Iraq: Human Shields Alive

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 3, 2003
      Dear Friends,

      Lat night we received word that 13 members of our team in Baghdad
      would be leaving Iraq. We woke up this morning to CNN reports that a
      convoy of as many as 20 'human shields' leaving Iraq for Jordan were
      attacked by US missiles. This brief note is to let you all know that
      the reports are false. The story was first reported by Iraqi State
      radio and picked up by the BBC. At the height of panic, a call came
      in from the Jordan border: our team was safe and headed for Amman.

      We have received many calls from people concerned for our team. We
      are glad we can deliver good news. There is not a lot of that to go
      around these days.

      More later,

      Jeff Guntzel, for Voices in the Wilderness

      Yahoo ads are not under WVNS control.