Night of Power for Somerville

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 7, 2004
      Night of Power for Somerville

      By Maria Hussain, Editor
      World View News Service

      Dear Friends of Palestine,

      Quite by accident, the Aldermen of Somerville, Massachusetts
      selected the night of November 9th, 2004 to vote on the Socially
      Responsible Investment Resolution which recommends that the city's
      retirement benefits investment plans be taken out of Israeli
      security bonds and companies such as Caterpillar which aid in the
      Israeli occupation army's war crimes against the civilian population
      of Palestine.

      On the 9th of November, quite possibly the Night of Power, the
      American people will stand up to the Jewish community. Already, the
      Zionist telephone hate hotline has been busily threatening and
      trying to intimidate the Aldermen and their families. We hope that
      the Aldermen will not be swayed in their decision to avoid investing
      public money in controversial companies or in countries that the
      disregard human rights rulings issued by the World Court. There is
      every reason to believe that the truth will be victorious on that
      night, for it is the most holy night in the sacred month of Ramadan.

      Allah says about the Night of Power: "Ah, What will convey unto thee
      what the Night of Power is! The Night of Power is better than a
      thousand months. The angels and the Spirit descend therein, by the
      permission of their Lord, with all decrees. Peace until the rising
      of the dawn." (Surat al Qadr 97:1-5). The Night of Power, the night
      when the Quran was first revealed to the Prophet Mohammed, peace be
      upon him, is called Laylat Al Qadr, and it is the night during which
      destinies are decided. (See Surat Ad-Dukhan 44:4). Laylat Al Qadr is
      a night in which angels descend to earth and ascend back to heaven,
      carrying with them the sincere prayers of the people who are awake.

      It is a unique privilege to be able to experience Allah's mercy and
      forgiveness on this blessed night when Muslims all over the Boston
      area, and all over the world, will spend the night awake in prayer
      and reflection. To receive the Holy Spirit of Allah in this Night of
      Power is worth more than 84 years of life. The Prophet Mohammed,
      peace be upon him, said that he who seeks blessings and guidance
      from Allah on this Night of Power will have his previous sins
      forgiven: the ultimate liberation.

      Inshallah, this Night of Power will go down in history like John
      Brown's uncompromising stand against slavery. Life's purpose is not
      just to find linguistic loopholes to evade the clear criteria given
      to us by our Creator which define right and wrong. For Allah has
      said: "I answer the prayer of the supplicant when he crieth unto Me.
      So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me in order that they
      may be led aright." (Surat al Baqarah 2:186).

      Oh Muslims who are praying tonight, remember the good people in
      Somerville who want their city to divest from Israel, because they
      are coming up against the Beast, and they will have to make this
      jihad, but they are not alone. "Victory cometh only by the help of
      Allah. Lo! Allah is Mighty, Wise." (Surat Al Anfal 8:10).

      If there is even one person in Somerville, Massachusetts, who is
      attending the Alderman meeting with the weight of a mustard seed of
      faith in his or her heart, I pray the sky open up and Allah's glory
      be made manifest for the sake of bestowing dignity and honor upon
      the keepers of the holy shrines in the holy land.

      If Allah does not grant victory to the Palestinian people, the noble
      mosques and dignified churches in which the names of the prophets
      are recalled, will be bulldozed to the ground. If Palestine is
      crushed, so too will the spirit of humanity be ground into the dirt.
      Like Rachel Corrie, our back will be broken.

      In a grave and deadly hour such as this, the Prophet Mohammed, peace
      be upon him, prayed for the safety of his companions in the heroic
      Battle of Badr. "Oh Allah, if this small band of Muslims is
      destroyed, You will not be worshipped on this earth." Early in the
      history of Islam, when it appeared that the enemies of Islam would
      mass murder the Muslims, the Muslims refused to submit to anything
      other than Allah. Therefore "Allah willed that He should cause the
      Truth to triumph." (Surat Al Anfal 8:5).

      It is in such a perilous hour that we live today, when we have no
      choice but to stand up against the raging Beast consuming all that
      is beautiful and holy on this earth, because this is not just about
      doing our moral duty towards our brothers and sisters in Palestine,
      but this is about being willing to follow in the footsteps of the
      prophets. We all have to be willing to uphold universal principles
      of justice as defined by Allah through Moses, Jesus and Mohammed,
      peace be upon them, not justice as the pro-Israel public relations
      agents redefine it.

      "Allah Almighty says: (When ye sought help of your Lord and He
      answered you, saying): "I will help you with a thousand of the
      angels, rank on rank." Allah appointed it only as good tidings,
      and ... remove from you the fear of Satan, and make strong your
      hearts and firm (your) feet thereby when thy Lord inspired the
      angels, (saying:) "I am with you. So make those who believe stand
      firm. I will throw fear into the hearts of those who cover up the
      Truth. Then smite the necks and smite of them each finger." (8:9-12).

      The State of Israel is the primary threat to World Peace today,
      especially in that it controls American politics. The American
      people have a duty to break the neck of the State of Israel by
      cutting off its supply of funding. We must kill the stranglehold
      that the supporters of Israel have placed upon our throats. These
      criminals have destroyed our democracy with the Patriot Act, ruined
      our economy with useless wars designed to make Israel the world
      superpower, they have printed lies in the newspapers that resulted
      in thousands of innocent Muslims to be imprisoned indefinitely
      without charge, tortured, and degraded. These people would knowingly
      put another family out of their home, and then happily move into
      their house. These people, dual citizen Israeli-Americans, are
      willing and eager to put American lives at risk just so they can
      enjoy stolen real estate at bargain prices available only to
      themselves.

      On the 9th of November, when the organized Jewish community will
      attempt to deny, justify, or downplay Israeli war crimes, the
      American people will say no to Israel's occupation of Palestine. I
      pray Allah give the good people of Massachusetts the right words to
      say, and the courage to declare total opposition to Israel's use of
      our money. We must all thank these good Americans for standing up
      for all Americans' right to make socially conscious decisions in
      regards to their investments.

      Any of you who believe in angels, this is the night for us to wake
      up and believe there is such a thing as Truth. Allah will send down
      His reinforcements like He did in that great battle centuries ago.
      Allah will back us up with 1000 angels. The Battle of Badr showed
      the world that a small group of people armed with the truth can
      prevail against those who wish to prevent the truth from being
      spoken.

      True peace is the submission of the heart to make the decision to do
      the right thing no matter what the cost. This kind of peace exists
      within, and is not dependent on the evildoers' willingness to cease
      bombing those who refuse to worship the Beast. For we know that we
      too could face torture like Jesus faced at the hands of the Romans,
      or like our friends in Guantanamo, Israel's prisons, and Abu Ghraib.

      On this night the testimony will be made about the truth of Israeli
      war crimes on American soil, in a government building, on live TV.
      Whether we are in Somerville at the Town Hall, or saying a prayer in
      the masjid, or tucking our kids into bed on that night, we should
      all be clear that if we are ever to succeed in taking this first
      step towards divesting from Israel, this is the night we could
      really do it.

      All of you who are seeking the victory of Allah on behalf of the
      Palestinian people who are hungry, afraid, and abandoned, in these
      holy nights at the end of Ramadan, God willing, this is the night
      for salvation, for victory, for success.