Encounter with Netanyahu

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2002
      Encounter with Netanyahu

      My encounter with Benjamin Netenyahu. Will America ever learn?
      by Ather Masood, Chicago

      On Thusday, November 21, 2002 the Associated press reported how $10
      billion dollars going to Israel. This is in addition to $2.9 billion
      in loans and direct grants. The report goes on to say "There is no
      cost to the U.S. if Israel repays, since Israel never defaults a
      loan." ("Israel Eyes Up to $10B in U.S." Aid By Dan Perry Associated
      Press.)

      The rationale for this increase is that Israel economy been
      shattered by the terrorist attacks and a possbile war with Iraq.
      Indeeed President Bush goes on to say:

      "Terror has affected the Israeli economy.We've got great confidence
      in the Israeli economy, because we've got great confidence in the
      Israeli people,'' Bush told reporters at the time. ``I'm convinced
      that the economy will be strong.'' (Perry, Associated Press)Mr. Bush
      however, makes no comment about loans and grants going to Israel.

      The truth of the matter is that back in March, Benjamin Netenyahu
      came to D.C. and asked for more money. Back in March a large pro-
      Israeli rally was held in D.C. During the rally Mr. Netenyahu spoke
      about the need for increase aid to Israel. He made it abundantly
      clear that Congress would support his request. Now we are seeing
      these requests being fulfilled.

      Back in March I attended a private gathering of distinguished
      guests in the Washington D.C. area. Mr. Netenyahu was also one of
      the people who was asked to make a brief speech. For about 20
      minutes Mr. Netenyahu talked about how bad Palestinians are and how
      good Israelis were. Among the guests were several "Arab and Muslim."
      leaders who kept clapping to anything and everything. The mere sight
      of this was quite shocking to me.

      After the discussion I got the chance to speak with Mr. Netneyahu.
      Our
      conversasion went something like this:

      Ather: Good evening Mr. Netenyahu your comments greatly interested
      me.

      Mr. Netenyahu: Thank you very much. It's important to speak out
      against
      terrorism. I believe America, Israel, and India will be great
      partners on the war against Terrorism world-wide.

      Ather: And what type of Terrorism are you speaking of? You mean what
      the IDF are doing everyday in Falasteen?

      Mr. Netenyahu: (Startled look) Excuse me? I beg your pardon but the
      IDF is defending the lives of innocent Israeli citizens.

      Ather: I challenge you right here and right now to a debate over
      Israel and Falasteen. I am not a diplomat but an ordinary American
      citizen who
      questions your policies with Palestinian People.

      Mr. Netneyahu: (Benevolent looking smile)These matters are very
      complex. You would not be able to understand what we face in Israel
      everyday.

      Ather: What are you afraid of? I have no friends in this room. They
      are all your people. If you have a legitimate concern prove it to
      me, in front of all your friends. Come on let's do it. Right here,
      right now.

      Other person Present: Yes why don't you debate Ather? Prove your
      point.
      There are no media representatives here. You have nothing to worry
      about.

      Mr. Netenyahu's bodyguard (very angry at me) It's time for us to
      leave. You are being very abusive to the former prime minister. It's
      time for you to leave.

      Ather: Excuse you, I am not going anywhere bub. As an American
      citizen I have a right to question Mr. Netneyahu. You are using my
      taxes to kill people.

      Mr. Netenyahu's second bodyguard: I think it's time for us to move
      on. Move the f... out of the way. (Being shoved as Mr. Netenyahu
      moves away as far as possible.)

      Ather: If you put your hand on me i'm going to smack your face.

      Unidentified individual: Okay Okay let's take it easy. (both parties
      being separated) Mr. Netenyahu is our guest and let us all play by
      the rules.

      With this we were both asked to move away from each other. Several
      people approached Mr. Ntenyahu to ask him further questions.
      ---------------------------------
      WHAT CAN AMERICA DO WITH $10 BILLION DOLLARS?
      1. America has yet to pay African-Americans for four-hundred and
      fourty one years of slavery. Why are wet not using this money to
      begin addressing this matter?

      2. Legal immigrants have yet to be given amnesty and general
      healthcare in thie country. The number of "slave" or "cheap" labor
      is so much and yet we use not money to address such problems.

      3. Spain just created one the largets ecological disasters off its
      coast. Thousands of gallons of crude oil has spoiled the fishing and
      seafaring industry between Spain and Morocco. Why is the world
      ignoring a catastrophe effecting humans, animals, and the
      environment? Why can we not use this $10 billion to clean up this
      mess?

      4. Why can we not use $10 billion to further dialouge between
      nations,
      instead of killing people in Falasteen? Or for that matter anywhere
      else? American foreign policy continues to support tyrants
      everywhere. Why?

      It is our responsibility to question where taxes are going. To fund
      nations, such as Israel, violates any call for rational thinking by
      Congress. IT IS NOT RATIONAL to fund Israel when Amercia still has
      plenty of problems to deal with in it's own backyard.

      Yahoo ads are not under WVNS control.