Yisroel Feldman: Zionism Is The Root Problem

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 5, 2003
      Zionism! An ideology that is antithetical to Judaism, one fomented by
      unabashed atheists, heretics and even some ostensibly "religious"
      collaborators who have sold their souls to the irreligious Zionists
      for money and power.

      Zionism Is The Root Problem

      by Rabbi Yisroel P. Feldman Thursday June 26, 2003 at 04:47 AM

      Speech by Rabbi Yisroel P. Feldman of Neturei Karta Int.at the rally
      hosted by the New England Committee to Defend Palestine, to protest
      the "Boston Celebrates Israel Festival" in Boston, Mass. on Sunday,
      June 15, 2003

      With God's help may the words that we speak here today sanctify God's
      name and may it bring peace and brotherhood amongst His creations.
      A – salaam aleikum

      We have come to Boston today to protest the celebration of the
      founding of the blasphemous and heretical Zionist state taking place
      here. We represent Torah true Jews who remain loyal to authentic
      Judaism, who know that the root cause of the conflict and instability
      plaguing the Middle East, and hence the entire world, is the heresy
      against G d called Zionism, and the heinous crimes committed in the
      name of its illegitimate "State of Israel".

      Zionism! An ideology that is antithetical to Judaism, one fomented by
      unabashed atheists, heretics and even some ostensibly "religious"
      collaborators who have sold their souls to the irreligious Zionists
      for money and power.

      The founding of the Zionist state is in direct contradiction to the
      teachings of the Torah, which forbids the establishment of a Jewish
      state and commands Jews to remain in exile until they are released
      therefrom by G-d himself, without any human intervention, at which
      time all nations of the world will live together in peace, and serve
      their Creator in unity.

      Two thousand years ago, at the time of the Temple's destruction, the
      Jewish people were forbidden by the Creator (Tractate Ketuboth 111a)

      To go up en masse to the Holy Land
      To rebel against the nations
      To in any way attempt to end the exile
      Jews faithful to the Torah are enjoined by the Torah to conduct
      themselves as loyal, upright and grateful citizens in their host
      countries throughout the world.

      The Torah commands us to emulate G-d and to be compassionate. We are
      forbidden to unlawfully expropriate land, to subjugate or to oppress
      another people. Therefore we protest and mourn the murder,
      deportation, subjugation, and oppression of the Palestinian people by
      the Zionist hooligans who invaded their homeland, in violation of the
      Torah, and have caused so much needless suffering. The list of their
      crimes is endless.

      The cause of the past, current and, G-d forbid, future suffering is
      the aforementioned rebellion against G-d. The tragic and seemingly
      intractable conflict in the Middle East is directly attributable to
      the wicked actions of the Zionist regime against the indigenous
      population of Palestine, against whom the Zionists have been waging
      war for more than a century. Thus, the only solution to bring about
      peace and harmony is not more war and strife, but rather regime
      change in historic Palestine! The Torah's solution to this dilemma
      would be for the world community to actively work towards the
      dismantling of the illicit Zionist regime and the restoration of full
      Palestinian sovereignty over the whole of Palestine.. We firmly
      believe that such a solution would not result in Jews being
      slaughtered indiscriminately by the Palestinians. In fact, the very
      existence of the Zionist state endangers Jewish lives because it
      constitutes an open rebellion against G-d. Only when the Palestinian
      people return to their homeland as a sovereign nation and only when
      the scourge of the racist Zionist occupation has been removed from
      the sacred soil of Palestine will Jews and Arabs once again live in
      peace and harmony, as they have done for so many centuries, prior to
      the inception of Zionism some 100 years ago. Only when the
      Palestinian refugees are allowed to return to their native soil will
      there be peace in the Holy Land!

      It is a hollow mockery and a desecration of everything sacred to
      Judaism that the Zionist heretics base their specious claims to the
      Holy Land on the Bible, justifying their mass invasion, colonization,
      expropriation and displacement of the native inhabitants of
      Palestine, who, according to the Torah, are entitled to sovereignty
      over the whole of their native homeland.

      By establishing the "state of Israel", the Zionists have openly
      rebelled against the will of G-d's and the laws of the Torah and
      thereby have caused immense pain and immeasurable suffering to both
      Jews and non-Jews. At occasions like this where people celebrate the
      establishment of the state of "Israel", Torah true Jews lament the
      invidious attempts by the Zionists to transform Judaism from a
      religion into a secular, hypernationalistic and fundamentally racist
      creed and their sinister efforts to uproot the Torah's teachings from
      the Jewish people.

      We mourn the pernicious effects Zionism has had on the Jewish people
      and the Holy Land, including the ongoing desecration of the Sabbath,
      the introduction of immodest dress, and immoral media into Jewish
      society, and a litany of violations against many of the laws of our
      faith, not the least of which is the commandment to be compassionate
      toward our fellow man.

      The United Nations acquiesced to the establishment of the Zionist
      state in the aftermath of World War II with good intentions of
      providing assistance and shelter to persecuted Jews. Yet Zionism and
      Israel have been a curse and source of suffering for the Jewish
      people ever since! Where else have so many Jews died since World War
      II if not in the Zionist state? All because of the craven ambition of
      the Zionists for power in their brazen defiance of the teachings and
      values of Judaism! Anyone with even the slightest knowledge of
      history and current events knows that the Zionist state has been one
      of the greatest tragedies for the Jewish people, creating conflict
      with Muslims and Arabs, with whom Jews have lived in peace and
      harmony for many centuries throughout the world from Morocco to Iraq,
      from Casablanca to Baghdad!

      Judaism is not Zionism! Judaism is the faith of the Jewish people in
      G-d and His Torah. Zionism is the racist anti-Jewish ideology of a
      band of gangsters who managed to deceive so many Jews into thinking
      that only they can protect Jews from external threats to their
      existence. These criminals are known to have actively encouraged anti-
      Jewish feeling throughout the world in order to compel Jews to
      immigrate to the Zionist state as a safe haven. Need we remind
      ourselves of what the Zionists did to fool Jews in Yemen, Iraq and
      Egypt into moving to their state by planting bombs in synagogues,
      assassinating innocent Jews and beguiling G-d-fearing Jews with their
      false proclamations that the Messianic era had arrived and that the
      promised ingathering of the exiles had begun?

      Anti-Jewish prejudice is the lifeblood of Zionism! Without it,
      Zionism could not survive! Zionism seeks to label anyone opposing its
      policies as "anti-Semitic," which is utterly false, both logically
      and factually!

      We implore the Jewish people to return to G-d and His Torah, to
      totally disavow the blatant heresy of Zionism and its so-
      called "State of Israel". Repent and return! G-d and his Torah are
      waiting for you. Only in this manner will G-d stop punishing us. Only
      with the Jewish people's collective rejection of Zionism will the
      tragic reports of carnage and terror in the Holy Land cease.

      We beseech the Muslim community not to make the tragic mistake of
      equating Judaism with Zionism. You must know that they are in fact
      two extreme opposites. Do not accuse the Jewish people of being
      Zionists. Do not accuse the Jewish people of being your enemies. The
      fact is that the Jewish people commiserate with your suffering. The
      Jewish people truly feel your pain. We are totally embarrassed,
      horrified, and pained by the actions of our wayward brothers. Let us
      recall our past friendship and let us work to restore it.

      We plead with the honorable leaders of the great powers to carefully
      consider the underlying reasons for the anger and conflict in the
      Holy Land! It is of the utmost urgency that leaders realize and
      acknowledge that the true source of this is the injustice committed
      the creation of a Zionists State!

      We who are loyal to our Torah and the teachings of our authentic
      rabbis throughout history pray and yearn for the speedy and peaceful
      dismantling of this Zionist State of "Israel". We anxiously await the
      day of messianic redemption when the entire world will serve G-d in
      brotherhood and harmony.

      As the prophet Isaiah says (11:9):
      "For the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the L-rd, as waters
      cover the sea."

      And as the Psalmist declares that one day all nations will unite in
      the service of G-d (Psalms 102:23):

      "…when the people are gathered together, and the kingdoms, to serve
      the L-rd."
      And finally, as Jews each year on Rosh HaShannah express their desire
      for mankind to recognize the Creator and to worship Him in
      brotherhood and unity

      "…and they will be joined in one united group to do Your will
      wholeheartedly." Amen.

      Declaration on `the Palestine issue' by
      Neturei Karta of the UK
      to be brought to the attention of Members of Parliament of the UK

      See photos at:

      1. The Definition of the Neturei Karta group.
      The Neturei Karta group is a spearhead group within the Jewish
      People, who are prepared to stand up and express openly a religious
      and humanitarian philosophy held in essence by large numbers
      (hundreds of thousands) and possibly the majority of authentic
      Orthodox Jews. A philosophy totally opposed to the attitude adopted
      by the Zionists and to Zionism as a whole.

      The philosophy in essence is that for the last two thousand years or
      so the Jewish people have been in a state of exile decreed by the A-
      lmighty. The Jews were exiled from their land because they did not
      maintain the standards expected of them. This state of exile is the
      situation that exists right up to the present day. It is a basic part
      of our belief to accept willingly the Heavenly decree of exile and
      not to try and fight against it or to end it by our own hands. In
      practical terms, exile for us means that Jews must be loyal subjects
      of the countries in which they live and not attempt to rule over the
      established indigenous populations of those countries. And of course
      this includes Palestine.

      The Zionist movement founded approximately 100 years ago based on
      secular nationalistic aims, was a complete abandonment of our
      religious teachings and faith - in general - and in particular
      regarding our approach to our state of exile and to the peoples among
      whom we live.

      2. Neturei Karta's position towards Israel
      The ideology of Zionism is to take the law into ones own hands and to
      try to force the outcome in the form of a State irrespective of the
      cost in life and property to anyone who stands in the way. The
      Palestinians stood in the way.

      The practical outcome of Zionism in the form of the State known
      as `Israel' is completely alien to Judaism and the Jewish Faith and
      has been and continues to be the cause of untold suffering and
      bloodshed both Jewish and non-Jewish.

      The apparent connection between Judaism and Zionism is false. The
      connection has been nurtured by the Zionists in order to ensnare as
      many Jews as possible within their net.

      According to the Torah and Jewish faith, the present Palestinian Arab
      claim to rule in Palestine is right and just. The Zionist claim is
      wrong and criminal.

      It follows, therefore, that the Jewish people have no right to rule
      today in Palestine.

      One must add to this wrong, the fact that in order to achieve an ill
      conceived nationalistic ambition, a shocking contravention of natural
      and humanitarian justice was committed by the Zionists in setting up
      an illegitimate regime in Palestine completely against the wishes of
      the established population, the Palestinians, which inevitably had to
      be based on loss of life, killing and stealing.

      Our attitude to Israel is that the whole concept is flawed and
      illegitimate. It is a tragedy for the Palestinians and also for the
      Jewish people.

      3. Neturei Karta's position towards Zionist Jews
      The Zionists have made themselves to appear as the representatives
      and spokespeople of all Jews thus, with their actions arousing
      animosity against the Jews. But, this is simply not true! Zionism is
      not Judaism. Zionists cannot speak in the name of Jews.

      Although, it must be remembered that a large number of people living
      within the Zionist State are there by force of circumstances and are
      by no means ideological Zionists. Their support for the Zionist State
      is by force of habit and circumstance. They would be quite happy to
      live under a Muslim regime if they would be allowed to do so in

      4. Neturei Karta's position towards Muslims and Arabs
      The connection between Muslims and Jews goes right back into ancient
      history. Mostly the relationship was friendly and mutually
      beneficial. Historically, the situation frequently was that when Jews
      were being persecuted in Europe they found refuge in the various
      Muslim countries. Our attitude to Muslims and Arabs can only be one
      of friendliness and respect.

      To sum up.

      We consider the Palestinians as the people with the right to govern
      in Palestine.

      The Zionist oppression, abuse and murder of Arabs is a tragedy not
      only for the Palestinians but for the Jewish people as well.
      The continuing existence of the Zionist State is the underlying cause
      of the strife in Palestine.

      It must be clear that opposition to Zionism and its crimes does not
      imply hatred of Jews. On the contrary Zionism itself and its deeds
      are the biggest threat to Judaism.

      Governments of the world should realise that supporting Zionists and
      Zionism is not helping Jews or Judaism but only perpetuates the
      tragic impasse and constant bloodshed in the Middle East.

      We are waiting for the annulment of Zionism and the dismantling of
      the Zionist regime, and would welcome the opportunity to dwell in
      peace in the holy land under a rule which is entirely in accordance
      with the wishes of the Palestinian People.

      We pray for a solution to the terrible and tragic impasse that
      exists. Hopefully based on results brought about by moral, political
      and economic pressures imposed by the nations of the world.

      Neturei Karta - UK

      Rabbi Ahron Cohen

      Yahoo ads are not under WVNS control.