Police Nab Jew Drawing Swastikas on Her Own Door

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 6, 2007
      Police: Jewish GW Student Admits Putting Swastikas On Her Door
      November 5, 2007
      http://www.nbc4.com/news/14516979/detail.html

      WASHINGTON -- George Washington University officials said a Jewish
      student who complained about swastikas showing up on her door put them
      there herself.

      The student lives in Mitchell Hall, where half a dozen swastikas had
      shown up on her dorm room door in the past several weeks.

      University police set up a hidden camera. They said the girl admitted
      responsibility Monday.

      News 4 interviewed the student last week after the fifth swastika was
      discovered. She did not want to be identified.

      "It's a big story," said Jake Sherman, GW Hatchet editor. "Thirty
      percent of GW students are Jewish"

      Reporters at the GW Hatchet newspaper have been following the story
      since it began. They said they learned on Monday morning that the
      alleged victim would likely be implicated.

      They said they spoke to her twice by phone.

      According to reporters at the newspaper, the student said, "I wasn't
      looking to create this sort of insanity. I wasn't looking to become a
      media darling. I was just looking for acknowledgment from the
      university that someone drew a swastika on the door."

      The student now faces disciplinary action from the school and could
      face criminal charges.

      Previous Stories:
      Links - http://www.nbc4.com/news/14516979/detail.html

      November 4, 2007: GW Makes Arrest In Swastikas Case
      November 3, 2007: Another Swastika Appears At GW
      November 2, 2007: Another Swastika Reported At GWU
      October 31, 2007: Fifth Swastika Drawn On GW Student's Door
      October 30, 2007: No Arrests Made In Apparent GW Hate Crime