Jewish group demands Internet purge

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 14, 2008
      Jewish Group Demands YouTube Purge "Anti-Semitic" Videos
      Thursday, 20 March 2008

      Hamburg — Germany's national Jewish body said Thursday it
      has filed suit against YouTube and its parent company Google,
      demanding a court order for the site to be permanently purged
      of anti-Semitic videos.

      Stephan Kramer, secretary general of the Central Council of Jews
      in Germany, said in Hamburg, "we charge Google with aiding and
      abetting racial hatred and discrimination on its YouTube video-
      platform subsidiary.

      "We applied this week for an injunction from a court in Hamburg."

      He said one example was a video clip that showed a late president
      of the Central Council, Paul Spiegel, being burned alive. He charged
      that it had been available for download for months on end.

      YouTube allows users to flag videos as inappropriate, leading to
      a review by YouTube editors who can delete videos that breach
      the platform's terms of use.