Mrs. Bin Laden Talks

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2007
      Mrs. Bin Laden Talks to Asharq Al-Awsat
      16/07/2007
      By Mohammed Al Shafey

      London, Asharq Al-Awsat- Zaina, the British wife of Osama Bin Laden's
      son, revealed that she is currently staying with friends in a Sharm
      el-Sheikh resort.

      This, she says, is not to escape harassment by the British tabloids
      press, but rather to undergo eye surgery in Egypt.

      Zaina Mohammed, as she now prefers to be called, also revealed that
      her first husband was a Saudi student. She was 16 years of age when
      she married him, while he was 19. "The marriage failed," she said,
      "because he had refused to tell his parents about his British bride."
      She declined to comment, however, when asked about details such as his
      name, or if she had had any children with him.

      She stated, in a telephone interview with Asharq Al-Awsat, that in
      Egypt she feels completely safe. She also confirmed that her
      relationship with her husband Omar is still on and is "blissful". In
      fact, she was waiting for a telephone call from him right after her
      phone interview with Asharq Al-Awsat was over, she told us. She and
      Omar even spend close to 15 hours chatting to one over the internet.

      Regarding her marriage, she revealed that her son was her legal
      guardian in the marriage ceremony and her witnesses were male
      relatives from her husband's side; while she waited with the women of
      the family in an adjacent hall, as per Arab and Islamic customs.

      British tabloid "News of the World" ran an exposé with photos,
      yesterday, of Zaina's past as "Jane Felix Brown." A British tabloid
      offered her neighbours thousands of dollars in exchange for details of
      her life with her 5 ex-husbands. She says: "A person whom I regret to
      call an old friend sold out to the tabloids, even when I trusted her
      with my innermost secrets."

      "The reason," she believes, "that such publications run these stories
      is that they are trying to wreck my relationship with Omar."

      Zaina retorted to rumours that the issue of her paternal great
      grandfather being Jewish was a secret she hid from Omar by saying that
      this is something her husband always knew. "I never hid a single
      detail of my past from him, from the moment our relationship began."

      Contrary to popular belief, Zaina contends that her husband is
      open-minded. She claims that he repeatedly says the following to her:
      "It doesn't matter to me that your great grandfather is Jewish or even
      Catholic. All that matters to me is that you are Muslim and you
      believe in the oneness of Allah."