Sam Hamod: Are we so dumb?

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 6, 2005
      33 Things You Should Know About the Middle East and America:

      How can America ask for a "nuclear free Middle East" and still allow
      Israel to
      keep its atomic and hydrogen bombs? Does this make sense to you? Are
      we so dumb?

      33 Things You Should Know About the Middle East and America
      Sam Hamod, Ph.D.

      03/04/05 "Information Clearing House" - - Some Thoughts on the
      Middle East and America: 33 Things You Should Think About

      What right has President Bush or Conde Rice to dictate to the
      Lebanese Government?

      Why is it that the "demonstrators" in Beirut, Lebanon, had all their
      signs in English?

      Have you considered that they were playing to the American TV
      audience? In fact, the "big crowds" the American media spoke about
      were less than 3000 people, but the cameras shot the crowed for
      maximum effect.

      Did you realize that according to the VA, 1 in 6 troops coming back
      from Iraq need mental help from what they've seen and felt in Iraq?

      Did these few thousand Falangists speak for all of Lebanon, or are
      they "for hire" street people mixed with some students who made up
      the "demonstrations?"

      Who forced Karami to resign as PM? How much influence did America
      have in this situation and what business was it of Bush's?

      Did you realize the Falangists took their name from Franco's
      Falangist/Fascists? The Gemeyal family, head of the falangists, had
      close ties to the dictator, Franco.

      Did you realize that the suicide rate among our American troops in
      Iraq is now up 29% in the last two months? Health professionals in
      the continental US are alarmed, but the Pentagon refuses to take
      responsibility for these deaths.

      Why is America so anxious to get Syria out of Lebanon? Is it so that
      both Lebanon and Syria will be vulnerable to one front attacks by

      Have any of you considered that the oil pipeline the Israelis want
      opened between Baghdad and Israel runs through Syria and Lebanon? It

      Why is America constantly doing the bidding of Israel—are we Israel?
      Why did America not stop aid to Israel when they found out that
      Israel was selling high tech American secrets to China? Why has
      America not stopped this by now? What has Israel done for America
      lately, other than selling its military secrets to the highest non-
      American bidder?

      Are you aware that more of our military in Iraq have come home with
      stress disorders than any time in American history—even
      outdistancing the Viet Nam war? This according to therapists at Camp

      Have any of you considered that Israel wants the oil, but also wants
      the water, electricity and hashish that is grown in the southern
      part of Lebanon?

      Suppose Syria told us to get our troops out of Iraq, their neighbor—
      would we listen?

      Who gave America permission to invade Iraq? Certainly not the UN,
      though Bush keeps claiming the UN gave him authority. If this
      continues, then we will have a dog eat dog world, with the UN losing
      all authority and only the strong will survive—and that means that
      in the near future China will overrun America or its power in the
      world or both.

      Why should more Americans and Iraqis get killed, or get traumatized
      for life by Bush's illegal and immoral war in Iraq?

      Why is it that Bush, an AWOL chicken-hawk can sends so many of our
      troops to their death in Iraq, with no progress in sight. Even
      General Abizaid admitted last night, on the Newshour on PBS that the
      resistance in Iraq will go on for years, with no predictable end in
      sight? Would you like to go serve in Iraq? Would you like one of
      your loved ones to go serve in Iraq or Afghanistan?

      Has Bush or the American troops brought more peace or more suffering
      to Iraq?

      Is America bringing more stability to Lebanon, or is he, in league
      with the Falangists making more civil unrest, and possibly civil
      war, in Lebanon? You can see it coming, can't you—just admit it.
      Most likely, if this continues, it will lead to civil war because
      the Muslims in Lebanon will not tolerate the Falangists taking over
      the government by "demonstrations."

      Why doesn't Bush send his daughters as volunteers to Iraq, Rumsfeld
      his kids, Cheney his children, Wolfowitz his, and let's see how long
      this "democratizing " of Iraq will continue.

      Are you aware most Lebanese hate the Falangists because they allied
      themselves with Israel, and gave intelligence to Israel, in its
      1980s invasion of Lebanon, wherein most of Beirut was destroyed,
      thousands killed and the country made into a basket case. The
      Falangists also are the ones who committed the atrocities at the
      Sabra and Shatilla Refugee Camps wherein women, children and old men
      were slaughtered as the Israeli army stood guard to stop anyone from
      interfering with the massacres. Check it out in your history books
      if you don't believe it, or check UN records—it's all there.

      Do you realize that for the OPEC nations that denominate their oil
      sales and receipts in dollars, that what was a $32.00 dollar barrel
      of oil before the dollar slid so much in the past 2 years is now
      equivalent to the $48-50 barrel of oil today. That is, to get the
      same $32 in value, OPEC nations must charge $48-50 dollars per
      barrel. That may help you understand why oil has gone up so high.
      Those that pay in Euros are laughing all the way to the bank and we
      are going broke, and shall go further into debt as more of the oil
      pipelines are blown up because of our Middle Eastern wars and
      interference in their domestic matters.

      Did you realize there are very few functioning hospitals, electric
      stations, water purification plants functioning in Iraq at this time
      than there were in 1917? Is this "progress"?

      What kind of "aid" is America giving to Iraq when they have
      destroyed 90% of Iraq's infrastructure and not rebuilt it? Where is
      that $9 billion dollars that disappeared under Paul Bremer?
      Shouldn't we hold him financially accountable or imprison him for
      graft and fraud?

      Did you realize the American government and the right wing neo-cons
      have shipped millions of dollars into Iraq to buy influence so that
      their favorite dictator, Allawi, has a chance to become Prime
      Minister? If he becomes PM, then he'll ask America to stay on, will
      honor the illegal contracts signed by Paul Bremer to give all of
      Iraq's resources to American companies and basically lengthen the
      civil strife and resistance to America in Iraq.

      Why is Conde Rice out dictating to the Palestinians to get
      their "terrorists" under control, when Israel has killed more than
      160 Palestinians, wounded hundreds more, and destroyed countless
      houses and business buildings since the "truce" of November 2004?
      By the way, Palestinian suicide people have killed less than 1 dozen
      Israelis during that time until last week's attack.

      Have you ever looked at the official UN records that show Israel has
      killed and attacked Palestinians, their homes, their infrastructure
      at a rate of 75 to 1?

      Where are these billions of dollars, nay, trillions, coming from to
      fight these "foreign wars" that Bush loves so much? We are paying
      the bills through our increasing taxes.
      Incidentally, the "defense contractors" like Halliburton, Brown &
      Root, are getting rich off our backs. Do you love it?

      Have you seen that Sharon, while allegedly "pulling of Gaza and the
      West Bank," has approved over 6000 new Israeli homes in the West
      Bank and the Palestinian area of Jerusalem? Check it out in Reuters,
      BBC, China News, India Daily—you won't find it on any American media
      sites or in the rags they call "newspapers" in our country.

      Did you know the IMF has put America on a "financial watch list"
      because of the weakness of the dollar? That means our economy is
      almost bankrupt—really.

      Do you realize that the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA)
      has reported that Israel has over 250 atomic and hydrogen bombs in
      its arsenal, plus all the latest American stealth and military
      technology? Why is it then that America is so keen on attacking Iran
      and Syria to protect "tiny little" Israel?

      What would you do if you had a city in America called "the city of
      churches" and it was bombed by Iraqis and most of them destroyed?
      That's what our troops did in Fallujah, destroyed most of the
      mosques in the "city of mosques." Do you think the Muslim Iraqis
      will love us for this?

      How can America ask for a "nuclear free Middle East" and still allow
      Israel to keep its atomic and hydrogen bombs? Does this make sense
      to you? Are we so dumb?

      Have you noticed that all the "news" from Iraq is from our military,
      from media embedded with our troops, or from Allawi and his gang or
      the Kurds, but never from the Shi'a, leading Sunnis or the anti-
      American civilians? Don't you think this is a bit slanted. As a
      former professor of mass media, I know it is slanted. Thus, we are
      being fed only propaganda by our media, ala George Orwell's , 1984,
      no real, honest "news,' just propaganda.

      These are just a few things you should consider when hearing about
      our "democratizing the Middle East"

      Dr. Hamod was the founding editor of 3rd World News in Wash, DC;
      Advisor to the State Department; Director of The Islamic Center of
      Wash, DC; professor at several major universities; edits,
      www.todaysalternativenews.com and appears on many websites,
      newspapers and ezines. Sam Hamod, shamod @ cox.net