The rancher beat the windsurfer

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 3, 2004
      Fasten your seat belts: it's going to be a bumpy ride. Control of the
      presidency, Senate, House. A popular mandate. Four more years.
      Possibly four more wars.
      http://207.44.245.159/article7211.htm

      ===

      A Dark Day in America: Bush wins
      Jamie Foxer
      http://207.44.245.159/article7208.htm

      11/03/04 "ICH" --Bush's popular vote outcome is not surprising to
      me. Bush has been always successful in fear mongering
      the "patriotic" base into loyal submission. That's been a hallmark
      of his administration. What I'm worried about is how, with all the
      Fahrenheit 9/11s, all the government leaks, the Paul o' Neils,
      Richard Holbrookes, Abu-Ghraib's, Al-Qaqaas, the dismal presidential
      debates (for Bush), the depressed economy, the ballooning of the
      federal deficit, the loss of millions of jobs, the absolutely
      Orwellian anti-environmental policy of this administration, the
      Leave No Child Left Behind initiative (entitled sarcastically by
      actual teachers as the "No Child Left Alive" act), the smearing of
      our international reputation like no other administration before,
      the unnecessary embroilment in Iraq, the fumbling of the ball with
      respect to finding Osama Bin Laden in Tora Bora, the Patriot Act and
      curtailment of liberties and so on....

      How could the American people vote massively (by a 3-4 million vote
      margin) to re-elect this fool...this dangerous, arrogant fool? We in
      the U.S. can look forward to 4 more years of increased reactionary
      policies in government. With re-election now not an issue for Bush,
      with the Congress firmly in Republican hands, and with the Supreme
      Court looking to be shaped for the next decades by Bush, you're
      going to see some of the most reactionary bills in the history of
      the United States suddenly be taken off the shelves of Republican
      think-thanks and pressed on the Congress to be passed quickly and
      easily. Welcome to Bush's 2nd term!

      In one way, I feel relieved. For years, I've tried to state to my
      friends that it's not just the "government" but "the people". There
      seems to be an unspoken taboo regarding accusing the American people
      to be the source of our bad government, but in this case, I think
      that the adage that a people "deserve the government they elect"
      proves true. How long are we supposed to look the other way to the
      fact that a large part of country holds increasingly ignorant and
      radical-religious views? Who are the voting for? The American people
      have chosen to ignore all the incredibly abundant signs of
      corruption and reactionary ultra-conservatism of this administration
      and have given control of the world's fate to this arrogant Cowboy
      from Texas, and his crew of corporate-ruled cadres, and neocon
      imperial fanatics....AGAIN. "Fool me once, shame on you...fool me
      twice, shame on ME". And boy does it seem that we've been fooled!
      The first time the election was stolen...this time, we gave it to
      the thief!

      Shame on you, American people. You were given a lot of facts and you
      ignored them, focusing more on whether you liked Bush's "confident"
      swagger than Kerry's more reserved style. Stylistic issues took
      precedence over hard facts. My message to Red States and
      Republicans: I don't want to see a single tear about dead soldiers
      anywhere on the globe from Red States or Republican families. You've
      forfeited your right to be legitimately to be angry about our
      embroilments abroad when you voted for the man who sent your
      sons/daughters to die unnecessarily. I don't want to hear laments
      about how we find ourselves still quagmired in Iraq and the
      President is saber-rattling about starting a War with Iran. I don't
      want to hear about how you felt uncomfortable in your last trip to
      pretty much all of Europe, Asia, Africa, or Latin America. I don't
      want to see a single cry of surprise or outrage if another terrorist
      attack does occur....we've had ample evidence to prove that Bush's
      arrogance has proved a recruiting boon for equally angry radical
      Islamists in the Middle East. We've made that easier for them, and
      an attack more likely. I don't want to hear a single complaint about
      gas prices going up or a Republican losing his job or the economy
      deepening its inequality...you knew who you were electing in this
      election and you knew his record on the economy. I don't want to
      hear about another "hero" who has died in foreign lands. If they
      truly were our heroes, we wouldn't have elected this President,
      which will assure that they stay in harm's way for more unnecessary
      reasons and for longer times. If you get searched on some airplane
      and detained at an airport, don't act indignant that they stopped
      you (a Republican); instead reflect on how you made it possible for
      the "big brother" government to continue, and worsen. If you have
      any integrity left, Republicans and Red States, you will suck up
      all "second-thoughts" in the Bush 2nd term and spare us, the
      Democrats, the pain, anger and anguish of having to say, "not only
      did we TELL YOU SO, you could see it for yourself for the last 4
      years!". You knew...damnit, you knew what you were doing...and you
      still gave power to this dangerous fool.

      We deserve the government we elected, we deserve the corruption,
      fearmongering, and war-waging that will occur in the 2nd term, we
      deserve every single part. We have nothing more to do than wade
      through Dante's last circle of hell and hope we come out the other
      side with some semblance of our Republic.

      Jamie Foxer is an undergraduate student at the University of
      Massachusetts. She may be reached at jamiefoxer@...

      ===

      Post-mortem Let the disobedience begin :

      So...it seems the shorter of the two rich straight white male Yale-
      educated war criminals won, huh? The rancher beat the windsurfer.
      http://207.44.245.159/article7209.htm

      ===

      Divide and rule ... for now :

      George Bush has dismayed half the US public and, I'm sure, much of
      the world by apparently winning the election.
      http://www.guardian.co.uk/uselections2004/markosmoulitsas/story/0,151
      39,1342263,00.html

      http://snipurl.com/adcu

      ===

      Demonic nonsense :

      Something has dropped into place - principally, an understanding
      that if you don't pay attention, a man like Bush can get away with
      murder.
      http://www.guardian.co.uk/uselections2004/comment/story/0,14259,13421
      13,00.html

      http://snipurl.com/adcx

      ===

      No backbone, no dream:

      It all comes down to the Democrats themselves...
      http://207.44.245.159/article7207.htm