POPE CHANGES PRAYER TO APPEASE JEWS

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 6, 2008
      THE POPE SOFTENS CONVERSION PRAYER TO APPEASE THE PHARISEES
      by Michael A. Hoffman II
      www.RevisionistHistory.org

      Papa Benny has put his ermine tail firmly between his satin-clad legs
      and made the Catholic Tridentine prayer for the conversion of the
      "Jews" less likely to give offense to the eternally offended ones.
      Here is the 1962 Good Friday Prayer of the Tridentine Latin rite:

      "Let us pray also for the Jews: that almighty God may remove the veil
      from their hearts; so that they too may acknowledge Jesus Christ our
      Lord. Let us pray. Let us kneel. Arise. Almighty and eternal God, who
      dost also not exclude from thy mercy the Jews: hear our prayers, which
      we offer for the blindness of that people; that acknowledging the
      light of thy Truth, which is Christ, they may be delivered from their
      darkness. Through the same Lord Jesus Christ, who lives and reigns
      with thee in the unity of the Holy Spirit, God, for ever and ever. Amen."

      That prayer has now been suppressed. The new "traditional" prayer
      substituted by Pope Benedict XVI reads as follows: "We pray for the
      Jews. That our God and Lord enlighten their hearts so that they
      recognize Jesus Christ, the Saviour of all mankind. Let us pray. Kneel
      down. Arise. Eternal God Almighty, you want all people to be saved and
      to arrive at the knowledge of the Truth, graciously grant that by that
      the fullness of the Gentiles all Israel will be saved. Through
      Christ our Lord."

      Gone are references to "a veil on their hearts," their "blindness" and
      their "dwelling in darkness."

      The irony is that the 1962 prayer is itself an emasculation of the
      original Tridentine Good Friday Prayer which referred to unbelieving
      "perfidious Jews." This prayer was suppressed by Pope John XXIII.

      It used to be that Protestants like England's King Edward VI and Queen
      Elizabeth I, and Communists in Poland and Hungary were the ones who
      banned traditional Catholic prayers. Now it is the popes themselves
      who perform this service on behalf of the Orwellian New World Order.
      All this for "fear of the Jews." After Pentecost, Christians were to
      no longer have that fear. Could it be that many of those who say they
      are Christians are not, but are impostors? Is Benedict XVI an
      impostor pope? Or just a Machiavellian-Kabbalist, Medici-style pontiff
      in the Leo X mold?

      I long for the day when there will be one prominent Christian leader,
      Roman Catholic, Russian Orthodox, or Protestant, with a substantial
      national following and a great deal to lose materially and
      career-wise, who will publicly expose Judaism for what it is and
      follow through on that exposure with decisive, definitive and
      consistent educational and evangelical efforts along those lines.

      I've been waiting for more than thirty-five years and it hasn't
      happened yet.

      Oh yes, I almost forgot. Because the eternally offended ones have
      taken offense at even the newly revised prayer, Right wing fans of
      Pope Benedict are defending him.

      In addition to the eternally offended, we also have the eternally
      imbecilic.

      (Hoffman is the author of the forthcoming book, "Judaism Discovered").