Cynthia McKinney For President

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 4, 2003
      Cynthia McKinney, the fearless Congresswoman unseated by AIPAC, began
      her trek to the White House. They did not want her as Congresswoman,
      they will get her as President :-)

      Cynthia is not for blacks vs whites, she is for working classes
      against Zionist and Mammonite rulers. Her cause should be advanced.
      Here is her good and short speech:

      United for Peace and Justice Teach-In
      Washington, DC
      May 31, 2003

      We are here to save our country.

      Never before in the history of our Republic have we, the citizens,
      been met with so many challenges from our leaders.

      President Bush proclaimed himself the President who would leave no
      child behind.

      Yet, millions of our children go hungry every night, and poverty,
      lack of health insurance, shortages of child care assistance,
      deficits in reading, writing, and math, high school dropouts, all
      confront too many children and their parents today.

      When George Bush was sworn in, our country had a surplus; but now that
      surplus has been frittered away. And those whose mantra used to
      be "fiscal responsibility," "balance the budget," are silent as the
      Administration owns up to its own report that places future US budget
      deficits at more than $44 trillion.

      in its quest for more butter, our President proposed tax cuts that
      would return more to the five Waltons who inherited Wal-Mart than to
      their nearly one million employees. And now the Administration denies
      tax cuts to minimum wage working families.

      Meanwhile, corporate criminals and tax cheats are getting millions in
      contracts from this Administration. World Com and DynCorp got no-bid
      contracts in Iraq. And just since March 2002, Halliburton has been
      given $530 million for work in Afghanistan and Iraq. This doesn't
      count the $70 million contract to repair Iraqi oil wells. Nor does it
      count the $30 million contract for constructing US terror camps at
      Guantanamo Bay.

      Our school children are about to be fed irradiated hamburger in the
      school lunch program. I wonder who'll get that contract.

      In its quest for more guns, we face steep hikes in defense spending,
      even though the Pentagon admits it's lost $2.3 trillion. The Bush
      Administration seems to be following a militaristic, global blueprint
      that plans for a new American Century.

      All Americans are being asked to sacrifice so that a few can get
      butter while the masses get guns.

      Presidents from George Washington to Dwight Eisenhower have warned us
      against state militarism and weapons manufacturers.

      "Our interest, guided by justice" is what George Washington said.

      When John Kennedy was confronted with the Cuban Missile Crisis and
      the men in his Pentagon who wanted to launch a pre-emptive strike
      against Cuba, Bobby Kennedy called the proposition a Pearl Harbor in
      reverse, saying, "For 175 years, we have not been that kind of
      country."

      John F. Kennedy avoided that war and instead, set about to make the
      world safe for diversity. JFK rejected Pax Americana.

      The brother who advised him against that war was also cut down while
      campaigning for the Presidency; we later learned that Bobby was
      considering Martin Luther King, Jr. to be his running mate.

      Imagine the America we might have today with real men of peace at our
      helm.

      Instead we are confronted with an Administration that arrived at the
      White House by *not* counting our votes, and that projects 60
      countries as possible targets for war.

      This Administration proposes to increase defense spending, develop
      usable nuclear weapons, increase military personnel without a fair
      draft, and control space and cyberspace. Some have even suggested
      that genotype specific biowarfare could become a politically useful
      tool.

      Instead of pursuing the peace agenda of the Clinton Administration,
      this Administration has managed to transform us from a country that
      pursued peace in Kashmir, the Middle East, Northern Ireland, and
      North Korea to one that has become a power ranger on patrol in
      countries all over the planet.

      Our former CIA Director, James Woolsey, says we're now engaged in
      World War IV.

      And that's why we're here today.

      What sense does it make for America to win any war when it's lost its
      soul?

      Two more black people are being mourned in New York City this weekend.
      Victims of the New York City Police Department. One a grandmotherly
      woman, the other an unarmed black man.

      We need new leadership.

      This Administration put our armed forces in harm's way while citing
      faulty evidence. Before the war, Vice President Cheney announced that
      Iraq had weapons of mass destruction. Ari Fleischer told us "We know
      for a fact that there are weapons there." Just a few weeks ago,
      Colin Powell told us, "I'm absolutely sure that there are weapons of
      mass destruction there and the evidence will be forthcoming."

      Then, the backtracking began.

      Condoleeza Rice announced that US officials never expected to "open
      garages and find" weapons of mass destruction. Then four days ago,
      Donald Rumsfeld told the Council on Foreign Relations, "They may have
      had time to destroy them, and I don't know the answer." Three days
      ago, Paul Wolfowitz, in a Vanity Fair interview, said that the
      Administration settled on weapons of mass destruction as a
      justification for invading Iraq because it was the one reason
      everyone could agree on. Then just yesterday Lieutenant General James
      Conway said he's surprised about the weapons. He said, "We've been
      to virtually every ammunition supply point between the Kuwaiti border
      and Baghdad, but they're simply not there."

      We care about health care, education, America's children,
      employment, transportation, veterans, the glass ceiling, affirmative
      action, urban sprawl, air quality, race relations, drug abuse,
      poverty, social justice, death penalty, US standing in the world.
      War. Peace.

      A new breed of leader has invaded Washington DC. And they don't give
      a darn about the things we care about.

      If this Administration has its way, we won't know *any* of George
      Bush's secrets. The White House will be able to shut down information
      to all of us just as easily as it shut down this year's Easter Egg
      hunt.

      But we must remember, it wasn't always this way. There was a
      brighter time for America. When we were respected around the world
      and our leaders truly cared about each and every one of us.

      Bobby Kennedy just happened to be with black America at the time of
      the announcement of Dr. King's death. At that moment, unscripted and
      unrehearsed, Bobby said:

      "What we need in the United States is not division; what we need in
      the United States is not hatred; what we need in the United States is
      not violence or lawlessness; but love and wisdom, and compassion
      toward one another, and a feeling of justice toward those who still
      suffer within our country, whether they be white or they be
      black. . . . We can do well in this country. We will
      have difficult times; we've had difficult times in the past; we will
      have difficult times in the future. It is not the end of violence;
      it is not the end of lawlessness; it is not the end of
      disorder. . . . But the vast majority of white people and the vast
      majority of black people in this country want to live together, want
      to improve the quality of life, and want justice for all human
      beings who abide in our land. Let us dedicate ourselves to what the
      Greeks wrote so many years ago: to tame the savageness of man and
      make gentle the life of this world."

      In the end, we can lament together the state of our beloved America,
      or we can put our bodies on the gears and wheels and levers of the
      machinery that runs what this country is becoming and we can stop it.
      We can stop the machine.

      Let's stop this machine together and make gentle the life of this
      world.

      Thank you.

      Yahoo ads are not under WVNS control.