Ernst Zundel, The Man

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 2005
      Ernst Zundel - The Man, His Deeds & His Writings

      Below is a message written by Dr. Robert Faurisson, Europe's premier
      Revisionist. I have seldom seen the essence of Ernst Zundel as
      closely captured as in this one. Be sure to post it far and wide -
      now that he is in prison, Ernst Zundel is getting more attention and
      respect in sheer numbers, thanks to the Internet, than he ever did
      in all his struggles since he declared war on the Holocaust hoax
      more than thirty years ago:

      By Robert Faurisson
      March 21, 2004

      For Ernst Zündel

      These lines are not addressed to those who already know Ernst
      Zündel - the man, his deeds and his writings - but to the Canadians
      who know only what the mass media, taken together, have chosen to
      report about him. It may be feared that those Canadians have been
      led to misjudge E. Zündel and, perhaps, hate him.

      To those people, who, in my view, are mistaken, I should say:
      examine with care the image of this man that most of the media in
      your country try to give you, whilst practically never letting you
      hear his voice. Use your discernment. To start, be on your guard
      against the repetitive, hollow and vague nature of the accusations
      brought against him. Do not let yourselves be taken in by the
      obsessive use of words like "Nazi" or "anti-Semite". These terms are
      used against him as easily and mechanically as stock insults. They
      are not born of any attempt at analysis. Quite the contrary: it is
      people who want to spare themselves just such an effort who resort
      to them. These words are employed to kill those to whom they are
      applied or, at the very least, to gag or send them to prison. Most
      often they are vituperations let fly to vent spleen. Uttering them
      is somewhat like spitting, and spitting has never been an argument.

      Ask yourselves whether E. Zündel, rather than the monster described
      for you, may not quite simply be a man attached to his country of
      origin, Germany, whose desire is to defend his homeland against
      horrific slanders.

      If you hear it said that he "denies the Holocaust of the Jews",
      reflect once again. Has he really asserted that, during the Second
      World War, the Jews did not suffer? The answer is "No". Has he
      actually maintained that Germany had no anti-Jewish policy then? The
      answer again is "No". Has he seriously claimed that Jews were not
      deported to concentration camps or labour camps? The answer is yet
      again "No". Has he advocated racial discrimination, or can there be
      found in his past any sign of racist behaviour towards those with
      whom he has had contact as, for instance, their employer? Still once
      more the answer is "No".

      But then, if I am right and if I take it upon myself to tell you
      that E. Zündel has never held the ideas falsely ascribed to him, how
      is it that the mass media, in unison, have hidden this fact from
      you? Ask yourselves. And try to find the answer.

      I shall briefly tell you what E. Zündel has thought and written in
      the past and what he continues to think today in the prison where,
      for over a year, he his being held like the most dangerous of

      Like me and a fair number of other revisionists, he challenges, on
      the strength of solid arguments, documents and forensic reports, the
      core of what the Jews call their "Holocaust" or "Shoah". Upon the
      conclusion of his research, he found that Adolf Hitler had indeed
      sought a final solution to the eternal Jewish question but, as is
      spelled out in plain writing in the relevant documents,
      a "territorial final solution". He also found that an extermination
      of the Jews had never been contemplated, much less undertaken, but
      rather, as had often happened in the history of certain countries, a
      transfer of the Jews out of Europe: the "territorial final solution
      was to have been the Jews' resettlement in an autonomous territory
      of their own outside of Europe, anywhere except Palestine. As for
      the rest of E. Zündel's findings I shall, the better to make myself
      understood, draw your attention to current events and the war in
      Iraq. You have heard that Saddam Hussein possessed "weapons of mass
      destruction". You know that such talk is a cold lie and that this
      lie made possible a military butchery, a crusade of Good against
      Evil. War has always been hand in glove with propaganda, in all
      times and places. Still, to take but this one example amongst
      thousands of others, in the recent century, during the 1930s and
      1940s, a frenzied propaganda was built up, especially in the great
      democracies of the West and the Soviet Union, against the Axis
      powers ("the axis of Evil", in a sense) and, especially, against
      Germany. The Allies thereby stirred their own soldiers to warlike
      ardour and, after the vast butchery, justified their own war and
      their own war crimes by heaping gruesome accusations on Germany. It
      was claimed, in particular, that Hitler had ordered the building of
      weapons of mass destruction and used those weapons to kill the Jews
      in a methodical manner and in industrial proportions. In fact, no
      trace of any such order has ever been found, nor any trace of the
      satanic weapons called "[execution] gas chambers" or "[execution]
      gas vans", and all the alleged "testimonies" of the existence and
      operation of such chemical slaughterhouses have shown themselves to
      be fraudulent. This is what so soundly struck E. Zündel. This is
      what he, ever since, has wanted to bring to the eyes of the world.
      It is this staggering discovery of colossal deceit that has led him
      to fight as he has done and as he will do till his dying breath. It
      is for this, and solely for this, that he is now being killed by

      We have all been told that the rarest of virtues is the courage to
      fight for what one believes is true: the maxim is taught in the
      schools and universities, in the works of great literature and in
      picture books. It is a virtue much admired in certain men and women
      of the past. But when, suddenly, the living example of such courage
      appears in present reality, too often people fail to recognise it.
      They neglect it, or are mistaken about it. Trusting in appearances,
      they lend a willing ear to the rumours circulating with regard to
      the extraordinary person and, one fine day, unawares, find
      themselves in the camp of the slanderers. Having believed they had a
      great love of justice, they show themselves ready to uphold Lynch
      law in the face of this nuisance to society and to the fashionable
      way of thinking.

      I may add that if you knew E. Zündel you would respect him for his
      open-mindedness, intelligence, understanding of the most various
      kinds of people, and sincerity. Then, upon discovering the true
      personality of Zündel the peasant, the artist, the thinker, you
      would very likely get the idea: "I was wrong about him. I've been
      fooled. In my thoughts and words, by my acts or omissions, I've
      condemned a man who, in reality, is a credit to his nation, to my
      own and to the whole human race". You would ask yourselves how to
      right the wrongs that have been done.

      I have the solution. Take your example from E. Zündel. If his ideas
      do not appeal to you, leave them to him but borrow a bit of his
      courage. Protest against the fate reserved for him up to today in
      a "high security" cell near Toronto and denounce the sham
      proceedings that an alleged justice system is conducting against

      In Canada, Paul Fromm organises, with the greatest selflessness, the
      defence of our prisoner of conscience. To join in the support of E.
      Zündel, start by helping Paul Fromm.

      I thank you.