Vanunu Speaks with American Free Press

    Message 1 of 1 , May 6 2:29 PM
      Vanunu Convicted Again; Decries Israeli Apartheid
      By Mark Glenn
      Issue #20, May 14, 2007
      http://americanfreepress.net/html/vanunu_convicted_again.html

      It has been three years since Mordecai Vanunu was released from prison
      after serving 18 years for blowing the whistle on Israel's nuclear
      weapons program. Now he may be heading back to jail for violating a
      military court order forbidding him from speaking to foreign journalists.

      On April 30, Vanunu was convicted by a lower court on 14 charges of
      violating the terms of his release in giving interviews with U.S.,
      British, Australian and French media, including American Free Press.
      He faces a possible six months in prison.

      Since his release, Vanunu has refused to remain silent on a number of
      issues, most notably the issue of Israel's nuclear weapons. At issue
      is his fear that Israel, being the "mad dog" state that former
      Minister of Defense Moshe Dayan suggested it become, will wind up
      unleashing its nuclear arsenal against not just Arab nations, but the
      entire world.

      Speaking with American Free Press Vanunu said:

      "Israel is determined to wage genocide upon innocent civilians . . .
      We have seen this for the last 50 years to some degree, and it has
      always been part of Israel's secret policy. Israel will use [its
      nuclear weapons] as a means of avoiding any kind of peace treaty with
      the Arabs as well as imposing her policies of occupation and of
      neglecting the suffering that she has caused the Palestinians for the
      last 50 years."

      On a more personal level, he told AFP that he wanted to leave Israel
      and go someplace "free" and "less brutal."

      He added: "I have seen the ugliness of Jewish society and have had my
      fill of it. . . . Although I was convicted, the truth is that I have
      won today, because I have proven once again that Israel is not a
      democratic country. It is a Jewish apartheid state where only Jews
      have rights and where non-Jews have no rights. There is no freedom of
      movement and no freedom of speech."

      Vanunu remarked on the hypocrisy of Israel and America when it comes
      to other nations possessing weapons of mass destruction. He also spoke
      of the fait accompli of destroying Iraq, as well as a possible war
      with Iran.

      In addition to speaking out against Israel's nuclear capability,
      Vanunu has also stated publicly on several occasions his belief that
      Israel was involved to varying degrees in terror attacks around the
      world, including 9-11, the Madrid train bombings and the bombings in
      London.

      After obtaining his "freedom," Vanunu has suffered a spate of verbal
      attacks and threats as a result of his activism from Zionists, both
      Jewish and Christian.

      However, given the fact that Israel's nuclear capability is no longer
      a secret, he feels that the attacks are personal in nature and tied to
      the fact that he "abandoned the tribe" by converting to Christianity.

      He told AFP that this was something that was a common theme during his
      prison term, where he would receive regular visits from Shin Bet and
      Mossad agents who would dangle the bait of parole in front of him if
      he would just renounce his conversion and "return to the fold." His
      comments concerning his conversion reveal why "interested parties"
      might engage in a program of vindictiveness against him:

      "In the same way that Jesus criticized Judaism 2,000 years ago, I was
      unwilling to accept what they teach. The Jews believe that there is
      only one Chosen People of God and preach their superiority. I decided
      that after 2,000 years these ideas were nonsense. There are 6 billion
      people around the world, all equal, all part of the human race. There
      is no such thing as a super race.

      "We should all respect and love each other, and that was the beginning
      of my rejecting Judaism and accepting the teachings of Jesus Christ
      and of accepting humanity. Those who teach Judaism control and ruin
      the lives of those under them, telling them what they must do every
      hour of every day, but at the same time they do not teach them to
      respect non-Jews as human beings. This is Judaism, a collection of
      primitive traditions thousands of years old that has not changed."

      He added that "the Jews came to Palestine in the name of their god and
      took this land and expelled the people and gave them hard, cruel,
      barbaric lives for the last 60 years. This way of thinking, this
      faith, cannot exist within this new age, and it was this that also led
      me to expose Israel's nuclear secrets."

      His sentencing date is scheduled for May 18.

      Mordechai Vanunu can be reached at the following address where he
      welcomes your correspondence and prayers, P.O. Box 20102, Herodotus
      Post Office, East Jerusalem 91384.

      Mark Glenn's 303-page book, No Beauty in the Beast, can be ordered
      from TBR BOOK CLUB (1-877-773-9077 toll free) for $28 ppd.