Pakistan to help US in War on Islam

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2008
      Pakistan to help US in War on Islam
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TheMuslimNews/message/151

      Verily General Musharaf has failed Islam and the Muslim Ummah,
      allying himself with the worst of the disbelievers.

      "And those who disbelieve are allies to one another, (and) if you
      (Muslims) do not do so (i.e. become allies), there will be Fitnah
      (wars, battles, polytheism, etc.) and oppression on earth, and a great
      mischief and corruption." (The Holy Quran 8:73)

      President George Bush has ordered a new offensive to capture or kill
      Osama bin Laden, having apparently secured the support of Pakistan
      to allow American troops to operate inside its borders.

      Reports yesterday said the anti-terrorism special forces group that
      was involved in the capture of Saddam Hussein, Task Force 121, and
      the CIA will head the operation this spring. Special forces troops
      have already been moved from Iraq to Afghanistan, where they have
      been briefed on the mission.

      "We're trying to transplant some of the lessons of the Saddam
      capture," an American official told The New York Times. "This is
      different territory and our targets are presumed to be moving
      around. But one lesson we learned in Iraq is that, by analogy, there
      are only a limited number of places that someone like Saddam Hussein
      and Bin Laden feel comfortable."

      Officials suggested that a crucial development in the new operation
      was the position of the Pakistani President, Pervez Musharraf, who
      has been extremely reluctant to allow US troops to base themselves
      in Pakistan. Officials said that following the visit by the CIA's
      director, George Tenet, to Pakistan last month, General Musharraf
      appeared more committed to the capture of Bin Laden and the
      Taliban's leader, Mullah Omar.

      It may be that the US has reached a deal using the recent disclosure
      over Pakistan's secret supply of nuclear technology to Iran, Libya
      and North Korea as a bargaining chip. The New Yorker magazine
      reported that Washington had struck a deal that would allow its
      troops to operate inside Pakistan in exchange for its support of the
      pardon General Musharraf gave to Abdul Qadeer Khan, the scientist
      who last month admitted leaking the nuclear secrets.

      The full disclosure of Dr Khan's activities would have exposed him
      as "the worst nuclear-arms proliferator in the world", an
      intelligence official told the magazine. "Musharraf told us: 'We've
      got guys inside. The people who provide fresh fruits and vegetables
      and herd the goats' for Bin Laden and his al-Qa'ida followers'." A
      former intelligence official said: "It's a quid pro quo. We're going
      to get our troops inside Pakistan in return for not forcing
      Musharraf to deal with Khan."

      Instead of carrying out raids and then returning to their bases,
      some of the 11,000 US soldiers will stay in the Afghan villages for
      days. They hope this will help them gather more intelligence.

      Officials say there has been an increase in the amount of
      intelligence received about Bin Laden. "The volume of intelligence
      is increasing as we get more forces out there," a Pentagon official
      said .

      Much of the timing is driven by the weather. As snow melts troops
      will be able to operate more easily in the mountains where many al-
      Qa'ida and Taliban fighters are believed to be hiding. At this time
      last year, many of the forces and intelligence operatives were
      involved in the operation to oust Saddam.

      "Ameers will be appointed over you, you recognise some of what
      they do and you disown some. Whoever recognised(their bad deeds)
      he is free from blame. Whoever disapproved (of their bad deeds) he is
      safe, but whoever consented and followed them (he is doomed.)" (Muslim
      reported on the authority of UmmSalama that the Messenger(saw))