$1 Billion "Lost" in Iraq

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3, 2004
      The War On Waste:

      "According to some estimates we cannot track $2.3 trillion in
      transactions," Rumsfeld admitted. $2.3 trillion — that's $8,000 for
      every man, woman and child in America.

      http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2002/01/29/eveningnews/printable325985.
      shtml

      ===

      US Treasury Missing $ Trillions :

      "We reported that DoD processed $1.1 trillion in unsupported
      accounting entries to DoD Component financial data used to prepare
      departmental reports and DoD financial statements for FY 2000."
      http://www.whereisthemoney.org/

      ===

      Audit says $1 billion went astray in Iraq:

      U.S. civilian authorities in Baghdad failed to keep good track of
      nearly $1 billion in Iraqi money
      http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/nation/2709580

      ===

      Iraq Funds Are Focus of 27 Criminal Inquiries:

      A comprehensive examination of the U.S.-led agency that oversaw the
      rebuilding of Iraq has triggered at least 27 criminal investigations
      and produced evidence of millions of dollars' worth of fraud, waste
      and abuse

      http://news.yahoo.com/news?
      tmpl=story&u=/latimests/20040730/ts_latimes/iraqfundsarefocusof27crimi
      nalinquiries

      http://tinyurl.com/4fkzn