Bangladeshi Family's Land Saved

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 24, 2005
      A Letter of Thanks from Dr. Habib Siddiqui
      Habib Siddiqui
      saeva @ aol.com

      Dear brothers and sisters,

      All praise and glory is due to Allah - the Lord, Whose Worth cannot be
      described even by the greatest rhetoricians of all times; Whose
      Blessings and Bounties cannot be enumerated by reckoners and
      enumerators of all ages, and homage due to Him cannot be adequately
      paid even by the most assiduous and persevering attempters.

      Assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu. I have some good news
      to share with you all. Last week, police helped us to evict the goons
      that have been illegally occupying my parental properties at Khulshi,
      Chittagong, Bangladesh. They even arrested one miscreant, and are on
      the look-out for others that were responsible for demolishing 4
      houses, evicting 15 families, and cutting thousands of valuable trees
      in our territory, let alone other forms of terrorizing that they
      committed since April 9.

      So, we got back possession to our properties. Alhamdulillah.
      As I quoted from Ali (R) above, no words of mine will ever be
      sufficient to praise and thank Allah Subhana wa Ta'ala for His
      intervention on this matter. It was also you, acting as His agents,
      that started a campaign around the world, demanding that the
      Bangladesh government right the wrong. Your prayers and pleas have
      worked. An honest (deputy) Police Commissioner by the name of
      Abdullahel Baki, who had previously served in the UN Peace-keeping
      missions in several countries, investigated our case and recommended
      to his higher authorities for taking immediate actions to relieve our
      pains and sufferings. After a week of that report, the Chittagong
      Metropolitan Police, under the leadership of two able and honest
      officers - Abdul Majed (Police Commissioner) and Mohammad Moniruzzaman
      (Additional Police Commissioner) - raided our compound and secured our
      ownership from the hands of the land-grabbing thugs. These honest
      police officers were not petrified by the powerful politician who had
      earlier asked them that they don't poke their noses into his illegal
      activities around dispossessing us. Instead, they feared Allah and did
      what was right and moral.

      Our family is also indebted to many brave journalists in
      Bangladesh - the likes of Shumi Khan, Ahsanul Hoq Bulbul, Tariq
      Hassan, and others - who covered our news and made it a national
      issue. Our thanks are to the reporters and cameramen in the Saptahik
      (Weekly) 2000, Janakantha, Weekly Holiday, Prothom Alo, Dainik (Daily)
      Purbokone and other newspapers and magazines for their invaluable service.

      It is definitely one of the finest moments in the lives of our
      family, and definitely for you all - who had also suffered like a
      limb in the same body when attacked by a deadly disease. Your prayers,
      your letters, faxes and calls proved once again that there is wisdom
      behind collective action and can work miracles even in, otherwise,
      very unfriendly terrains. Thanks to you all. May Allah reward you
      immensely for a being brother and sister to our family in our troubled
      times.

      Was-salam,
      Habib Siddiqui
      saeva @ aol.com
      _____________________________________

      A note from Karima:

      Assalaamu `Alaykum wa Rahmatullaahi wa Barakaatuhu

      Dear Brothers and Sisters,

      I would like to personally thank you for your adiyah (du'aas) and
      tremendous efforts in sending out the thousands of petition letters,
      as Brother Habib wrote: "to create a stir worldwide, flooding
      embassies and Prime Minister's office with all those petitions." What
      a great job all of you did as you can see by the wonderful and happy
      results for Brother Habib and his family - Alhamdulillaah.

      Allaah Almighty says (interpretation of the meaning): "The believers
      are nothing else than brothers (in Islamic religion)." (al-Hujuraat 49:10)
      And He describes them (interpretation of the meaning): ".severe
      against disbelievers, and merciful among themselves." (al-Fath 48:29)

      The level of one's support will be affected by the level of one's
      faith. The weaker a person's faith, the weaker his support will be;
      the stronger the faith, the stronger the support. Our Prophet, Sall
      Allaahu `alayhi wa sallam was the greatest of all people in his
      support for his companions, so the more closely his followers follow
      him, the greater will be their support for their fellow-believers.

      Narrated `Abdullah bin Umar (radiallaha anhu): The Prophet, Sall
      Allaahu `alayhi wa sallam said: "The relationship of the believer
      towards the people of faith is like that of the head to the body. The
      believer feels the pain of the people of faith just as the body feels
      the pain of the head." (Narrated by Imaam Ahmad).

      The Messenger of Allaah, Sall Allaahu `alayhi wa sallam also told us
      that: "A Muslim is a brother of another Muslim, so he should not
      oppress him, nor should he hand him over to an oppressor. Whoever
      fulfilled the needs of his brother, Allaah will fulfill his needs;
      whoever brought his (Muslim) brother out of a discomfort, Allah will
      bring him out of the discomforts of the Day of Resurrection, and
      whoever screened a Muslim, Allah will screen him on the Day of
      Resurrection." (Saheeh Bukhaaree Volume 3, Book 43, Number 622)

      All of you upheld the amanaat which Allaah Subhaanahu wa Ta'aala
      entrusted you vis-à-vis support for your brother, Habib et al and
      adhered to the teachings of His Messenger, Sall Allaahu `alayhi wa
      sallam; you prayed and put your trust in Allaah Almighty's Justice,
      knowing He Ta'aala will respond in His own ways and in the best way.
      Having read Brother Habib's letter, you and I can see that Allaah
      Almighty, most Merciful, most Compassionate, most Just, responded
      speedily and in the most beautiful way - Alhamdulillaah!

      Last but not least, much appreciation to all the moderators who posted
      the Siddiqui petition to their members. A big thank you for your
      valued co-operation!

      May Allaah Subhaanhu wa Ta'aala bless and reward all of you for your
      collective support. I pray that all of us will always stay strong,
      protective and caring with firm resolve towards each other, fee
      sabeelillaah and lihubbillaah. Aameen.

      "Verily this Ummah of yours is one single ummah, and I am your Lord
      and Cherisher, therefore serve Me" (Al Anbiya 21.92).

      Fee Amaanillaah,
      Your sister,
      K a r i m a
      ___________________________________

      See related news articles:
      Part 1:
      http://www.bangladesh-web.com/news/view.php?hidDate=2005-05-19&hidType=OPT&hidRecord=0000000000000000045193
      Part 2:
      http://www.bangladesh-web.com/view.php?hidDate=2005-05-25&hidType=OPT&hidRecord=0000000000000000046041
      Part 3:
      http://www.bangladesh-web.com/view.php?hidDate=2005-06-01&hidType=OPT&hidRecord=0000000000000000046927
      Part 4:
      http://www.bangladesh-web.com/view.php?hidDate=2005-06-08&hidType=OPT&hidRecord=0000000000000000047678
      Part 5:
      http://www.bangladesh-web.com/view.php?hidDate=2005-06-14&hidType=OPT&hidRecord=0000000000000000048597

      Land-grabbing menace:
      http://bangladesh-web.com/news/view.php?hidDate=2005-05-15&hidType=OPT
      Readers' Opinion:
      http://bangladesh-web.com/view.php?hidDate=2005-05-19&hidType=OPT&hidRecord=0000000000000000045328
      Original post "Action: Land-grabbing menace":