Gilad Atzmon: Swindler’s List

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 5, 2008
      Swindler's List
      Gilad Atzmon
      April 3, 2008
      Peacepalestine
      www.uruknet.info?p=42717<http://www.uruknet.info/?p=42717>

      It is a common trend amongst rabid Zionists and notorious Islamophobes
      to quote some isolated and mistranslated verses from the Qur'an for
      the purpose of collectively libeling Muslims and presenting Islam as a
      regressive and violent belief system <http://www.themoviefitna.com/>.
      Needless to say, so far, such repetitive attempts have been found
      futile if not actually counter-effective. Not a single Western
      politician, Zionist campaigner or Neocon think tank has managed to
      establish a comprehensive case against Islam. The reason is rather
      simple, in spite of the clear fact that some devastating atrocities
      have been committed in the name of Islam and in the name of Jihad,
      these acts were performed by sporadic radicalized and isolated cells.
      As at it seems, in the eyes of the Western masses, it takes more than
      just a few random acts of a very few to undermine a humanist universal
      belief system and implicate its one billion followers.

      In order to incriminate Islam and to discredit its believers, a broad
      argument is needed, a conclusive undeniable proof that would establish
      a continuum between a given immoral religious text, a religious
      infrastructure and mass following movement of worshipers who behave
      immorally and accordingly. For the matter, a CIA-created mysterious
      character who allegedly hides in a cave for 7 years is not nearly
      enough. What we really want to see is a continuation between a
      so-called 'Islamic satanic Verses' and an Organic active collective
      set of worshipers who are tempted to follow the very verses and
      perform horrifically. Somehow, such a conclusive and comprehensive
      link is always missing in the Zionists' and Islamophobes' call for
      action. A radical Imam in London is not enough, a deliberate
      mistranslation of Ahmadinejad speeches won't do either. Even
      repetitive images of the twin towers being chewed by airliners would
      not provide the goods. Seemingly, time after time the ZioCon's
      defamation campaigns backlash. Instead of incriminating Islam
      and Muslims, ZioCons manage to marginalise themselves revealing their
      genuine faces. Time after time Zionists and Neocons are exposed
      marching along, side-by-side, with the most radical xenophobe bigots
      who happen to dwell amongst us in the West.

      Since the collective incrimination of Muslims stands at the premise of
      the Neocon philosophy as well as global Zionism, and since both
      Zionists and their Neocon twins are doing poorly on that front, I have
      decided to dedicate this paper to a pedagogic cause and try to help
      them out. I will give here a crash course in rhetoric. I will try to
      enlighten our foes and show them, step by step, how to establish a
      case based on continuum between the Holy Scripture and merciless
      collective barbarism. Assuming that Zionists (both Jews and
      Christians) as well as Neocons are rather familiar with the Old
      Testament (as much as they are unfamiliar with the Qur'an), I will
      point at a relatively very short extract from the Torah. For that
      purpose I picked up a small biblical extract that will help us to
      explore the current ZioCon plundering culture in the light of the
      Judaic teaching and God's promise. The following verses are a part of
      an oratory made by Moses to his people while on their way to their
      'promised land':

      "Listen, Israel: The Lord is our God, the Lord is one! You must love
      the Lord your God with your whole mind, your whole being, and all your
      strength." Deuteronomy chapter six: 4-5
      http://www.bible.org/netbible/index.htm?deu6.htm

      Considering the vast amount of beings around who are engaged in some
      relentless love seeking, I wouldn't dare criticise the Judaic God for
      doing the same. The Judaic God is entitled to demand the love of his
      chosen people. However, the Israelites' God is at least kind enough
      to give something in return:

      "Then when the Lord your God brings you to the land he promised your
      ancestors Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob to give you a land with large,
      fine cities you did not build, houses filled with choice things you
      did not accumulate, hewn out cisterns you did not dig, and vineyards
      and olive groves you did not plant – and you eat your fill."
      (Deuteronomy: Six 10 -11)
      <http://www.bible.org/netbible/index.htm?deu6.htm>

      On the face of it, the Old Testament verses above could stand as the
      most simplistic yet valid and solid proof for the existence of God.
      As we know, at least according to the Bible, God indeed managed to
      live up to his promise. He clearly brought his chosen people to the
      land of milk and honey and made them live in cities they didn't build
      and drink their water from wells they didn't dig. Clearly, the Lord
      did not abandon his people. A few millenniums later, the Judaic God
      capitalised on his might and brought the nations on their knees so
      they saw the light and willingly voted for the 1947 UN partition
      resolution. A fatal error that made it legal (rather than moral) for
      the new Israelite to live in cities he didn't build and drink from
      wells he didn't dig. Indeed, if there is a question regarding the
      existence of the Judaic God, the above should be enough to prove his
      existence.

      However, it is rather obvious and very embarrassing to admit that the
      Judaic God, as portrayed by Moses in Deuteronomy 6:10 is an immoral
      evil God. It is a God who leads his people to plunder, robbery and
      theft. Yet, there are many ways to deal with this negative image of
      the almighty. On the literary level one can suggest that the given
      verses are not more than just two isolated lines in a gigantic text
      that is well meaning and offers some fundamental universal thoughts.
      On the contextual level, one may suggest that it wasn't actually God
      himself who was talking to his chosen people but rather Moses who
      failed to deliver the true message of God. In other words, Moses may
      have 'gotten it wrong' or even 'made it up'.

      In fact, there are many other ways to save the Judaic God from being
      the logos behind contemporary Israeli plundering, yet, it is not that
      easy to save the Israelites from being presented as robbers and
      plunders, especially in the light of their spiritual, cultural and
      religious heritage. In short, it is actually impossible not to see the
      continuum between Deuteronomy 6:10 and the crime against the
      Palestinian people that is committed by the Jewish State in the name
      of the Jewish people.

      Seemingly, Moses, his contemporaries and their current Zionist
      followers were and are rather excited about the possibilities laid
      ahead for them in the Land of Milk and Honey. Israel, the Jewish
      State, had been following Moses' call to the elements. The ethnic
      cleansing of the Palestinian people in 1948 makes Deuteronomy 6:10
      look like a prophecy has come true. On a daily basis the Israelis rob
      the indigenous Palestinians of their land, cities, villages, fields,
      orchards and wells. In fact this robbery has never stopped for over a
      century.

      For the last sixty years, Moses' call for theft is put into a legal
      praxis. The Israeli looting of Palestinian cities, homes, fields and
      wells found its way into the Israeli legal system. Already in 1950-51
      Israel legislators approved the 'Absentee Property Law', a racially
      orientated law that is there to prevent Palestinians from returning to
      their lands, cities and villages. A law that is there to allow the new
      Israelites to live in houses and cities they didn't build.

      The never-ending robbery of Palestine by Israel in the name of the
      Jewish people establishes a devastating spiritual, ideological,
      cultural and obviously, practical continuum between the Judaic bible
      and the Zionist project. The crux of the matter is simple yet
      disturbing: Israel and Zionism are both successful political systems
      that put into devastating practice the plunder promised by the Judaic
      God in the Judaic holy scriptures. It seems obvious: Zionist and
      Neocon repetitive failure tendency to defame Islam and Muslims is
      actually nothing more than a banal projection. Zionists and Neocons
      are well familiar with the different immoral teaching within the
      Judaic spiritual and religious heritage that matured into a Zionist
      looting. Foolishly, they try to project it on Islam and Muslims. After
      reading Moses' oratory we may have to confess, the Jewish nationalist
      project that is supported by the vast majority of Jewish institutions
      around the world is an attempt aiming at robbery of the indigenous
      Palestinians following a cultural and religious heritage that is
      overwhelmingly documented in the Judaic Bible.

      Yet we must never forget that not all Jews follow the Bible. Some are
      not even aware of the biblical text or its content. Some may even
      suggest to us that we must never forget the Bund and its progressive,
      secular and cosmopolitan heritage that is currently maintained by a
      half a dozen enthusiast Jewish Marxists around the world. Indeed, we
      have to admit that out of the very few Bundists who didn't immigrate
      to Israel after the war, half a dozen do not agree with Israel,
      Zionism and the robbery of Palestine. This is certainly a reason to be
      cheerful. However, Bundists believe that instead of robbing
      Palestinians we should all get together and rob who is considered to
      be the rich, the wealthy and the strong in the name of working class
      revolution. Here is the Bund's call for action taken from 'The Vow'
      the Bund's anthem
      (http://www.anu.edu.au/polsci/marx/int/shvue/shvue.htm):

      We swear our stalwart hate persists,
      Of those who rob and kill the poor:
      The Tsar, the masters, capitalists.
      Our vengeance will be swift and sure.
      So swear together to live or die!

      On the face of it, robbing the rich, confiscating their homes and
      grabbing their wealth is seen as an ethical act within the progressive
      discourse. As a young revolutionary I myself took part in some
      righteous parades. I was ready to grab my sword and to join the
      hunt for a Tsar, a capitalist or any other enemy who may cross my way.
      But then, the inevitable happened, I grew up. I realised that such a
      vengeance towards an entire class of wealthy goyim is not more than an
      extension of Moses' oratory of Deuteronomy Six.

      Robbery cannot be the way forwards. Whether it is Palestinians,
      Iraqis, world banking or even the Tsar himself. Robbing involves a
      categorical dismissal of the other. Hence, it must be premised on some
      inherent self-righteousness. Robbery and plunder doesn't live in peace
      with a deep understanding of the notion of human equality. Sadly we
      have to admit that hate-ridden plunder of other people's possessions
      made it into the Jewish political discourse both on the left and
      right. The Jewish nationalist would rob Palestine in the name of the
      right of self-determination, the Jewish progressive is there to rob
      the ruling class and even international capital in the name of world
      working class revolution. I better stay out of it.

      Conclusion: It must be stated that if Neocons and Zionists are really
      interested in defaming Islam and Muslims, all they have to do is to
      provide us with a similar analogous extensive reading of Islam in
      which an alleged satanic verse is translated into an unethical praxis
      performed by a substantial organised collective. However, bearing in
      mind the increasing influence of the Old Testament within the American
      political discourse due to the rise of popularity of Christian
      fundamentalism in America, the notion of the plundering God may help
      us to understand the American current conduct in Iraq and in
      Afghanistan. In other words, the growing popularity of Old Testament
      teachings may help us to grasp the predatory philosophy encouraged by
      the perpetrators of the notorious 'New American Century'
      (http://www.newamericancentury.org<http://www.newamericancentury.org/>).Most
      importantly, within such a problematic reading of the Judaic God as
      presented in Deuteronomy 6:10 and its total dismissal of the Other,
      Jesus' call to love one's neighbour comes into life. This is the exact
      ingredient some of us miss in Moses' oratory as reflected in Jewish
      political discourse and praxis. It is love to one's neighbour that we
      lack in contemporary Anglo-American affairs. Human brotherhood is
      what we miss in Jewish nationalism both right and left. Would the
      Zionists be open to the notion of brotherhood, they would be empathic
      to the Palestinian right of return. Would the Jewish Marxists and
      cosmopolitans be open to the notion of Brotherhood, they would give up
      on their unique exclusive banners and become ordinary human beings
      like the rest of us.