Who is the real enemy?

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 25 2:25 PM
      Do you support your country
      even if what it does is evil?
      So what does that make you?

      Who is the real enemy?
      By John Kaminski

      It is truly a devil of a choice.

      Support American soldiers murdering innocent civilians throughout
      Iraq and win the hollow, uneasy applause of your neighbors?

      Or do you secretly root for Iraqi civilians turned revolutionaries
      trying the defend their war-wracked country against the murderous
      Western invaders ... and risk being arrested for treason?

      You've heard the stories, if you've chosen to listen. Here's today's
      roundup: Gunmen in American helicopters shooting a family of five
      trying to swim across a river while escaping the carnage in Fallujah.
      Or killing doctors and nurses who were trying to help those wounded
      by indiscriminate American bombing. Or that story of the American
      soldier "finishing off" an injured Iraqi man.

      These are only the latest of thousands of heartless atrocities
      wreaked on a ravaged country by an overwhelming military force that
      can only be described as completely insane. Representing a country
      that can only be described with the same phrase. The country in
      question is yours. Can you deal with that?

      What America is doing to Iraq is a thousand times worse than Saddam
      Hussein every dreamed about doing to anyone! What America is doing to
      Iraq is worse than any dictator, no matter how vilified, has ever
      done to any other country!

      You've heard the pornographic tales about Abu Ghraib prison. How does
      it sit with you that Americans are regarded as sadistic sex perverts
      by the rest of the world? Judging by the behavior of American
      soldiers, that is what we are.

      And what do you do about it? How do you react, sitting in your easy
      chair on Sunday watching football? Turn to your favorite Internet
      porn site?

      Try to ignore all those stories about the election, a trickle turning
      into a tidal wave of evidence that shows Bush got more votes than
      there were voters in a number of states? But if your thought process
      is that evolved, you realize that overturning this recent smelly
      election would not solve the problem, because the guy who lost is
      just as much a warmonger as the guy who won.

      So you go back to your football game, and maybe turn up the volume a
      little, just in case you have a little bit of conscience left and can
      hear in your mind the distant screams of women and children being cut
      to ribbons by American ordnance in Fallujah. And all for no good

      You know, the thing that really gets me about the American butchery
      in Iraq is that it is a well-known fact — doubted by no one — that
      the reasons uniformed American men and women are even in Iraq are
      lies. Well-established lies, proven many times. No weapons of mass
      destruction. And no connection to al-Qaeda (even though al-Qaeda was
      invented by the CIA as an excuse to make wars everywhere).

      Yet it apparently has occurred to no one with any degree of power in
      this warped society of ours that this means all the lives we have
      squandered in our War of Lies in Iraq are an absolutely evil
      abomination, completely unnecessary, except to maintain the fiction
      that the lies about weapons of mass destruction and al-Qaeda somehow
      don't really matter, and that we can kill anybody we want at any time.

      There are two ways you can look at this. If you know a little about
      real American history, you know we have butchered people all over the
      world and clothed the horrific deeds in noble rhetoric so as not to
      offend our bloated sense of self-worth. If you know this, then you
      are part of the choir I so often preach to.

      But if you think America has any remaining shred of decency and
      honesty in the way it barges around the world, killing innocent
      people with impunity as it goes, then I have to tell you that in your
      profound and deliberate ignorance, you are an accessory to mass
      murder. By your silence and inaction, you are assisting in the daily
      murders of innocent people.

      Are you too stupid to make the connection? Waging war on the basis of
      lies is mass murder, and you are supporting it. Could it be any

      I strongly urge anyone who supports the murderous and evil American
      presence in Iraq to instruct their children to immediately go and
      start killing their own neighbors, especially if their skin is not
      lily white, because this is exactly what the U.S. invasion of Iraq is
      telling us to do. We don't need a reason to kill people, unless it's
      because they have something that we want.

      Since Iraq has something we want — namely oil — it's OK to kill them.
      That's what we are teaching are children. This is no joke. That's
      what our children are learning. Just listen to the soldiers in Iraq
      describe what they are doing.

      How they have unleashed their savage hatred against people who have
      never done a thing to hurt them.

      Oh, don't argue 9/11 to me. Iraqis had nothing to do with 9/11. That
      atrocity wasn't carried out by Arabs, it was carried out by rich
      white men who pretend to be pious Christians and Jews hiding behind
      their billions of dollars.

      For Americans, this is the profound lesson of the Iraq war. We don't
      need a reason to rob and kill someone anymore. Our religious
      president says it's the right thing to do, and has destroyed our
      Constitution, as well as our reputation around the world, to prove it.

      And this is the lesson of 9/11. You stage a terror attack to convince
      the world we need to fight terror. This is what the Israelis have
      done over the last century to the Palestinians.

      But it appears that we as a people — the American people — will never
      learn this lesson. Or, we will never learn it in time, anyway.

      We have let our world be radically changed by a few evil, rich, white
      and soulless businessmen who control the information we receive and
      the appartus that governs us, and now we have let 200-plus years of
      relative freedom go down the drain simply because these men wanted to
      make even more money and sold us on a story that convinced us we were
      in danger from a foreign threat, just like they always do, just like
      they have always done.

      They have changed the character of the world based on a big lie that
      we swallowed because we failed to have the courage to challenge what
      they said.

      And look what happened. This killing will never stop, you know. The
      dogs of war have been unleashed. Those American kids who are doing
      all that killing in Iraq will bring all the stuff back home, and give
      it to us here.

      You've heard about the plans, of course, haven't you? The economic
      collapse, the concentration camps for debtors and dissenters. Sure,
      watch your football game. It can't possibly happen here. Don't let
      your mind wander to the Fallujah scenario being transferred to
      Oakland, or Ann Arbor, or Houston.

      I know, for most of you, it's already too late to change your mind.
      The die in cast (and the cast will soon be dead).

      Paste that "Support Our Troops" ribbon on the back of your car. That
      way the rest of us will know you are cheering for mass murder because
      of reasons that are lies.

      And when you look in the mirror, don't look directly into your own
      eyes. That's what happened to some of our soldiers who came back from
      Iraq, you know.

      You know. Some of the ones who went down to the cellar and put a
      bullet into their temple.

      Should your soul suddenly click on after its long period of dormancy,
      it could happen to you, you know.

      This little snippet of an old song has been playing in my head these
      last few days. It reveals how old I am. Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young.
      1970. "Wooden Ships."

      Horror grips us as we watch you die.
      All we can do is echo your anguished cries.
      Stare as all human feelings die.
      We are leaving — you don't need us.

      America has become a nation of moral cowards and intellectual liars.
      Maybe the good people should get out, while they can. A curdled
      country like this doesn't deserve to survive.

      John Kaminski is a writer who lives on the Gulf Coast of Florida, and
      is acutely ashamed, in this rancid day and age, to be an American.

      THINKING ABOUT HOLIDAY GIFTS? With Christmas coming on, here's a
      chance to kill two birds with one stone: help spread the word that a
      more humane world is possible, and help keep me writing by buying one
      of my books, either for your own library or for friends who might
      need to have their worldview radically expanded. The new
      collection, "The Perfect Enemy," covers many of the most significant
      issues that affect the well-being of our world today. The
      booklet, "The Day America Died," remains one of the clearest
      overviews of what happened on 9/11. The first collection, "America's
      Autopsy Report," was called by one reader "a wake-up call we can't
      afford to ignore." Do your friends, and me, and maybe even yourself,
      a big favor. Buy a book. My ability to keep writing depends on your
      response. Given the climate in the world today, as the forces of evil
      continue to clamp down on freedom of speech, there's no telling how
      much longer books like this will continue to be available. If you
      like, go to http://www.johnkaminski.com/ .... and thanks. -JK