Jenin Documentary available

  • World View <ummyakoub@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2003
      "No One Need Cry": Jenin Documentary available (ACTION REQUESTED)

      From: Huwaida Arraf <huwaidaa@...>
      Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 22:59:10 -0800 (PST)

      "No One Need Cry"
      Jenin Documentary available

      Within days after the Jenin massacre in April, 2002, when U.N.
      observers were denied access, when most journalists were kept away,
      filmmaker Maren Karlitsky began documenting what had just happened
      (and was to some extent still happening). She went with IWPS and ISM,
      interviewed the camp residents and filmed what they found as they
      returned.

      The result is "No One Need Cry," a powerful, 34-minute documentary of
      scenes not shown on the nightly news, despite the rule that "if it
      bleeds, it leads." Without narration, the Palestinian victims tell
      their own story, and the camera sees what they see. I have seen it
      numerous times, but it still chokes me each time. This is the footage
      no one was ever supposed to get, effectively edited into a coherent
      and chilling tale.

      Maren has authorized the ISM support group in Northern California to
      reproduce and distribute the NTSC version of the film in North
      America, to benefit ISM and IWPS. The reproduction is high quality,
      made professionally from a beta master with English subtitles. I have
      also added four minutes of footage from Israeli television
      (rebroadcast by Al-Manar News in English) of Israeli soldiers
      describing methods of torturing and killing Palestinians. (The
      program was about soldiers recovering from their experiences.) If you
      would like a copy, please send $20/copy plus $3 S&H/copy for up to 4
      copies. If you want more than four copies, I will figure the S&H
      separately. I also have some copies without the extra 4 minutes, if
      you prefer. Checks should be made to ISM and sent to 405 Vista
      Heights Rd., El Cerrito, CA 94530. OK to use for your own fundraisers
      without additional authorization. We want people to see this with
      their own eyes!

      Please forward this message to anyone you think might want to know.

      Paul Larudee
      510-236-5338