Unhappy 4th of July, America

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 4 7:48 AM
      A Fourth Of July Card
      From Judy Andreas - JUDE10901 @ aol.com
      www.judyandreas.com

      Unhappy Fourth Of July, America. Are you ready for your annual
      celebration?

      As you don your party hat, take a good hard look into the mirror of
      your soul. Do you like what you see? Can you beautify the face of
      hypocrisy with a chorus of The Star Spangled Banner?

      On holidays such as this one, I long for those blissful days of my
      childhood; those days when the Fourth of July meant a joyous
      celebration of birth. We had claimed our independence from Great
      Britain and a new world (without the word "order" ) had been born.
      America was our land of opportunity and people came here to realize
      The American Dream. When did the dream morph into a nightmare? And
      when will we wake up?

      What will you be doing on July 4th? Will you be singing "God Bless
      America"? Will you be barbecuing large hunks of flesh and washing
      them down with a "cold one"?

      "Pass the genetically modified cob of corn, please"

      Will you be frolicking at your picnic, ooo-ing and ah - ing as
      fireworks flash over the evening sky? They are far more attractive
      than the daily decoration of chemtrails.

      Can you play The 1812 Overture loudly enough to deafen and deaden the
      sounds of the devastation that is being done in our name?

      Can you close your eyes tightly enough to blot out the pictures of the
      mutilated bodies of death and dying as we bring "freedom" to other
      lands?

      Wave your Chinese made American Flag and we will all play "Let's
      Pretend".

      I regretfully inform you that I will not be attending your party this
      year. My holiday spirit died along with The American Dream. And
      while you are singing "and the rockets red glare", try to forget that
      others will be listening to the "bombs bursting in air".

      Sorrowfully,
      Judy Andreas

      "Good-bye America ... you are not the country that I love and I
      finally realized no matter how much I sacrifice, I can't make you be
      that country unless you want it"

      Cindy Sheehan