OSAMA BIN LADEN'S LETTER TO AMERICA

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 4, 2002
      OSAMA BIN LADEN'S LETTER TO AMERICA
      Observer Worldview
      Sunday November 24, 2002
      http://www.observer.co.uk/worldview/story/0%2C11581%2C845725%
      2C00.html

      Full text: bin Laden's 'letter to America'

      Online document: the full text of Osama bin Laden's "letter to the
      American people", reported in today's Observer. The letter first
      appeared on the internet in Arabic and has since been translated and
      circulated by Islamists in Britain.

      In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most
      Merciful, "Permission to fight (against disbelievers) is given to
      those (believers) who are fought against, because they have been
      wronged and surely, Allah is Able to give them (believers) victory"
      [Quran 22:39]

      "Those who believe, fight in the Cause of Allah, and those who
      disbelieve, fight in the cause of Taghut (anything worshipped other
      than Allah e.g. Satan). So fight you against the friends of Satan;
      ever feeble is indeed the plot of Satan."[Quran 4:76]

      Some American writers have published articles under the title 'On
      what basis are we fighting?' These articles have generated a number
      of responses, some of which adhered to the truth and were based on
      Islamic Law, and others which have not. Here we wanted to outline
      the truth - as an explanation and warning - hoping for Allah's
      reward, seeking success and support from Him.

      While seeking Allah's help, we form our reply based on two questions
      directed at the Americans:-
      (Q1) Why are we fighting and opposing you?
      (Q2) What are we calling you to, and what do we want from you?
      As for the first question: Why are we fighting and opposing you? The
      answer is very simple:
      (1) Because you attacked us and continue to attack us.
      a) You attacked us in Palestine:
      (i) Palestine, which has sunk under military occupation for more
      than 80 years. The British handed over Palestine, with your help and
      your support, to the Jews, who have occupied it for more than 50
      years; years overflowing with oppression, tyranny, crimes, killing,
      expulsion, destruction and devastation. The creation and
      continuation of Israel is one of the greatest crimes, and you are
      the leaders of its criminals. And of course there is no need to
      explain and prove the degree of American support for Israel. The
      creation of Israel is a crime which must be erased. Each and every
      person whose hands have become polluted in the contribution towards
      this crime must pay its* price, and pay for it heavily.
      (ii) It brings us both laughter and tears to see that you have not
      yet tired of repeating your fabricated lies that the Jews have a
      historical right to Palestine, as it was promised to them in the
      Torah. Anyone who disputes with them on this alleged fact is accused
      of anti-semitism. This is one of the most fallacious, widely-
      circulated fabrications in history. The people of Palestine are pure
      Arabs and original Semites. It is the Muslims who are the inheritors
      of Moses (peace be upon him) and the inheritors of the real Torah
      that has not been changed. Muslims believe in all of the Prophets,
      including Abraham, Moses, Jesus and Muhammad, peace and blessings of
      Allah be upon them all. If the followers of Moses have been promised
      a right to Palestine in the Torah, then the Muslims are the most
      worthy nation of this.

      When the Muslims conquered Palestine and drove out the Romans,
      Palestine and Jerusalem returned to Islaam, the religion of all the
      Prophets peace be upon them. Therefore, the call to a historical
      right to Palestine cannot be raised against the Islamic Ummah that
      believes in all the Prophets of Allah (peace and blessings be upon
      them) - and we make no distinction between them.
      (iii) The blood pouring out of Palestine must be equally revenged.
      You must know that the Palestinians do not cry alone; their women
      are not widowed alone; their sons are not orphaned alone.
      (b) You attacked us in Somalia; you supported the Russian atrocities
      against us in Chechnya, the Indian oppression against us in Kashmir,
      and the Jewish aggression against us in Lebanon.
      (c) Under your supervision, consent and orders, the governments of
      our countries which act as your agents, attack us on a daily basis;
      (i) These governments prevent our people from establishing the
      Islamic Shariah, using violence and lies to do so.
      (ii) These governments give us a taste of humiliation, and places us
      in a large prison of fear and subdual.
      (iii) These governments steal our Ummah's wealth and sell them to
      you at a paltry price.
      (iv) These governments have surrendered to the Jews, and handed them
      most of Palestine, acknowledging the existence of their state over
      the dismembered limbs of their own people.
      (v) The removal of these governments is an obligation upon us, and a
      necessary step to free the Ummah, to make the Shariah the supreme
      law and to regain Palestine. And our fight against these governments
      is not separate from out fight against you.
      (d) You steal our wealth and oil at paltry prices because of you
      international influence and military threats. This theft is indeed
      the biggest theft ever witnessed by mankind in the history of the
      world.
      (e) Your forces occupy our countries; you spread your military bases
      throughout them; you corrupt our lands, and you besiege our
      sanctities, to protect the security of the Jews and to ensure the
      continuity of your pillage of our treasures.
      (f) You have starved the Muslims of Iraq, where children die every
      day. It is a wonder that more than 1.5 million Iraqi children have
      died as a result of your sanctions, and you did not show concern.
      Yet when 3000 of your people died, the entire world rises and has
      not yet sat down.
      (g) You have supported the Jews in their idea that Jerusalem is
      their eternal capital, and agreed to move your embassy there. With
      your help and under your protection, the Israelis are planning to
      destroy the Al-Aqsa mosque. Under the protection of your weapons,
      Sharon entered the Al-Aqsa mosque, to pollute it as a preparation to
      capture and destroy it.
      (2) These tragedies and calamities are only a few examples of your
      oppression and aggression against us. It is commanded by our
      religion and intellect that the oppressed have a right to return the
      aggression. Do not await anything from us but Jihad, resistance and
      revenge. Is it in any way rational to expect that after America has
      attacked us for more than half a century, that we will then leave
      her to live in security and peace?!!
      (3) You may then dispute that all the above does not justify
      aggression against civilians, for crimes they did not commit and
      offenses in which they did not partake:
      (a) This argument contradicts your continuous repetition that
      America is the land of freedom, and its leaders in this world.
      Therefore, the American people are the ones who choose their
      government by way of their own free will; a choice which stems from
      their agreement to its policies. Thus the American people have
      chosen, consented to, and affirmed their support for the Israeli
      oppression of the Palestinians, the occupation and usurpation of
      their land, and its continuous killing, torture, punishment and
      expulsion of the Palestinians. The American people have the ability
      and choice to refuse the policies of their Government and even to
      change it if they want.
      (b) The American people are the ones who pay the taxes which fund
      the planes that bomb us in Afghanistan, the tanks that strike and
      destroy our homes in Palestine, the armies which occupy our lands in
      the Arabian Gulf, and the fleets which ensure the blockade of Iraq.
      These tax dollars are given to Israel for it to continue to attack
      us and penetrate our lands. So the American people are the ones who
      fund the attacks against us, and they are the ones who oversee the
      expenditure of these monies in the way they wish, through their
      elected candidates.
      (c) Also the American army is part of the American people. It is
      this very same people who are shamelessly helping the Jews fight
      against us.
      (d) The American people are the ones who employ both their men and
      their women in the American Forces which attack us.
      (e) This is why the American people cannot be not innocent of all
      the crimes committed by the Americans and Jews against us.
      (f) Allah, the Almighty, legislated the permission and the option to
      take revenge. Thus, if we are attacked, then we have the right to
      attack back. Whoever has destroyed our villages and towns, then we
      have the right to destroy their villages and towns. Whoever has
      stolen our wealth, then we have the right to destroy their economy.
      And whoever has killed our civilians, then we have the right to kill
      theirs.

      The American Government and press still refuses to answer the
      question:

      Why did they attack us in New York and Washington?

      If Sharon is a man of peace in the eyes of Bush, then we are also
      men of peace!!! America does not understand the language of manners
      and principles, so we are addressing it using the language it
      understands.

      (Q2) As for the second question that we want to answer: What are we
      calling you to, and what do we want from you?
      (1) The first thing that we are calling you to is Islam.
      (a) The religion of the Unification of God; of freedom from
      associating partners with Him, and rejection of this; of complete
      love of Him, the Exalted; of complete submission to His Laws; and of
      the discarding of all the opinions, orders, theories and religions
      which contradict with the religion He sent down to His Prophet
      Muhammad (peace be upon him). Islam is the religion of all the
      prophets, and makes no distinction between them - peace be upon them
      all.

      It is to this religion that we call you; the seal of all the
      previous religions. It is the religion of Unification of God,
      sincerity, the best of manners, righteousness, mercy, honour,
      purity, and piety. It is the religion of showing kindness to others,
      establishing justice between them, granting them their rights, and
      defending the oppressed and the persecuted. It is the religion of
      enjoining the good and forbidding the evil with the hand, tongue and
      heart. It is the religion of Jihad in the way of Allah so that
      Allah's Word and religion reign Supreme. And it is the religion of
      unity and agreement on the obedience to Allah, and total equality
      between all people, without regarding their colour, sex, or
      language.
      (b) It is the religion whose book - the Quran - will remained
      preserved and unchanged, after the other Divine books and messages
      have been changed. The Quran is the miracle until the Day of
      Judgment. Allah has challenged anyone to bring a book like the Quran
      or even ten verses like it.
      (2) The second thing we call you to, is to stop your oppression,
      lies, immorality and debauchery that has spread among you.
      (a) We call you to be a people of manners, principles, honour, and
      purity; to reject the immoral acts of fornication, homosexuality,
      intoxicants, gambling's, and trading with interest.
      We call you to all of this that you may be freed from that which you
      have become caught up in; that you may be freed from the deceptive
      lies that you are a great nation, that your leaders spread amongst
      you to conceal from you the despicable state to which you have
      reached.
      (b) It is saddening to tell you that you are the worst civilization
      witnessed by the history of mankind:
      (i) You are the nation who, rather than ruling by the Shariah of
      Allah in its Constitution and Laws, choose to invent your own laws
      as you will and desire. You separate religion from your policies,
      contradicting the pure nature which affirms Absolute Authority to
      the Lord and your Creator. You flee from the embarrassing question
      posed to you: How is it possible for Allah the Almighty to create
      His creation, grant them power over all the creatures and land,
      grant them all the amenities of life, and then deny them that which
      they are most in need of: knowledge of the laws which govern their
      lives?
      (ii) You are the nation that permits Usury, which has been forbidden
      by all the religions. Yet you build your economy and investments on
      Usury. As a result of this, in all its different forms and guises,
      the Jews have taken control of your economy, through which they have
      then taken control of your media, and now control all aspects of
      your life making you their servants and achieving their aims at your
      expense; precisely what Benjamin Franklin warned you against.
      (iii) You are a nation that permits the production, trading and
      usage of intoxicants. You also permit drugs, and only forbid the
      trade of them, even though your nation is the largest consumer of
      them.
      (iv) You are a nation that permits acts of immorality, and you
      consider them to be pillars of personal freedom. You have continued
      to sink down this abyss from level to level until incest has spread
      amongst you, in the face of which neither your sense of honour nor
      your laws object.
      Who can forget your President Clinton's immoral acts committed in
      the official Oval office? After that you did not even bring him to
      account, other than that he 'made a mistake', after which everything
      passed with no punishment. Is there a worse kind of event for which
      your name will go down in history and remembered by nations?
      (v) You are a nation that permits gambling in its all forms. The
      companies practice this as well, resulting in the investments
      becoming active and the criminals becoming rich.
      (vi) You are a nation that exploits women like consumer products or
      advertising tools calling upon customers to purchase them. You use
      women to serve passengers, visitors, and strangers to increase your
      profit margins. You then rant that you support the liberation of
      women.
      (vii) You are a nation that practices the trade of sex in all its
      forms, directly and indirectly. Giant corporations and
      establishments are established on this, under the name of art,
      entertainment, tourism and freedom, and other deceptive names you
      attribute to it.
      (viii) And because of all this, you have been described in history
      as a nation that spreads diseases that were unknown to man in the
      past. Go ahead and boast to the nations of man, that you brought
      them AIDS as a Satanic American Invention.
      (xi) You have destroyed nature with your industrial waste and gases
      more than any other nation in history. Despite this, you refuse to
      sign the Kyoto agreement so that you can secure the profit of your
      greedy companies and industries.
      (x) Your law is the law of the rich and wealthy people, who hold
      sway in their political parties, and fund their election campaigns
      with their gifts. Behind them stand the Jews, who control your
      policies, media and economy.
      (xi) That which you are singled out for in the history of mankind,
      is that you have used your force to destroy mankind more than any
      other nation in history; not to defend principles and values, but to
      hasten to secure your interests and profits. You who dropped a
      nuclear bomb on Japan, even though Japan was ready to negotiate an
      end to the war. How many acts of oppression, tyranny and injustice
      have you carried out, O callers to freedom?
      (xii) Let us not forget one of your major characteristics: your
      duality in both manners and values; your hypocrisy in manners and
      principles. All manners, principles and values have two scales: one
      for you and one for the others.
      (a) The freedom and democracy that you call to is for yourselves and
      for white race only; as for the rest of the world, you impose upon
      them your monstrous, destructive policies and Governments, which you
      call the 'American friends'. Yet you prevent them from establishing
      democracies. When the Islamic party in Algeria wanted to practice
      democracy and they won the election, you unleashed your agents in
      the Algerian army onto them, and to attack them with tanks and guns,
      to imprison them and torture them - a new lesson from the 'American
      book of democracy'!!!
      (b) Your policy on prohibiting and forcibly removing weapons of mass
      destruction to ensure world peace: it only applies to those
      countries which you do not permit to possess such weapons. As for
      the countries you consent to, such as Israel, then they are allowed
      to keep and use such weapons to defend their security. Anyone else
      who you suspect might be manufacturing or keeping these kinds of
      weapons, you call them criminals and you take military action
      against them.
      (c) You are the last ones to respect the resolutions and policies of
      International Law, yet you claim to want to selectively punish
      anyone else who does the same. Israel has for more than 50 years
      been pushing UN resolutions and rules against the wall with the full
      support of America.
      (d) As for the war criminals which you censure and form criminal
      courts for - you shamelessly ask that your own are granted
      immunity!! However, history will not forget the war crimes that you
      committed against the Muslims and the rest of the world; those you
      have killed in Japan, Afghanistan, Somalia, Lebanon and Iraq will
      remain a shame that you will never be able to escape. It will
      suffice to remind you of your latest war crimes in Afghanistan, in
      which densely populated innocent civilian villages were destroyed,
      bombs were dropped on mosques causing the roof of the mosque to come
      crashing down on the heads of the Muslims praying inside. You are
      the ones who broke the agreement with the Mujahideen when they left
      Qunduz, bombing them in Jangi fort, and killing more than 1,000 of
      your prisoners through suffocation and thirst. Allah alone knows how
      many people have died by torture at the hands of you and your
      agents. Your planes remain in the Afghan skies, looking for anyone
      remotely suspicious.
      (e)You have claimed to be the vanguards of Human Rights, and your
      Ministry of Foreign affairs issues annual reports containing
      statistics of those countries that violate any Human Rights.
      However, all these things vanished when the Mujahideen hit you, and
      you then implemented the methods of the same documented governments
      that you used to curse. In America, you captured thousands the
      Muslims and Arabs, took them into custody with neither reason, court
      trial, nor even disclosing their names. You issued newer, harsher
      laws.
      What happens in Guatanamo is a historical embarrassment to America
      and its values, and it screams into your faces - you
      hypocrites, "What is the value of your signature on any agreement or
      treaty?"
      (3) What we call you to thirdly is to take an honest stance with
      yourselves - and I doubt you will do so - to discover that you are a
      nation without principles or manners, and that the values and
      principles to you are something which you merely demand from others,
      not that which you yourself must adhere to.
      (4) We also advise you to stop supporting Israel, and to end your
      support of the Indians in Kashmir, the Russians against the Chechens
      and to also cease supporting the Manila Government against the
      Muslims in Southern Philippines.
      (5) We also advise you to pack your luggage and get out of our
      lands. We desire for your goodness, guidance, and righteousness, so
      do not force us to send you back as cargo in coffins.
      (6) Sixthly, we call upon you to end your support of the corrupt
      leaders in our countries. Do not interfere in our politics and
      method of education. Leave us alone, or else expect us in New York
      and Washington.
      (7) We also call you to deal with us and interact with us on the
      basis of mutual interests and benefits, rather than the policies of
      sub dual, theft and occupation, and not to continue your policy of
      supporting the Jews because this will result in more disasters for
      you.

      If you fail to respond to all these conditions, then prepare for
      fight with the Islamic Nation. The Nation of Monotheism, that puts
      complete trust on Allah and fears none other than Him. The Nation
      which is addressed by its Quran with the words: "Do you fear them?
      Allah has more right that you should fear Him if you are believers.
      Fight against them so that Allah will punish them by your hands and
      disgrace them and give you victory over them and heal the breasts of
      believing people. And remove the anger of their (believers') hearts.
      Allah accepts the repentance of whom He wills. Allah is All-Knowing,
      All-Wise." [Quran9:13-1]

      The Nation of honour and respect:-
      "But honour, power and glory belong to Allah, and to His Messenger
      (Muhammad- peace be upon him) and to the believers." [Quran 63:8]
      "So do not become weak (against your enemy), nor be sad, and you
      will be*superior ( in victory )if you are indeed (true) believers"
      [Quran 3:139]
      The Nation of Martyrdom; the Nation that desires death more than you
      desire life:-
      "Think not of those who are killed in the way of Allah as dead. Nay,
      they are alive with their Lord, and they are being provided for.
      They rejoice in what Allah has bestowed upon them from His bounty
      and rejoice for the sake of those who have not yet joined them, but
      are left behind (not yet martyred) that on them no fear shall come,
      nor shall they grieve. They rejoice in a grace and a bounty from
      Allah, and that Allah will not waste the reward of the believers."
      [Quran 3:169-171]
      The Nation of victory and success that Allah has promised:-
      "It is He Who has sent His Messenger (Muhammad peace be upon him)
      with guidance and the religion of truth (Islam), to make it
      victorious over all other religions even though the Polytheists hate
      it." [Quran 61:9]
      "Allah has decreed that 'Verily it is I and My Messengers who shall
      be victorious.' Verily Allah is All-Powerful, All-Mighty." [Quran
      58:21]

      The Islamic Nation that was able to dismiss and destroy the previous
      evil Empires like yourself; the Nation that rejects your attacks,
      wishes to remove your evils, and is prepared to fight you. You are
      well aware that the Islamic Nation, from the very core of its soul,
      despises your haughtiness and arrogance.

      If the Americans refuse to listen to our advice and the goodness,
      guidance and righteousness that we call them to, then be aware that
      you will lose this Crusade Bush began, just like the other previous
      Crusades in which you were humiliated by the hands of the
      Mujahideen, fleeing to your home in great silence and disgrace. If
      the Americans do not respond, then their fate will be that of the
      Soviets who fled from Afghanistan to deal with their military
      defeat, political breakup, ideological downfall, and economic
      bankruptcy.

      This is our message to the Americans, as an answer to theirs. Do
      they now know why we fight them and over which form of ignorance, by
      the permission of Allah, we shall be victorious?

      Forwarded by
      Welf Herfurth
      Readers

      If you omit the references to Islam and the Muslim religion, there
      is a lot in the above open Letter to America that the readers of
      this News Report would find that they agree with or at least can
      understand the other persons point of view.

      No wonder it has not been given much coverage in Western Media. It
      would get too many people thinking that they have a point.

      Regards

      The Editor
      nbaird@...

      Yahoo ads are not under WVNS control.