Al-Zarqawi’s Laptop

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2005
      Abu Musab al-Zarqawi's Laptop
      Kurt Nimmo, Another Day in the Empire
      May 06, 2005
      kurtnimmo.com/blog/index.php?p=653

      It looks like Abu Musab al-Zarqawi will be retired, the same way Osama
      bin Laden was. Arab boogeyman have a shelf life and it appears
      al-Zarqawi is approaching his expiration date, as bin Laden did after
      the battle of Tora Bora. Or so we are told. Actually, Osama bin Laden
      died in mid-December, 2001, after escaping Tora Bora (
      http://edition.cnn.com/2005/US/03/24/pentagon.binladen/ - it is also
      possible he was not there). Three months after Osama's demise, Bush
      said, "I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really
      don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority… I am truly
      not that concerned about him."

      Now one of America's largest and most consistent disseminators of
      Bushcon lies and Bushzarro false reality, the Washington Post, tells
      us the "U.S. military is examining reports that insurgent leader Abu
      Musab Zarqawi was present last week at a hospital in Anbar province
      and the possibility that he may be ill or wounded," even though it is
      less than certain al-Zarqawi is in Iraq, let alone "al-Qaeda's leader"
      there, and information about him is sketchy at best, verging on myth.
      As usual, with all things al-Zarqawi, "U.S. officials gave no details
      as to why they believe Zarqawi may be sick or injured." Instead, the
      information about al-Zarqawi's health is supposedly gleaned from a
      laptop computer abandoned in a car at an American checkpoint in Iraq.
      "When his car was pulled over at a checkpoint outside Ramadi, Zarqawi
      fled on foot, leaving behind the laptop, photos of himself and
      contacts, officials said. This Abu Musab al-Zarqawi is slippery and
      elusive—even though we are told he is of sub-par intelligence—able to
      elude the most powerful military in the world with relative ease,
      although this time he conveniently left behind his laptop computer,
      chock full of data to embellish the al-Zarqawi myth.

      Meanwhile, Iranians with smaller cerebral cortexes than al-Zarqawi
      allowed themselves to be apprehended in the eastern Iraqi province of
      Diyala early last month. "Sources said that the 30 agents were
      mercenaries of the elite Qods (Jerusalem) Force branch of Iran's
      Revolutionary Guards Corps," reports Iran Focus. "In one incident six
      individuals, of which five were Iranian and the other was an Iraqi,
      were apprehended by the Iraqi National Guard at a checkpoint near
      Maqdadiya in Iraq's Diyala province.
      Those arrested were carrying light arms and RPG rockets, which they
      intended to use in operations in Diyala," according to a source quoted
      by Iran Focus. No commentary is provided on the obvious stupidity of
      Iranian mercenaries thinking they would be able to get through a
      checkpoint in Iraq "carrying light arms and RPG rockets."

      At any rate, with all things al-Zarqawi, murkiness rules. "It was not
      clear whether suspicions about his health were linked to the seizure
      of the computer or grew directly out of Zarqawi's reported presence
      last week at a hospital in Ramadi, the capital of restive Anbar
      province. Zarqawi's group asserted in a written statement posted at
      two mosques, one of them in Ramadi, that the Jordanian-born militant
      was at the hospital last Thursday during a raid by U.S. forces but
      that the Americans missed him," writes the Post.

      In other words, not only is the phantom al-Zarqawi a slippery eel, he
      is also a dare devil, checking himself into the hospital, even though
      hospitals in Ramadi have experienced raids by occupation soldiers,
      "destroying [a pediatric hospital's] doors and detaining members of
      staff… [and] storm[ing] an operating theatre where a doctor was
      carrying out caesarean surgery," as al-Jazeera reported a few weeks
      ago ( http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/12E0AF10-A62F-4FB9-AB
      64-A6FA44131300.htm ).

      Moreover, in December of last year, the U.S. military accused the
      resistance of using "the hospital in the volatile city of Ramadi to
      ambush U.S. soldiers… firing rocket-propelled grenades and small arms
      fire at troops…. Insurgents hid inside the Ramadi General Hospital and
      Medical College and in nearby areas waiting for the soldiers to move
      into their ambush zone," according to the Associated Press (
      http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/1204/193666.html ).
      Such facts beg the question: is al-Zarqawi, a sort of Emmanuel
      Goldstein figure in the war against terrorism (and the people of Iraq)
      with a $25 million bounty on his head (
      http://newsmax.com/archives/articles/2004/6/30/230942.shtml ),
      sincerely stupid, visiting hospitals suspected of harboring resistance
      fighters (and raided by U.S. troops) and carelessly leaving behind a
      laptop computer containing all of sort of incriminating information?

      If we are to believe the corporate media, "Zarqawi's al Qaeda in Iraq
      group" taunted the Pentagon after they were unable to apprehend Abu,
      who is now considered a "sheik," a term usually reserved for religious
      and tribal or village leaders. "Americans searched all the rooms [in
      the hospital] down to the air-conditioning ducts but `were not able to
      find Sheik Abu Musab Zarqawi, even though he was inside the
      hospital,'" the Post reports. Obviously, not only is al-Zarqawi a
      slippery eel, he also has the ability to make himself invisible, sort
      of like a character in a Ralph Ellison novel.

      Lately, as the propaganda war escalates, the corporate media
      apparently wants us to believe al-Zarqawi is an Elvis-like figure,
      spotted all over the Anbar province, a district comprising "tens of
      thousands of square miles" and "largely guarded by a scaled-back
      American force, with few Iraqi troops stationed outside Ramadi.
      Wide-open spaces and a generally porous border with Syria give
      militants room to roam and hide." In other words, according to the
      folks who sold us the invasion and occupation of Iraq, the mythical
      al-Zarqawi is free to move around, even though any number of Iraqis
      could drop a dime on him (and collect $25 million), and he even
      crosses the border into Syria with ease, a prime target on Bush's list
      of nations to be invaded (and that is why Abu is reported crossing
      back and forth, to build yet another fiction, comparable to Saddam's
      bedtime story relationship with Osama).

      Every few months, we are told the U.S. is this close to capturing the
      boogeyman Abu Musab al-Zarqawi. Naturally, he escapes every time, as
      does the ghost of Osama. Instead, we are treated to the "capture" of
      Abu Farj al-Libbi, "the al-Qaeda third in command" and a "holy
      warrior," as the Times Online (
      http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,3-1599632,00.html ) calls the
      hapless Libyan, apparently captured at a farmhouse in the wild-west
      Waziristan region of Pakistan. It would appear Mr. al-Libbi has even
      less sense than the "elite" Qods "mercenaries" captured in Diyala last
      month because his downfall, according to the Times, came after he used
      his cell phone. "A military intelligence agent said Pakistani
      authorities received a tip-off after US agents intercepted a mobile
      phone call made by al-Libbi. They zeroed in on his suspected location
      and plainclothes agents, some disguised in burkas, hung around waiting
      for him to arrive."

      Considering how careless and stupid these terrorists are, I am not
      worried about dirty bombs and a repeat of nine eleven, a highly
      organized event we are expected to believe was hatched from a cave in
      Afghanistan. In order to keep our eye on the bouncing ball of
      terrorism, the Bushcons orchestrate these little events (occasionally
      with the help of the self-appointed military dictator, Pervez
      Musharraf, in Pakistan) and try to scare us with campfire stories
      about terrorists who "hate our freedom" and want to kill our kids and
      force us to kneel and face al-Masjid-al-Haraam (Mecca) at the point of
      an AK-47.

      It is all nonsense, albeit profitable nonsense for the death merchants
      (Lockheed Martin, Boeing, General Dynamics, Raytheon, etc.), those
      invested in the "Homeland Security" industry, and of course it works
      fantastically for the Israelis who stand to rule over a splintered
      (after concerted bombing operations and invasions by the United
      States) Middle East, a long-held stratagem of the Zionist state and
      one they have worked toward for decades, as outlined in detail by Oded
      Yinon in the early 1980s (
      http://www.geocities.com/alabasters_archive/zionist_plan.htm
      l ).
      It should be noted, as well, that the Israelis excel at creating Arab
      boogeymen (for instance, Abu Nidal:
      http://judicial-inc.biz/abu_nidal.htm ) and apparently this trick was
      learned by the Americans, who expect us to believe that dead
      terrorists (al-Zarqawi was killed in the Sulaimaniyah mountains of
      northern Iraq years ago:
      http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4446084/) are on the move, checking into
      hospitals, rubbing elbows with conniving Syrians, and evading the
      United States with its high-tech arsenal of satellites and drones.

      Lately, reading the Washington Post is sort of like picking up Grimm's
      Fairy Tales, with about as much basis in reality.

      Note: The cited "Iran Focus" web-site has nothing to do with the
      homonymous magazine

      kurtnimmo.com/blog/index.php?p=653