Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Arafat may have been poisoned

Expand Messages
  • World View
    3 Palestinians Extra-Judicially Killed by Israeli Occupation Forces in Nablus Palestinian Centre for Human Rights 2 November 2004
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 4, 2004
      3 Palestinians Extra-Judicially Killed by Israeli Occupation Forces
      in Nablus

      Palestinian Centre for Human Rights
      2 November 2004


      On Monday, 1 November 2004, Israeli occupation forces (IOF)
      committed an extra-judicial killing in Nablus, which left 3 members
      of the al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigades (the military wing of Fatah
      movement) dead, and injured a fourth one. The killing was carried
      out by an undercover unit of IOF, whose members often disguise as
      Palestinian civilians. This latest attacks came in the context of
      an official policy adopted by the Israeli political and military

      According to preliminary investigations conducted by PCHR, at
      approximately 21:00 on Monday, 1 November 2004, an undercover unit
      of IOF, disguised in Palestinian civilian clothes and traveling in a
      civilian car that had a Palestinian registration plate, moved into
      Nablus. The car stopped near 'Abdul Mugheeth al-Ansari school, and
      6-8 persons who were wearing women's clothes got out of it. Those
      persons mounted the stairs of al-Yasamina, which leads to al-Samra
      area in the west of the old town. They moved towards 4 Palestinians
      who were sitting in the area and fired at them at very close range.
      Three of these Palestinians were instantly killed:

      1. Majdi Mar'ei, 25;

      2. Fadi Sami Nour al-Sarwan, 22; and

      3. Jihad 'Omar Abu Salha, 25.

      The three were members of the al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigade, the military
      wing of Fatah movement. The fourth Palestinian was seriously
      wounded. Soon, more Israeli troops arrived on the scene to
      transport the undercover unit, while an F-16 fighter jet, a
      helicopter and a drone were flying over the city.

      Majid Mar'ei had survived an assassination attempt carried out by
      IOF on 15 September 2004, which left 6 Palestinians dead, including
      an 11-year-old child. Israeli military sources claimed that Mar'ei
      had been wanted for a long time and that he was responsible for a
      number of attacks against Israeli targets.

      PCHR remains gravely concerned about such escalation by the Israeli
      government and its occupation. Israeli violations of human rights,
      including extra-judicial and indiscriminate killings, further
      indicate Israel's disregard for international law and humanitarian
      law, which prohibit such acts that constitute grave breaches of the
      Fourth Geneva Convention (1949), in particular article 147. PCHR
      asserts that the policy of extra-judicial executions officially
      adopted by the Israeli government serves to increase tension in the
      region and threatens the lives of Palestinian civilians. PCHR
      reiterates its calls for the High Contracting Parties to the Fourth
      Geneva Convention to fulfill their obligations to ensure protection
      for Palestinian civilians in the Occupied Palestinian Territory.


      <>.<>.<> Los Angeles, Alta California <>.<>.<>

      November 4, 2004

      Arafat may have been poisoned

      Dr. Christian Estripeau of Percy Hospital in Paris
      said today that Yasser Arafat, who is being treated at
      the hospital, is showing symptoms of arsenic
      poisoning. Dr. Estripeau added that more tests are
      needed to make a definite diagnosis.

      Arsenic poisoning is usually determined by a hair
      analysis. If arsenic is found in the hair follicles it
      will stay there for years. If it is in the hair
      follicles it is usually in the body as well. Arsenic
      is also deposited in the fingernails and skin.

      Symptoms of arsenic poisoning begin with headaches,
      confusion and drowsiness. As the poisoning develops,
      convulsions and changes in fingernail pigmentation may
      occur. When the poisoning becomes acute, symptoms
      may include diarrhea, vomiting, blood in the urine,
      cramping muscles, hair loss, stomach pain, and more
      convulsions. The organs of the body that are usually
      affected by arsenic poisoning are the lungs, skin,
      kidneys, and liver. The final result of arsenic
      poisoning is coma and then death.

      An Arafat principal advisor in Paris said today that
      the Palestinian leader is now in "critical condition"
      and slipping into coma, a final outcome of arsenic
      poisoning right before death. Arsenic poisoning can be
      reversed if diagnosed properly and treated diligently.

      Other French doctors carrying out tests on the
      75-year-old leader since he was airlifted to the
      military hospital in Paris last Friday say they still
      do not know what is wrong with him, despite ruling out
      leukaemia. Arafat's immune system appeared quite weak
      as his health, which had at first stabilised after he
      arrived at the hospital, suddenly deteriorated on
      Wednesday, they said.

      Yasser Arafat has for 40 years been the symbol of the
      Palestinian struggle against the Zionist occupation
      of Palestine. The extraordinary courageous leader
      was admitted to the Percy military hospital in the
      Paris suburb of Clamart on Friday after being
      dramatically evacuated from the West Bank where he
      was being held a virtual prisoner by the sinister
      Ariel Sharon, head of the vile Zionist Likud Party of

      Yasser Arafat has for many years been the target for
      assassination by Sharon. Many Middle East observers
      and analysts believe that Arafat was poisoned by
      Sharon operatives while the Palestinian leader was
      held prisoner in Ramallah.

      * * * * * * * * * * * * *
      La Voz de Aztlan

      La Raza with Arafat in the old days

      Nablus suffers Israeli onslaught

      Tuesday 02 November 2004 Aljazeera + Agencies


      Residents of al-Askar refugee camp in Nablus on the West Bank have
      endured a night of terror at the hands of Israeli occupation troops
      who demolished homes and detained several Palestinians.

      The destruction followed the earlier killing of four Palestinians in
      Nablus's Old City.

      Among the homes demolished was that of the family of a Palestinian
      bomber who blew himself up in a Tel Aviv marketplace on Monday
      killing three Israelis.

      The homes of two other members of the Popular Front for the
      Liberation of Palestine, believed to be the masterminds behind
      Monday's bombing, were also destroyed.

      Activists of several resistance groups were detained in the camp in
      Nablus city, Aljazeera's correspondent reported.

      The correspondent added that all the gates to the city had been
      closed by Israeli forces, preventing anyone from entering or

      Israeli forces also targeted the neighbourhoods of Ras al-Ain and al-
      Yasmina in the Old City of Nablus.

      Four killed

      Earlier, Israeli occupation troops killed four Palestinians during a
      raid on Nablus.

      Witnesses and medics said three Palestinians, including a member of
      al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigades, an offshoot of Yasir Arafat's Fatah group,
      were killed on Monday by an Israeli special unit in the Old Town of

      Israeli military sources said troops opened fire on fighters in the
      city, but put the number of Palestinians killed in the incident at

      Earlier on Monday, Aljazeera reported that a 12-year-old Palestinian
      boy in the Askar refugee camp in Nablus was shot dead by Israeli

      Bashar Zabara died from gunshot wounds to the neck after troops
      opened fire at stone-throwers.

      Jenin arrest

      In a separate development, Israeli occupation forces arrested Fadi
      al-Saadi, the field leader of al-Quds Brigades, the military wing of
      the Islamic Jihad resistance movement.

      His arrest came after troops surrounded his house in Jenin,
      Aljazeera's correspondent in the Palestinian territories reported.

      Three Palestinian children were injured by Israeli bullets during the
      confrontations in Jenin refugee camp which remains under curfew.



      To subscribe to this group, send an email to:

    Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.