Al-Qaeda denial - statement excerpts

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 6 7:34 AM
      Al-Qaeda denial - statement excerpts
      Wednesday, 3 March, 2004, 18:30 GMT

      Bomb attack in Karbala: al-Qaeda deny any role

      A letter purporting to come from al-Qaeda denied on
      Wednesday any role in anti-Shia explosions in Iraq
      that killed scores of people.

      The letter, signed "Abu Hafs al-Masri Brigades
      (al-Qaeda)", was sent to the London-based al-Quds
      al-Arabi newspaper. Following are key excerpts:

      Today a great misfortune has happened and is part of
      the US conspiracy to ignite the fire of sedition
      between the Muslims in Iraq. The US forces today
      perpetrated a massacre to kill the innocent Shias in
      their polytheist city of Karbala and in Baghdad.

      The Americans are trying to attribute these actions to
      the mujahideen of al-Qaeda who have inflicted pain and
      suffering on the United States in Iraq and elsewhere.
      The United States wants to distort the image of the
      mujahideen.

      And we are today telling all Muslims that we
      disassociate ourselves from this action and
      disassociate ourselves from what the Shia Muslims
      worship other than Allah.

      So that our aims are clear to everyone, we are
      striking the American crusaders and their allies. We
      are striking the Iraqi police, the agents and lackeys
      of the United States and the club with which it is
      striking the mujahideen in Iraq.

      We are striking the agents of the United States in the
      council of unbelief that is called the Governing
      Council and the Sunnis and Shias in their orbit.

      Oh heroic people of Iraq. The mujahideen are a people
      who love Allah and His Messenger and only do what
      pleases Allah, and they do not slay such life as Allah
      has made sacred, except for just cause.

      This includes the heretic Shia groups that do not
      insult the companions of Muhammad, may the peace and
      blessings of Allah be upon him, and do not contravene
      the Koran and do not tamper with Allah's shari'ah...

      Beware!! The United States wants you to help it
      against the mujahideen and the mujahideen want you to
      turn the tables against it and to declare war on the
      United States.

      Come on, rise with your brother mujahideen against the
      idol of the age, the United States...

      BBC Monitoring, based in Caversham in southern
      England, selects and translates information from
      radio, television, press, news agencies and the
      Internet from 150 countries in more than 70 languages.

      -------
      Mar. 04, 2004
      http://www.antiimperialista.com/en/view.shtml?
      category=9&id=1078434317&keyword=+

      Cui bono?

      Only the US and Israel benefit from the attacks on
      Shiite worshippers

      As we neither have police nor intelligence apparatuses
      at our disposal, we are not able to detect the
      perpetrators of the recent attacks on Shiite
      worshippers in the Iraqi towns of Kerbala and Baghdad
      on March 2, 2004.

      But one thing we know for sure: to incite a sectarian
      conflict and to instigate a civil war is first of all
      in the interest of the occupants. Thus they could
      split the resistance and furthermore tell the world
      that their military presence would be necessary to
      avoid further bloodshed.

      Since the inception of the occupation the US and their
      media apparatus is talking about the alleged danger of
      a civil war between Shia and Sunna. This was in
      blatant contrast to the reality on the ground. On all
      level there have been signs of unity of the Arab
      Iraqis against the Anglo-American occupants. Ramadan
      was observed commonly. There were no major conflicts
      or even killings reported. Even those forces who
      strive to give the future state an Islamic imprint
      stress the necessity to make it acceptable for both
      denominations. And although the resistance forces are
      stronger in the Sunni milieu they have also roots
      within the Shiite people.

      The US tries to display two completely separate
      "ethnic" entities. Actually Shiite and Sunni are both
      Arab and regard themselves first of all to be part of
      the Iraqi nation and secondly also of the Arab nation.
      While the religious denominations have historic
      significance and do impact on politics, it is not
      given that they will constitute two political
      entities.

      This will also depend on the development of the
      resistance which tries by all means to unify the
      entire Iraqi nation against the occupants –while the
      occupants attempt to divide the nation to better rule
      it.

      It is astonishing that only some weeks earlier the US
      had published a letter ascribed to Al-Qeada which
      contained a blueprint of a concept of civil war. Like
      in a film script the announced bombs exploded
      according to the rules of media warfare. Furthermore
      it should not go unnoticed that Al-Qeada has taken
      distance from the attacks and refused any involvement.

      Within Iraq all relevant forces including religious
      leaders from both sides and first of all the
      resistance have denounced the attacks and blamed it on
      the US and Israel. Awni al-Kalemji, spokesman of the
      Iraqi Patriotic Alliance, said yesterday in a
      telephone interview that we are dealing with a
      conspiracy of the enemy. "But the imperialists will
      not succeed. Both Sunni and Shiite contributed to the
      unity of our people by massively donating blood." And
      Ahmed Karim of the Iraqi Communist Democratic Current
      said: "There are foreign fingers implicated. Whoever
      perpetrated the attacks is doing it in the interest of
      the US with the aim to make Iraqis fight each other.
      But our people are aware of that danger and will not
      let themselves be incited."

      In Iraq there is a liberation war, not a civil war!