Register for P10K Peace Force

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 4, 2004
      P10K peace force
      From: human@...

      As the atrocities in Palestine (Iraq & beyond) continue to mount,
      with our (western) taxes providing the vast majority of funding no
      less, I am as always deeply saddened and angry at what we in the
      west can do, and what we are doing. The potential and the reality
      are shameful and those who continue to be maimed and murdered by our
      nations are only reflections of our lack of will, not our lack of
      ability.

      I maintain wholeheartedly that Human Shields were the best chance
      Iraqi's had to avoid the seemingly inevitable mass murder and
      occupation. But instead we employed our tried and tested dissention
      through protest. Protest organisers managed the largest protest in
      the history of Britain (perhaps 2 million) and the single largest
      day of protest the world has ever seen (Feb. 15, 2003 – perhaps 15
      million). We hailed our "protest successes"… and than the invasion
      went ahead with hardly a glitch.

      And yet we continue to employ (largely exclusively) the protest
      strategy as if somehow the results will be different each new time
      we use it. Who are we kidding?

      This is a fact; roughly 100 Human Shields, strategically placed at
      six sites around Baghdad during the "Shock & Awe" bombing campaign,
      did indeed save untold lives. Dozens or maybe even hundreds were
      spared just by Human Shield presence. Not one site where Human
      Shields were deployed was bombed, despite similar sites throughout
      Iraq being destroyed (as they were in the first Gulf War in 1991).
      That is the power just a few of us hold.

      What if a few thousand Human Shields out of a total population of 879
      million in the west would have shown up pre-invasion? Would that
      have achieved more than 15 million people protesting around the
      world? You bet it would. We would most definitely have saved
      thousands of lives. And even if we still failed to stop the
      invasion we would have than become critical material witnesses who
      would have verified the crimes against humanity, mass murder and
      state sponsored terrorism that our nations are directly responsible
      for or complicit with. We would have exposed the murderous truth by
      transcending the "Prostitutes of Propaganda" in the corporate media;
      we would have compiled the physical evidence to send Blair and Bush
      straight to the International Criminal Court.

      Do not tell me our presence in the thousands would not have changed
      everything… drastically, it surely would have. Do not tell me there
      is not tens of thousands of compassionate, conscientious and
      wonderful people who are ready to act in unison in order to save our
      planet from our currently insane path; there are tens of millions of
      such people at the least. And the moment we get really serious we
      will understand that mobilising in the lands of our victims is the
      most powerful act of all. This is what I intend to prove.

      Protests should be the very least we do, rather than the excuse we
      use to say "I did my part, I went to the protests." Bollucks to
      that; our protests do not mean a damn thing to those who are maimed
      and murdered daily.

      When will several thousand of us stand up, in unison, intelligently,
      to let the tyrants and their puppets know the way this world will be
      run from that day forward? When will we, those of conscience, those
      who see the pending disaster ahead, take the stand that must be
      taken in order to turn this world around for the better? I say we
      do so as soon as is possible… and not a moment later. I say we do
      it now.

      And now I say again that P10K (http://www.P10K.net) is the very best
      plan put on the table for achieving the above goal. It is a simple
      plan and one that is far more realistic than the cynics and tyrants
      would have us believe. It has the support of virtually all
      Palestinians and peace loving Israeli's including Mordechai Vanunu.
      Noam Chomsky supports it, as does every other peace loving person
      who has taken a genuine look at the plan. I am in regular contact
      with my brothers and sisters in Palestine and they continually
      express their deep desire to support P10K in every way they can.
      But alas I have not been successful in the most critical initial
      element of P10K, the `Agreement in Principle' for a cessation
      of offensive operations in Israel on behalf of the resisting
      factions in Palestine (Islamic Jihad, Hamas, Al Aqsa Martyrs
      Brigade). That would have insured the rapid growth of the P10K
      FORCE.

      "The Palestinian Department of Foreign Relations and the Palestinian
      Legislative Council are ready to support you (P10K) in everything you
      need. I have links with Israeli's and we can invite them to
      participate. If this campaign succeeds, it will finish Palestinian
      suffering on the ground." - Abbas Zaki, General Delegate Foreign
      Relations & Central Committee of Fatah

      Despite my best efforts however, I could not (through phone and fax
      communiqués) get Hamas and Islamic Jihad to agree to this ceasefire
      in return for 10,000 western/world citizens (P10K FORCE) arriving in
      Palestine. Only Al Aqsa Martyrs had agreed; no small task either I
      might add. But this was not enough and that is why I
      attempted "illegal entry" into Gaza in June 2004; I was going there
      to meet with the so-called "terrorists", in order to secure this
      agreement. But I was subsequently apprehended by the Israeli
      Defence Forces in the security zone between Israeli and Palestinian
      Gaza. It is distinctly possible that if I had made it into
      Palestinian Gaza that I might just have succeeded in securing
      this agreement; instead I was jailed and deported by the Israeli
      Government. This has made promoting P10K much more difficult, and
      therefore the work will take longer.

      So for those of you who are not clear about P10K or the P10K FORCE;
      the P10K FORCE will be comprised of no less than 10,000 people who
      will serve two major objectives when they arrive (in unison) to the
      occupied territories of Palestine;

      1. The catalyst for the resisting factions in Palestine to cease
      offensive operations in Israel while we (P10K FORCE) live in and
      among the Palestinian population. This objective negates any bogus
      argument that Israel would make to say we are a "Security Risk."
      2. To act as International Observers who will document any and all
      Human Rights violations and violations of International Law in the
      interest of compelling the application of International Law;
      International Law that makes clear the illegality of the Israeli
      Apartheid Wall, the settlements, the theft of further Palestinian
      land and the occupation as a whole.

      "If the Palestinian resistance feels they are alone, they will use
      weapons, but if the world community comes, then we will use other
      methods, to peacefully take our freedom." - Awni Mashni, Fatah

      It is just that simple and this plan will only happen when 10,000
      people minimum are registered and ready to deploy. If Israel
      attempts to stop all 10,000 of us; than it is time to do what Gandhi
      would do.

      "More and more Israelis, who have not lost their conscience, have
      joined in (non-violent struggle). A huge presence of internationals
      from all over the world would constitute an enormous push to this
      struggle, and will give us all a renewed sense of hope. " - Tanya
      Reinhart speaking, Professor of Linguistics at Tel Aviv University

      Let us acknowledge a painful fact, the Palestinians continue to be
      the victims of not just Israeli brutality, but western lack of
      will. If democracy exists at all than we have the power to compel
      balanced treatment for Israel as has occurred for Iraq and other
      Arab nations. Israel has flouted United Nations resolutions for over
      three decades while actively developing illegal nuclear, biological
      and chemical weapons capabilities. All the while our
      western "democracies" do little more than express pathetically
      insincere words of disapproval backed with no action of any
      consequence. That's not democracy, so let us effect democracy on
      our own terms.

      I say again that P10K has more chance of major results than any other
      citizen-based initiative that I am aware of.

      "This (P10K) is a very imaginative, creative, and courageous
      initiative. If it receives the support it merits it could have a
      major impact on moves towards reconciliation, peace, and hopes for
      justice and freedom in this tortured corner of the world." – Noam
      Chomsky

      P10K will change the world; 10,000 people who will become the
      conscience of humanity; replacing the collective conscience that has
      slumbered in a coma for far too long.

      I do not know how long it will take to prove the power of P10K, to
      acquire the 10,000 registrants, but I will do my best. The main
      thing I put to every person who reads this now is; would you or
      would you not want to be 1 of 10,000 who will travel to Palestine
      for the objectives stated above? If yes than why have you not yet
      registered to be part of the P10K FORCE? Because the bottom line is
      that the P10K FORCE will only happen when the 10,000 people are
      registered and ready to go.

      Whether it takes six months, one year or longer I will continue to
      present P10K until the 10,000 are registered. That is my priority
      in life and despite my limitations as one person I am not alone, I
      have incredible support and a growing team and we are all committed
      to the P10K Mission. And the sooner those of conscience realise the
      power of the P10K plan the sooner we will together make history,
      save life and truly turn this world around for the better.

      REGISTER for the P10K FORCE!

      TJP,
      Ken O'Keefe

      PS – A P10K Registration Tour of the United Kingdom, Ireland and
      Europe is being planned for early 2005, if you live in any of these
      areas and wish to host this presentation (which will feature Ken
      O'Keefe and guest speakers from Israel and Palestine) than email
      P10K organisers at human@...