Detainee dies at U.S. Army prison in Iraq

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 7, 2008
      Detainee dies at U.S. Army prison in Iraq
      By Dazeylin
      http://freedetainees.org/646

      Note from the FD editor: I hope you believe me when I say that the
      statement "died from injuries apparently sustained during an assault
      by other prisoners" is extremely suspicious.

      BAGHDAD (AP) — A detainee at a U. S. Army prison has died from
      injuries apparently sustained during an assault by other prisoners,
      the military said Friday.

      The detainee — whose name, age and nationality were not given — was
      pronounced dead at Camp Bucca in southern Iraq Thursday by an
      attending physician, a brief statement said.

      An investigation is pending to determine whether the apparent
      assault was the cause of death, it said. Afterward, the detainee's
      family will receive the remains.

      In Iraq, the U. S. Army oversees thousands of prisoners at Camp
      Cropper near Baghdad airport, Camp Bucca in the southern desert, and
      Fort Suse in the Kurdish north.