Viva "Las Dixie Chicks"

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 18, 2003
      <>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>
      <> LA VOZ DE AZTLAN NEWS BULLETIN <>
      <>.<>.<> Los Angeles, Alta California <>.<>.<>

      March 14, 2003

      Viva "Las Dixie Chicks"

      Not all Budwiser guzzling, country singing, red-neck
      girls are the same! A case in point are the Texas
      grown Grammy-winning trio, the Dixie Chicks. On
      Monday at a London concert the lead singer Natalie
      Maines yelled out to the audience, "Just so you know,
      we're ashamed the President of the United States is
      from Texas."

      Later the Texas country singers explained, "The
      anti-American sentiment that has unfolded here is
      astounding. While we support our troops, there is
      nothing more frightening than the notion of going to
      war with Iraq and the prospect of all the innocent
      lives that will be lost." Natalie Maines said, "I
      feel the President is ignoring the opinions of many
      in the U.S. and alienating the rest of the world. My
      comments were made in frustration and one of the
      privileges of being an American is you are free to
      voice your own point of view."

      Many American tourists in Europe are returning back
      to the states in total shock because of the degree
      of anti-Americanism they experienced while traveling
      abroad. The Dixie Chicks will be performing in
      another live concert in Munich, Germany on March 19th.

      La Voz de Aztlan
      http://www.aztlan.net

      Yahoo ads are not under WVNS control.