HUMAN SHIELDS FOR IRAQ

  • World View <ummyakoub@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2003
      HUMAN SHIELDS FOR IRAQ

      Objectives: To place innocent American citizens at strategic
      locations across Baghdad in hopes of forestalling an American attack
      on innocent Iraqi civilians.

      Our true objective is to prevent a devastating repeat of the 1991
      Gulf Way and to remind Americans and their government of the hundreds
      of thousands of innocent lives that could be lost to American bullets
      and bombs.

      Logistics: Each participant must obtain a valid passport. We will
      provide further information on how to secure the proper travel visas.
      Although we will travel as a group, each person must cover their own
      travel and lodging expenses. We will work with other peace groups and
      with several Iraqi nongovernmental organizations to secure lodging in
      Iraq. We will likely stay at or near strategic locations, such as
      hospitals, orphanages, shelters and power facilities.

      Please take care of your personal affairs here in the United States.
      For instance, prepare a legal will and also contact relatives and
      friends to let them know of your intentions.

      Travel: We will leave for Iraq sometime after the middle of February.
      Plan to stay at least a couple of weeks.

      Because we cannot fly into Iraq, we will fly into Amman, Jordan, and
      travel by car to Iraq.

      More information: Final plans for dates of travel will be made Feb.
      10. Please contact Badi Ali at (336) 508-0012 for more information.

      Yahoo ads are not under WVNS control.