Israel Burns a Historic Mosque in Bethlehem
- Israel Burns a Historic Mosque in Bethlehem
by Haitham on 04. January 2008
A group of Israeli settlers torched an historic mosque in the town of
Al-Khader, near Bethlehem, on Tuesday. The settlers used 20 beehives
as fuel for the fire, after stealing the beehives from a Palestinian
farm located near the mosque.
The Al-Hamadiyya Mosque is the main center for prayer for most of the
villagers in Al-Khader village, and is believed to be 700 years old.
The villagers restored the mosque several years ago, after they were
prevented from going to other nearby mosques due to Israeli
restrictions. The town of Al-Khader is completely surrounded by
Israeli fences and the Wall, which is being constructed on the village
Israeli settlers have been attempting to seize land around Al-Khader
for the expansion of the Jewish-only colonies of Efrata and El'azar.
Al-Khader has faced increased restrictions by the Israeli military,
including being unable to leave the village, which is completely
So, with no way to leave their village, a group of local Muslim
leaders restored the ruins of Al-Hamadiyya mosque. An imam was
appointed two years ago to head the restored mosque.
The imam and fellowship of the mosque called on the Palestinian
Ministry of Tourism and Antiquities to help them rebuild the burned
mosque, and to help protect the village from future Israeli attacks.
COMMENTARY by Saed Bannoura - IMEMC News
Why was this NOT reported by CNN, FOX, MSNBC, etc?
1. The terrorist operation was NOT in Tel Aviv - Israel, but Bethlehem
- Occupied Palestine,
2. The terrorists are NOT Muslims, but Jews,
3. The terrorists are NOT Palestinians, but Israelis,
4. The site is NOT Jewish, but Muslim's,
SO, WHO CARES?!
Just imagine a terrorist burning a Jewish holy site What would happen?
1. Bush would be given his war deceleration speech,
2. EU evacuating their nationals from the Middle East,
3. UN and Security Council are voting on new resolutions to back WW III,
What a hypocritical world we live in!