AIPAC to replace U.S. congress (humor)

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2005
      AIPAC has been given the go ahead to replace the U.S. congress
      May 27, 2005
      APee News
      http://bellaciao.org/en/article.php3?id_article=6199

      AIPAC has been given the go ahead to replace the U.S. congress in
      order to make the government run more efficiently-- for the State of
      Israel, lawmakers agreed. Senate majority leader Tom Delay announced
      the plan, "We think this will be the best way to funnel US tax dollars
      to Israel without getting bogged down in pesky debates in congress
      over who gets what: they get it all!". Passage of the amendment had
      few detractors, except for the lone voices of a Ron Paul or a Cynthia
      McKinney who said, "I can't sincerely believe that the American people
      would prefer having their government run by a foreign spy agency, I
      will gather the support of my constituency to stop this." As for the
      President of the United States, George W. Bush, he had no comment and
      had to pick up his wife from the airport where she had just returned
      from a trip to the Wailing Wall to show her support for the Jewish
      state, despite the fact that she is not Jewish. "A magmanimous gesture
      indeed", remarked an Israeli official.

      Congresspersons who will be replaced by AIPAC members plan to seek
      work in the private sector, many suggested they would find work in the
      Israeli defense industry, helping to funnel US tax dollars to fund
      Israeli high tech weapons research that could be sold at profitable
      margins to China. From the radical Left, the dissident intellectual
      and professor Noam Chomsky commented, "Of course some people will
      blame the Jews for taking over the government, but this is completely
      irrelevant as to the systemic inquiry into real power and who yields
      it. As any serious person understands."

      AIPAC is planning to ban the US constitution and replace it with the
      Talmud, this may stir some debate in remote quarters but proponents
      are confident that the new AIPAC congress will be able to get enough
      votes for the new measure. ***

      some actual details of the AIPAC agenda from Forward May 26, 2005
      http://www.forward.com/main/printer-friendly.php?id=3230 "During
      meetings with 99 senators and 350 House members on Capitol Hill, Aipac
      delegates urged lawmakers to support the Iran Freedom Support Act,
      which would tighten American sanctions imposed on foreign companies
      that do business in Iran. More than 200 members of the House, nearly
      half the body, have already signed on as co-sponsors of the bill.
      "Aipac delegates also worked to generate support for the additional
      financial aid that Israel is expected to request shortly to develop
      its northern and southern periphery. Jerusalem could end up requesting
      as much as $1.6 billion for the development of the Galilee and the
      Negev, according to Israeli officials. "This year's conference slogan,
      "Israel, an American value," was accompanied by a logo that shows an
      American flag framed by a six-pointed star.... "To me the most
      significant and telling moment of this conference was when the 'Star
      Spangled Banner' was not followed by 'Hatikva,'" said Harvey Gilbert,
      a delegate from Lodi, Calif."

      http://bellaciao.org/en/article.php3?id_article=6199