Maria Hussain: Hit Piece Bruises Paul

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 10 11:58 AM
      Hit Piece Bruises Ron Paul
      Maria Hussain
      January 10, 2008
      MariaHussain.wordpress.com

      Martin Peretz, owner of the New Republic and funder of
      Hillary really hurt Paul yesterday. It was a typical
      Peretz thing to do - smear someone as a "homophobe"
      and "racist" the day of the election. The New
      Republic's Jamie Kirchick ludicrously claimed that Ron
      Paul personally called Martin Luther King a "gay
      pedophile," and other outlandish claims he later
      retracted as mere gossip.

      A very similar thing happened in Somerville on the eve
      of the vote about whether or not city funds should be
      invested in Israel or locally - in order to make it
      sound more "controversial" than the issue really was,
      all the neocon pundits went crazy, making up stories
      about how I am a supporter of the local investment
      movement and I'm a homophobic terrorist supporter that
      hangs out with David Duke. This is a common tactic. It
      makes you seem really "scary" to liberals. Liberals
      whose vote we were counting on.

      If the American people can't get beyond the
      "homophobic" smear in order to save their country,
      America probably deserves to be crushed like a bug
      quite frankly. People act exactly like insects.
      Running around doing what "they" expect, never
      thinking.

      We have to be prepared in advance. I mentioned a
      couple weeks ago the Zionist press is going to do
      this. Dr. Paul needed a pre-emptive attack - a
      statement on how his program is best for Blacks and
      Gays. As we all know, there is no difference between
      Huckabee and Hillary when it comes to AIPAC issues.
      This game is a distraction. But there is a comeback.

      Is Dr. Paul a racist? No, Dr. Paul WILL SET YOU FREE.
      We need to emphasize his prison release program and
      make sure people realize that Hillary and Obama are
      NOT going to end war, they want new wars. Ron Paul is
      the Black Man's Best Friend. He is going to bring your
      sons home from the war and release all non-violent
      drug offenders from prison his first day in office, he said.
      Ron Paul has more Black supporters than any other
      Republican candidate and more active US military
      personnel supporters than any other candidate.

      The issue is not which candidate will win or lose. The
      real issue is are we going to lose our country?
      Americans are such sheep. If we don't somehow teach
      our friends to mistrust the media and double check
      everything, that's it for USA.

      The sad part is that Dr. Paul was polling at 17% but
      then a lot of those people went to vote Democratic
      because they were embarrassed by the homophobic racist
      smear that was circulated on the internet. It is true
      that there was reportedly voter fraud. The hand count
      of the votes puts Dr. Paul at 15% not 8% as the
      newsmedia erroneously reported. But that still means
      he lost 2% of the expected vote and all of the
      fence-sitters who could have put him above 20% just
      because of this typical Jewish smear tactic that was
      coordinated and planned to not give Ron Paul time to
      answer the accusations before the election.

      Dr. Paul will not be counted as a winner unless he
      wins by an overwhelming landslide. Even then, the
      neocons might send in the National Guard to prevent
      him from taking office, except the Guard is in Iraq.
      (How convenient.) What happens next? No country in the
      world knows what the next step is, how to get free.
      The question is, how much longer will Americans fall
      for these tricks?

      RON PAUL'S RESPONSE

      Ron Paul has already responded to these ridiculous
      accusations and slammed them as political haymaking to
      coincide with the New Hampshire primary.

      "The quotations in The New Republic article are not
      mine and do not represent what I believe or have ever
      believed. I have never uttered such words and denounce
      such small-minded thoughts.

      In fact, I have always agreed with Martin Luther King,
      Jr. that we should only be concerned with the content
      of a person's character, not the color of their skin.
      As I stated on the floor of the U.S. House on
      April 20, 1999: `I rise in great respect for the
      courage and high ideals of Rosa Parks who stood
      steadfastly for the rights of individuals against
      unjust laws and oppressive governmental policies.'

      This story is old news and has been rehashed for over
      a decade. It's once again being resurrected for
      obvious political reasons on the day of the New
      Hampshire primary.

      When I was out of Congress and practicing medicine
      full-time, a newsletter was published under my name
      that I did not edit. Several writers contributed to
      the product. For over a decade, I have publicly taken
      moral responsibility for not paying closer attention
      to what went out under my name."

      [We invite readers to share their views on Mr.
      Kirchick's article by e mailing him at
      james.kirchick@....]

      Dr. Paul has an honest opinion. The neo-liberals have
      think tanks working night and day doing marketing
      analysis and using psychology to turn the public away
      from Dr. Paul. There are Israeli/neocon spies that
      keep tabs on every political activist in Boston and do
      write-ups about them in Jerusalem, and meet with the
      local & Israeli government about how to neutralize
      them. In Palestine they just use a laser gun if
      someone starts telling the truth. In America they
      character assassinate more often. Like we have any
      importance whatsoever. They flew the mayor of
      Somerville to talk to Ariel Sharon about how to
      silence eleven Boston responsible investment
      activists.

      Basically how the Lobby won it (and it was a close
      race, 45 to 55%) was they made a bunch of slick
      posters with Deval Patrick's face on it, AND they
      released a number of news reports and commentaries
      that totally twisted the positions and arguments of
      both sides, so that the average voter would be
      confused about what they were voting for or against.
      They also used a lot of psychological pressure
      labeling people as "racists" "anti-Semites" etc. so
      that the people who would normally support the ballot
      initiative got scared away.

      These people are very serious about not wanting Dr.
      Paul's voice to be heard and they don't want him to
      win. But they always use the same tactics.

      If they don't succeed in turning Dr. Paul's name into
      mud, they will turn on the organizers of the movement.
      It's going to go on and on and we have to strategize.
      Is there a strategic planning wing of the People for
      Paul movement?