US "Suicides" Iraqi Bombers

    Message 1 of 1 , May 5, 2006
      Covert American killing of Iraqi civilians
      Imad Khadduri
      May 1, 2006
      abutamam.blogspot.com/2006/05/covert-american-killing-of-iraqi.html

      By Robert Fisk:
      "The Americans, my interlocutor suspected [a man I have known for 15
      years - we shall call him a "security source"], are trying to
      provoke an Iraqi civil war so that Sunni Muslim insurgents spend
      their energies killing their Shia co-religionists rather than
      soldiers of the Western occupation forces. "I swear to you that we
      have very good information," my source says, finger stabbing the air
      in front of him.

      "One young Iraqi man told us that he was trained by the Americans as
      a policeman in Baghdad and he spent 70 per cent of his time learning
      to drive and 30 per cent in weapons training. They said to
      him: 'Come back in a week.' When he went back, they gave him a
      mobile phone and told him to drive into a crowded area near a mosque
      and phone them. He waited in the car but couldn't get the right
      mobile signal. So he got out of the car to where he received a
      better signal. Then his car blew up." (emphasis added)

      Impossible, I think to myself. But then I remember how many times
      Iraqis in Baghdad have told me similar stories. These reports are
      believed even if they seem unbelievable. And I know where much of
      the Syrian information is gleaned: from the tens of thousands of
      Shia Muslim pilgrims who come to pray at the Sayda Zeinab mosque
      outside Damascus. These men and women come from the slums of
      Baghdad, Hillah and Iskandariyah as well as the cities of Najaf and
      Basra. Sunnis from Fallujah and Ramadi also visit Damascus to see
      friends and relatives and talk freely of American tactics in Iraq.
      "There was another man, trained by the Americans for the police. He
      too was given a mobile and told to drive to an area where there was
      a crowd - maybe a protest - and to call them and tell them what was
      happening. Again, his new mobile was not working. So he went to a
      landline phone and called the Americans and told them: 'Here I am,
      in the place you sent me and I can tell you what's happening here.'
      And at that moment there was a big explosion in his car." (emphasis
      added)

      Just who these "Americans" might be, my source did not say. In the
      anarchic and panic-stricken world of Iraq, there are many US groups -
      including countless outfits supposedly working for the American
      military and the new Western-backed Iraqi Interior Ministry - who
      operate outside any laws or rules. No one can account for the murder
      of 191 university teachers and professors since the 2003 invasion -
      nor the fact that more than 50 former Iraqi fighter-bomber pilots
      who attacked Iran in the 1980-88 Iran-Iraq war have been
      assassinated in their home towns in Iraq in the past three years."

      "Battle lines in the civil war are hardening, as exemplified by the
      unprecedented house-to-house street fighting last week in the north
      Baghdad neighborhood of Adhamiya. There, in a mostly Sunni part of
      town, local neighborhood militia fought pitched battles with Iraqi
      government forces, led by the notorious Shiite-dominated police. It
      was the first recorded battle in which an entire Baghdad Sunni
      enclave fought against government troops and against U.S. forces."

      A Paper Lid On Iraq's Volcano April 24, 2006
      .
      Poster : "Iranian affiliated Interior Ministry police are forbidden
      to enter Adhamiya"