Israel to Nuke Germany?

  • World View <ummyakoub@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2003
      Palestine News Follows

      Israeli professor says "we could destroy all European capitals"

      Occupied Jerusalem: 1 February, 2003 (IAP News)

      An Israeli professor and military historian hinted that Israel could
      avenge the holocaust by annihilating millions of Germans and other
      Europeans. Speaking during an interview which was published in
      Jerusalem Friday, Professor Martin Van Crevel said Israel had the
      capability of hitting most European capitals with nuclear
      weapons. "We possess several hundred atomic warheads and rockets and
      can launch them at targets in all directions, perhaps even at Rome.
      Most European capitals are targets of our air force." Creveld, a
      professor of military history at the Hebrew University in Jerusalem,
      pointed out that "collective deportation" was Israel's only
      meaningful strategy towards the Palestinian people. "The Palestinians
      should all be deported. The people who strive for this (the Israeli
      government) are waiting only for the right man and the right time.
      Two years ago, only 7 or 8 per cent of Israelis were of the opinion
      that this would be the best solution, two months ago it was 33 per
      cent, and now, according to a Gallup poll, the figure is 44 percent."
      Creveld said he was sure that Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon
      wanted to deport the Palestinians. "I think it's quite possible that
      he wants to do that. He wants to escalate the conflict. He knows that
      nothing else we do will succeed."

      Asked if he was worried about Israel becoming a rouge state if it
      carried out a genocidal deportation against Palestinians, Creveld
      quoted former Israeli Defense Minister Moshe Dayan who said "Israel
      must be like a mad dog, too dangerous to bother." Creveld argued that
      Israel wouldn't care much about becoming a rouge state. "Our armed
      forces are not the thirtieth strongest in the world, but rather the
      second or third. We have the capability to take the world down with
      us. And I can assure you that that this will happen before Israel
      goes under."

      http://www.iap.org/
      Has the world forgotten the revelations made by Mordechai Vanunu, a
      former Israeli Nuclear Technician, in late 1986? Israel's nuclear
      program began in 1950's through the collaboration of French
      government with Israel (David Ben Gurion and Shimon Peres) to set up
      a Nuclear reactor and associated facilities in the Negev Desert,
      proclaimed in the beginning as a textile factory.

      But the U-2 Spy Plane photographs unraveled this mystery, for which
      some people believe John F. Kennedy lost his life, because he was
      about to disclose the real nature of this facility as determined from
      those aerial photographs. Later for many years Israel would not even
      allow any American government official to visit that place. But
      Vanunu before leaving that place had taken photographs of forbidden
      areas that the British authorities conformed as genuine pictures and
      estimated around that time that Israel had more than two hundred
      nuclear warheads and some were thermo-nuclear devices (aka hydrogen
      bombs).

      Here are important dates in Israel's Nuclear Program:

      1949: Visit to Israel of French nuclear scientist Francis Perrin.
      Israel discovers uranium in the Negev desert.

      1952: Creation of the Israeli Atomic Energy Commission (IAEC) under
      the authority of Defense Ministry. Development of Dostrovsky method
      for production of Heavy water.

      1953: Department of Nuclear Physics established at the Weizmann
      Institute. French-Israeli nuclear cooperation agreement.

      1955: First discussion of nuclear cooperation with South Africa.
      Start of U.S.-Israeli nuclear cooperation.

      1957: Secret agreement with France to build Dimona reactor (initially
      dubbed as textile factory) and plutonium separation plant.

      1958: Department of Nuclear Science established at the Israel
      Institute of Technology (Technion).

      1960: Research reactor at Nahal Soreq goes on line. Ben Gurion tells
      Kenesset about the Dimona reactor. 1963: Dimona reactor goes on line.
      Regular shipments of uranium from South Africa begin.

      1966: Levi Wshkol reorganizes Israel Atomic Energy Commission,
      Bergmann resigs as Chairman. Eshkol cuts a deal with President
      Johnson and freezes Israeli unclear program. Israeli nuclear test in
      Negev.

      1967: Degaulle severs ties with Israel. Moshe Dayan launches plans to
      accelerate Israel's nuclear program. 1968: Cabinet capitulates to
      Dayan's nuclear agenda. CIA suspects Israel of having nuclear weapons.

      1972: Technological breakthroughs made in uranium enrichment (laser
      method).

      1973: Golda Meier gives the order to arm nuclear warheads during Yom
      Kippur War.

      1976: South African President Vorster visits Israel; new nuclear
      agreement forged.

      1977: Israeli-South African test in in Kalahari desert detected by
      Soviet satellite and blocked by U.S. intervention.

      1979: Israeli-South African test off South Africa coast. VELA
      satellite (U.S.) records the explosion signature.

      1982: President Reagan sells advanced computers to Iraq.

      1. Gaffney, Mark, "DIMONA - The Third Temple? The Story Behind
      The Revelation," Amana Books, Brattleboro, VT 1989. ISBN 0-915597-77-
      2.

      2. Cohen, Avner, "Israel And The Bomb," Columbia University
      Press, New York, NY 1998. ISBN 0-231-10482-0.

      3. Kohn, Howard, "Who Killed Karen Silkwood?" Summit Books, New
      York, NY 1981. ISBN 0-671-43654-6 (pbk) [discusses the missing
      uranium from Kerr-McGee Plant in Oklahoma].

      4. Landau, Eli, and Eisenberg, Dennis, "Operation Uranium Ship,"
      Signet Book, New American Library, Time-Mirror, New York, NY 1977.

      5. Cockburn, Andrew & Leslie, "Dangerous Liaison: The Inside
      Story of The U.S.-Israeli Covert Relationship, " Harper Collins
      Publishers, New York, NY 1991. ISBN 0-06-016444-1. (discusses the
      missing Uranium from NUMEC plant in Apollo, PA).

      6. Toscano, Louis, "Triple Cross: Israel, The Bomb & The Man Who
      Spilled The Secrets," A Birchlane Press Book, Published by Carol
      Publishing Group, New York, NY 1990. ISBN 1-55972-028-x.

      7. Hersh, Seymour M., "The Samson Option: Israel's Nuclear
      Arsenal and American Foreign Policy," Random House, New York, NY
      1991. ISBN 0-394-57006-5

      It's not only that Israel has a large stockpile of nuclear weapons,
      but she also possesses a large stockpile of Chemical and Biological
      weapons. Thus all PEACE-LOVING people must stress upon the United
      Nations Weapons Inspection regime that all efforts should be made to
      send inspectors to Israel as she poses the greatest threat to PEACE
      not only to the Middle East but the entire world.

      Why should the West be partial in this regards to disarm Iraq only
      and not a state like Israel?

      B. A. Syed Member:
      Union of Concerned Scientists
      Fulbright and NSF/US-AEC Scholar

      CPTnet January 30, 2002
      HEBRON: Terrorists among the apples
      Art Gish

      All of Hebron was under total curfew today. As I walked up the street
      I soon realized there was trouble at Al Manara. I was horrified when
      I saw two tanks and two bulldozers leveling the two blocks of the
      produce market. Vegetables and fruits lay scattered and smashed
      everywhere, here in this city where many are hungry. Shop owners were
      scrambling to save boxes of tomatoes, oranges, bananas and other
      food.

      My first response was to just stand there, weeping and sobbing. The
      scene was so horrifying, so disgusting, so depraved. I could not
      emotionally bear it.

      The produce market was at Al Manara because the Israeli military
      closed the former produce market in response to the massacre of
      Muslims in the Ibrahimi Mosque in 1994. In every peace accord since
      then, Israel has promised to reopen the market and never done so.
      Israeli settlers now live in buildings that housed the vegetable
      stalls.

      I started carrying boxes of produce out of the way of the bulldozers
      and saved maybe twelve crates of produce from being crushed.

      I began confronting soldiers. I asked them if they were proud of what
      they were doing, if this is peace, if this is what they want Israel
      to become. The soldiers tried their best to ignore me, but I am sure
      they heard me. I ignored their commands for me to leave.

      Three soldiers aimed their guns at and moved toward a group of
      Palestinian bystanders. It looked to me like they were going to
      shoot. I quickly jumped in front of the soldiers with my hands raised
      and the soldiers immediately left.

      I then knelt in the street in prayer, with my hands raised. I felt
      alone, weak, helpless. I could only cry out to God.

      Later in the afternoon I went back to Al Manara and watched shop
      owners dig through the huge piles of rubble, trying to salvage what
      they could.

      The Israeli military had put all of Hebron under total curfew today,
      saying they were looking for terrorists. Now I wonder if there really
      were terrorists hidden among the apples and oranges. Or, are Israeli
      soldiers committing acts of terrorism against the civilian population
      of Hebron?

      I fear for what may come next.

      ***********************************
      7) 3 Killed 10 Injured in Tulkarem.

      From: "International Solidarity Movement"
      <ism-alerts@...>
      Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 16:03:20 +0200

      At 3pm yesterday Israeli undercover forces fired into a crowd of
      civilians in the area near Khodori Technical College, injuring 9
      people, 2 of which were critically wounded.

      As the crowd fled, the 2 critically injured men were forced to lie
      face down on the ground. One was Eyze Jabar, 27, who was linked to
      the Al-Aqsa Brigade and was the apparent target of the attack. The
      other was Baddeea Kakurah, 26, a sweet shop owner with no political
      affiliations.

      Witnesses reported to the ISM that both men were unarmed and executed
      by bullets fired into the backs of their heads.

      The soldiers then drove around Tulkarem, firing rubber bullets at
      children who threw stones at them and taking prisoner between 14 and
      30 Palestinians.

      At 2.15 this morning Israeli soldiers also shot a 20 year old unarmed
      man in the arm and back while he stood in front of his home in
      Tulkarem Refugee Camp. The shots were fired from a neighboring house
      which the soldiers had secretly occupied during the night.

      When the ambulance sent to retrieve the man arrived at Tulkarem
      Hospital it was rear ended by an Israeli Army jeep. The soldiers in
      the jeep then dismounted and assaulted the driver by punching him in
      the face repeatedly before forcing him to follow them to their
      headquarters.

      At the headquarters the soldiers beat the man again and threatened to
      kill him while the wounded man was transferred to an Israeli
      ambulance which took him to a hospital in Israel.
      Qalqilya: 800 Olive Trees Uprooted from Kufer Thulth - 2000 trees
      face similar fate

      Hear Palestine - Feb 1, 2003

      The Israeli occupation army today uprooted over 800 olive trees from
      the town of Kufer Thulth in Qalqilya, for the purpose of what is
      referred to by the Israeli occupation regime as the "Isolation Wall".

      Israeli bulldozers at noon uprooted 822 olive trees in the area
      between Kufer Thulth town and Azoun, northeast Qalqilya. Over 2000
      olive trees face similar threats under the same pretext.

      Israeli bulldozers are in the process of constructing a road 2 km
      long and 100 meters wide for the same purpose, which threatens to
      destroy hundreds of dunums of land and to isolate thousands of more
      dunums to the other side of the wall.

      Qalqilya City continues to be placed under tight military siege. The
      residents are prevented from entering or leaving the city. Occupation
      soldiers based at the only entrance to the city held dozens of people
      at noon today for several hours under humiliating measures and
      prevented them from crossing.

      The Qalqilya-Nablus continues to be closed and farmers prevented from
      reaching their land.
      Two Palestinians escape from Israeli concentration camp in West Bank

      Occupied Jerusalem: 21 January, 2003 (IAP News)

      Two Palestinian internees succeeded on Tuesday in escaping from an
      Israeli army concentration camp near Ramallah, Palestinian and
      Israeli sources said.

      The sources said that the two internees made a gap into the fence of
      the Ufer concentration camp through which they escaped.

      The Israeli army described the two internees as "terrorists", the
      label Israel uses when referring to all Palestinian resistance
      activists fighting Israeli military occupation of the Palestinian
      homeland.

      Following the incident, the Israeli army imposed a hermetic lockdown
      on hundreds of thousands of Palestinian civilians in the central part
      of the West Bank.

      Palestinian sources said Israeli tanks and armored personnel carriers
      were provocatively patrolling the streets of Palestinian towns and
      opening fire into the ether, apparently to terrorize civilians.

      There are at least five large concentration camps in Israel proper
      and the West Bank in which thousands of Palestinian internees are
      incarcerated in squalid and appalling conditions.

      The largest and most notorious of these concentration camps is
      called "Ketzeot" and is located in the Negev desert not far from the
      Egyptian borders.
      Israeli army dynamites four bridges in Gaza
      GAZA CITY, Jan 25: Israeli forces dyamited four road overpasses on
      Saturday, isolating the northern Gaza Strip town of Beit Hanun
      after rockets were fired on Israeli territory from the area a day
      earlier, Palestinian and Israeli military sources said.

      That followed a vow by Defense Minister Shaul Mofaz on Friday to
      carry out a string of operations to "shake up" the area following
      the rocket attacks.....(AFP)

      http://www.dawn.com/cgi-bin/dina.pl?file=top18.htm&date=20030126

      American-supplied Israeli apache helicopters attack Gaza Church,
      leave widespread destruction

      Gaza City: 25 January, 2003 (IAP News)

      America-supplied Israeil apache helicopter gunships have attacked an
      Anglican Church in the heart of the Gaza Strip, inflicting
      widespread destruction and causing the death of at least two
      persons. We have received the following report on the latest Israeli
      crime:

      There is broken glass everywhere; on the floors, covering the tables,
      covering papers, on beds. The Christian leaders of Gaza have
      gathered to offer their support and condemn the bombing of St.
      Philip's Episcopal Church, located within the Ahli Arab Hospital
      compound. The Church is in the center of the hospital complex, and
      surrounded by buildings flying the Red Cross and Anglican flags.
      All day a steady flow of friends and visitors came to ay `Illhamdillah
      Salameh', `thank God you are safe.'

      At about 2:15 last night, Dr. Salah, Ahli Arab Hospital's physician
      on call, awoke to the sound of an explosion in the distance. The
      next explosion was nearer and louder, and the electricity failed.
      Within the next few minutes he saw the distinctive light of a missile
      approaching. As he lay in his third floor bed, he watched as the
      missile passed within 10 meters of his head and hit St. Philip's
      Church. It came slowly, and he describes `the storm of wind and
      glass passing like a train through his bedroom'. There was glass
      everywhere; in his bed, in his hair, covering the floor.

      An elderly woman had arrived at the emergency room, just prior to the
      attack. She came because she was terrified, and was suffering from
      high blood pressure. The doctor began to examine her and just then
      the missile hit next door, and throwing him to the ground. It took a
      few minutes for the electrical generator to come on, and by the time
      he was able to get to her, she had died. `She died of fear.'

      Built at the turn of the last century, St. Philip's Episcopal Church
      was reconsecrated in 1996, by Bishops Samir Kafity and Riah Abu El-
      Assal, in the presence of the Archbishop of Canterbury, Dr. George
      Carey; The Presiding Bishop of the US, Edmund Browning, and thirty-
      four other Primates of the Anglican Communion, along with President
      Arafat. It's century old stained class windows were shattered, and
      crystal from it's chandeliers littered the floor. The missile entered
      through the roof, and left a meter wide hole in the floor. The
      alter was covered with plaster and a nearby hymnal pierced with
      shrapnel. Suhaila Tarazi, Ahli director, said `we collected money
      from so many individuals who supported the renovation of the Church,
      and in a minute it is gone.' The building was structurally
      reinforced with the remodeling, but it is an old building, and the
      walls showed numerous deep cracks.

      The destruction did not stop with the Church. The Pediatric Clinics
      were damaged as well, with the collapse of the false ceiling and
      ventilation system. Throughout the hospital; the physical therapy
      building, the staff accommodations, the laboratory, medical records,
      the morgue, the library – glass littered the floors, windows were
      broken, doors separated from their frames by the force of the blast.
      The damage to the hospital is extensive, and many more old buildings
      showed structural cracks. Boys from the neighborhood collected
      shrapnel.

      Everyone at the Hospital today spoke about why this happened. No one
      could imagine it was an accident. The area surrounding the Church
      was covered with the wire filaments that come from guided missiles.
      Hospital employees pointed out that they are nowhere near other
      apartment buildings, government or military facilities. Consensus
      was that this was a precisely targeted attack, how could it be
      otherwise? Apache helicopters had not only fired the missile, they
      had returned to film the results of their attack. These were shown
      on early morning Israeli television.

      Dr. Salah continued, `Ahli Arab Hospital is like a small family, we
      all feel connected. I have been through so many attacks, but never
      imagined our hospital would be hit, or the Church. It is a holy
      place. We are strong, we will survive. The hospital is running and
      it is going to continue to run for a long time.'

      Dr. Nabila, an internist, is Ahli's only female physician. Last
      night tanks surrounded her family's four story apartment building.
      They were given five minutes to evacuate, leaving with only the
      nightclothes they wore. The entire neighborhood was evacuated.
      Those who specialize in destruction then entered to plant vacuum
      bombs, which destroyed the building with such force that cement
      blocks are scattered over a kilometer. Today the streets are filled
      with neighbors and friends who are staring at the destruction, while
      children gather to look.

      Suhaila Tarazi moved through the different buildings of the hospital,
      shaking hands, accepting words of support from the steady stream of
      visitors, staff and neighbors. `God forgive them they do not know
      what they are doing. Despite this we will continue our mission of
      love and peace to all people. I call upon our friends, all over the
      world, to keep us in your prayers and help us to overcome this
      tragedy. To work hard with us, because I am sure that one day peace
      will prevail.'

      Yahoo ads are not under WVNS control.