Incinerating Iraqis: The Napalm Cover-Up

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 7 12:27 PM
      Incinerating Iraqis: The Napalm Cover-Up
      by Mike Whitney
      June 27, 2005
      http://www.livejournal.com/users/mparent7777/471885.html

      You smell that? Do you smell that? Napalm, son. Nothing else in the
      world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You
      know, one time we had a hill bombed, for twelve hours. When it was all
      over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink
      body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled
      like... victory.

      -- Robert Duvall, "Apocalypse Now" (1979)

      Two weeks ago the UK Independent ran an article that confirmed the US
      had "lied to Britain over the use of napalm in Iraq." (6-17-05) Since
      then, not one American newspaper or TV station has picked up the story
      even though the Pentagon has verified the claims. This is the extent
      to which the American "free press" is yoked to the center of power in
      Washington. As we've seen with the treatment of the Downing Street
      Memo, (which was reluctantly reported five weeks after it appeared in
      the British press) the air-tight American media ignores any story that
      doesn't embrace their collective support for the war. The prospect
      that the US military is using "universally reviled" weapons runs
      counter to the media-generated narrative that the war was motivated by
      humanitarian concerns (to topple a brutal dictator) as well as to
      eliminate the elusive WMDs. We can now say with certainty that the
      only WMDs in Iraq were those that were introduced by foreign invaders
      from the US who used them to
      incinerate the indigenous people who dared to resist.

      "Despite persistent rumors of injuries among Iraqis consistent with
      the use of incendiary weapons such as napalm," the Pentagon insisted
      that "US forces had not used a new generation of incendiary weapons,
      codenamed MK77, in Iraq." (UK Independent)

      The Pentagon lied.

      Continued:

      http://www.livejournal.com/users/mparent7777/471885.html