[wwbc] Re: Dominic O'Brien and "time travelling" and Image Streaming ??

  • Robert W. L. Butt
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 1, 2002
      Hello,

      I missed to name of the book you're all referring to here, could someone
      enlighten me here ?

      It sounds as if this might be a little like Win Wengers "Image Streaming"
      but as mentioned above, I missed pretty much all of the ongoing dialogue.

      Thanks

      Rob00
    • Shaun Thomas
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 1, 2002
        Rob,

        I think Dominic's 'time travelling' is different from image
        streaming. With Dominic's mental workout you remember things from
        your past, some of which you may have forgotton. This can be done by
        simply relaxing and then delving into your past, linking and
        sometimes noting events (like mind maps as previously mentioned).
        Image streaming (as I have read) is more of a free association game
        in the present. Saying what comes into your mind and describing it
        with all the senses. Objects and actions will then flow out from
        the 'deep'. I believe both are excellent for the brain and they are
        also very relaxing.

        Shaun
      • Robert W. L. Butt
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 2, 2002
          Shaun,

          Many thanks for the input.

          Do you happen to have the title of the book that you've all been referring
          to ?

          Image Streaming is one of the things I'm teaching a business studies group
          at the local university, the students find it interesting.

          It's early days yet as we have'nt gone too deep so far but I hope to notch
          up some more impressive depth soon.

          Thanks.

          Rob00

          -------------------- Beginn der urspr√ľnglichen Nachricht
          --------------------

          Message text written by INTERNET:wwbc@yahoogroups.com

          "
          Rob,

          I think Dominic's 'time travelling' is different from image
          streaming. With Dominic's mental workout you remember things from
          your past, some of which you may have forgotton. This can be done by
          simply relaxing and then delving into your past, linking and
          sometimes noting events (like mind maps as previously mentioned).
          Image streaming (as I have read) is more of a free association game
          in the present. Saying what comes into your mind and describing it
          with all the senses. Objects and actions will then flow out from
          the 'deep'. I believe both are excellent for the brain and they are
          also very relaxing.

          Shaun"

          -------------------- Ende der urspr√ľnglichen Nachricht --------------------
        • Shaun Thomas
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 2, 2002
            Rob,

            The book is called 'How to Develop a Perfect Memory'. It is nearly
            impossible to find, however there may be one or two people in the
            group that have a copy. Have you noticed any improvements after
            image streaming for some time?

            Shaun
          • Robert W. L. Butt
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 2, 2002
              Hi Shaun,

              I guess I've personally been a little on the lazy side latterly but after
              my NLP and hypnotherapy trainings( a few years ago) I found Win Wenger's
              ideas absorbing and embarked on some trials which me amazed me.

              The visual content and emotions that I perceived were much more dramatic
              than anything I'd previously experienced when doing similar work.

              Win's emphasis on speaking out loud, in the appropriate sensory language,
              does seem to pull one more into the mind's inner world and very rapidly
              too. I've noticed with the students that when there's a partner it's easier
              to focus whereas a tape recorder ( which Win recommends when doing Image
              Streaming on one's own)isn't able to prod you and ask you where you are
              when one is becoming lulled into deeper states of, well.....er sleep......
              ultimately when tired.

              I guess it's time ( time being an element that seems to be missing from
              most peaple's lives including my own and especially as I've been focussing
              my energies on laughter-yoga and getting the movement off the ground over
              here in Germany) to get down to my own serious practice again - thanks for
              prodding me here with your question!

              Do you "just" daydream with Dominic's ideas or is there also some form of
              out-loud talking - it's probably internal dialogue when I review what I
              know of the memorising ??

              Thanks for the book title, perhaps when I'm back in the UK again I can dig
              out a secondhand copy.

              Rob00