NEW JEANS FOR MUSLIMS

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 7, 2006
      ITALIAN FIRM DESIGNS AND MAKES JEANS FOR MUSLIMS
      Associated Press
      March 22, 2006
      http://www.alqudsjeans.com/inglese/catalogo.html

      ROME -- They aare high around the waist, wide around the leg and have
      lots of pockets for holding watches, bracelets, glasses and other
      knickknacks. A new line of jeans designed by a small company in
      northern Italy caters to Muslims seeking to stay comfortable while
      they pray. "As far as we know we're the first, at least in Italy,"
      said Luca Corradi, who designed Al Quds jeans.

      Corradi said the jeans are manufactured at a plant near Karachi that
      employs about 15,000 people. Explaining the selection of Karachi, he
      said: "I wanted to respect (the fact) that if these are the first
      jeans for Islam, they should be built by Muslim hands."

      The bagginess is to ensure the wearer avoids stiffness while bending
      down repeatedly during prayers.

      The pockets are for holding all the accessories Muslims have to take
      off while they worship. And the jeans have green seams --because green
      is the sacred colour of Islam.

      Al Quds representatives said a year of research and testing went into
      the product, with models being asked to try different versions of the
      jeans while they prayed.

      http://www.alqudsjeans.com/inglese/catalogo.html