British soldiers begging for food in Kuwait

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 10, 2003
      British soldiers begging for food in Kuwait

      A BBC report today said that British soldiers as well
      as their families have complained to the Blair
      government that there is not enough food and other
      essential supplies in Kuwait as preparations to attack
      Iraq are being made. British soldiers are having to
      "borrow" essential necessities from US soldiers.

      A Royal Marine commando sent an email to his family
      saying that food supplies were desperately short and
      that weapons and other key equipment are lacking. The
      Royal Marine wrote in his e-mail, "We are scrounging
      everything from the Americans. As it stands, people
      here will die." Other British soldiers in Kuwait said
      that they have had to buy their own boots.

      The Blair government has denied the soldiers
      allegations but the BBC said it had received more than
      50 examples from families, only minutes after
      broadcasting an item on the subject.

      One soldier's family said. "The American troops refer
      to our troops as the Flintstones - how shameful is
      that, Mr Blair?" Another family said: "My daughter
      tells me she has rice three times a day. The Americans
      call them "The Borrowers". She says they (the
      Americans) have burger bars, Pizza Huts and shops. We
      have nothing."

      La Voz de Aztlan
      http://www.aztlan.net

      Yahoo ads are not under WVNS control.