Gilad Atzmon On 'World Peace'

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 6, 2003
      Balance of Power by Gilad Atzmon

      Intro by Israel Shamir

      Israel and its supporters declared Iran being their next target, for
      this country considers to obtain nuclear weapons. An article at the
      end gives details of the US-Israel plans to do to Iran what they did
      to Iraq: sanctions, isolation, and eventually attack. European states
      agreed to assume a less-than-honorable job of banderilleros, in order
      to prepare the Persian bull for the American coup-de-grace.
      We have two options in our approach - we may claim that it is not
      proven that Iran wants to possess nuclear weapons; this approach was
      tried concerning Iraq, and failed. The second approach is proposed
      now by a friend of this list, Gilad Atzmon: Yes to Nuclear Armament
      of Iran. This position appears a better one; as long as Israel
      possesses nuclear weapons, it is the only reasonable one. Indeed, as
      we all know today, Iraq never presented any threat to the US. If
      it were, Americans would never attack it, as they did not attack USSR,
      Japan, Germany or China. The great superpower has a heart of hyena: it
      attacks only small and vulnerable enemies. The Americans never
      learned to fight their own weight. Like vicious punks, they are used
      to kick weak and defenceless, lying down, preferably tied-up
      adversary. Their cowardice and lack of chivalry are exemplified by
      their attack on a tiny island of Granada, on poorest Afghanistan and
      Sudan, on defenceless Panama. It is not coincidence they are the best
      friends of Israel, this world leader in child murder.

      That is why, paradoxically, the best protection for the world's peace
      lays in proliferation of the nuclear weapons. Once, while the Soviet
      Union acted as a protector and guarantor of the Third World, it was
      not necessary. In those days, one could marsh for nuclear
      disarmament. But now, the nations of the world must go nuclear, in
      order to regain the deterrence.

      If Iraq would have an arsenal of A-bombs, this beautiful country
      would not be occupied. For the countries of the Middle East, for
      Iran, Saudi Arabia and Egypt it is the right time to co-operate.
      Despite their differences, they have one thing in common: they are
      targeted by the Jewish Lobby, vide the Murawiec's affair.

      One country, singled out by Bush and his Zionist speechwriters
      as 'Axis of Evil', understood it first. North Korea succeeded to
      develop its own nuclear weapons. The US representatives demanded from
      Korea to disarm for it is difficult to destroy a nuclear power.
      Koreans rightly refised.

      Now, the US promotes the question of inspectors to be sent to Iran.
      Under American pressure, the leading powers gave up the discussion
      whether it is justified or even useful. We should renew this
      discussion. Until the UN inspectors will be allowed to visit Dimona
      and Ness Tsiona, until the Israeli arsenal of WMD is dismantled,
      there is no reason to single out Iran or Korea. The countries of the
      Third World should leave the Non-Proliferation Treaty, as it does not
      protect them anymore.

      About 'World Peace' -Gilad Atzmon

      Now, when it is beyond doubt that the Anglo-American (the English
      speaking world) 'war against terror' is leading to self-defeat, there
      is one simple strategic alternative that would make this planet a
      much safer place. The first lesson one learns when attending an
      introductory course in international affairs is that the balance of
      power and the power of deterrence are the most crucial ingredients
      for peace. The cold war showed this. America and USSR never engaged
      in a direct conflict. They simply had too much to lose.

      If 'world peace' is our main concern, we must achieve a balance of
      power, we must let the oppressed people of this world have access to
      the most advanced weaponry. If the Palestinians, for example, were
      equipped with the latest anti air missiles, anti tank missiles,
      cluster bombes and cruise missiles, there would be no need for
      foreign intervention in the Israeli/Palestinian conflict. The
      Palestinian militant would not have to carry out any martyrdom
      operations in the centre of Tel Aviv. Like the Mujahideen who crashed
      the Soviet army and the Vietcong who defeated the Americans, the
      Palestinian would punish the Israeli soldiers and concentrate solely
      on them. They would shoot down the Jewish combat airplanes and would
      destroy the Israeli tanks as soon as they entered the Gaza strip.
      Soon the Jewish state would have to pursue every possible option to
      achieve peace with the Palestinian people while addressing
      the 'Palestinian right of return'.

      Balance of power is the only key to peace. Islamic militants, when
      equipped with the right weaponry, would concentrate on Anglo-American
      military targets. They would never kill civilians or attack what the
      Americans call 'soft targets'. The Islamic struggle is about
      liberation not about bloodthirstiness. It isn't about a culture clash
      or about war against our values. Anyway, the only values we have
      are 'market values', basically the price of oil. We can't fool
      ourselves anymore. In the age of 'Guantanamo Bay' and continuous
      killing of thousands of Iraqi and Afghani civilians, we cannot claim
      to have 'values' to defend.

      If Islamic militants could practically endanger our existence we
      would have to listen to them with great respect. We would then have
      to look for a genuine means towards reconciliation. I suggest that
      we allow the Iranians to be as nuclear as we are, we leave Syria
      alone, we must help the Palestinians become as armed as their Israeli
      enemy. We should be living in a world that embraces the notion
      of 'balance of power'. I assume that the key to peace therefore is to
      dismantle the hegemony of America, Britain and Israel. There are
      different ways to achieve such an aim. Supporting the strength of the
      European Union is an obvious one, opposing America and Israel is
      another. In all this, the impeachment of Mr Blair and Bush is
      necessary. We can not anymore expect those evils to have enough
      dignity to resign.

      http://www.gilad.co.uk

      --------------------------------
      Israel: Iran is now danger No. 1

      US, Britain, France, and Germany threatened Iran on Monday with
      sanctions over its nuclear program.

      By Nicole Gaouette
      Staff writer of The Christian Science Monitor

      JERUSALEM - Even as the US and European nations press Iran harder to
      comply with international law on its nuclear program, Israel is
      moving ahead with its own program to check its powerful Middle
      Eastern neighbor.

      Israel is working on a wide range of measures to undermine Iran's
      nuclear program, with senior leaders hinting that Israel may take
      preemptive action if that is deemed necessary. Analysts here suggest
      that action may include a strike similar to Israel's 1981 attack on
      Iraq's Osirak reactor.

      The Israeli initiative includes political, military, and intelligence
      wings of government and dovetails with US efforts to contain Iran
      within the framework of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA).

      The effort reflects the widespread assessment here that Iran poses a
      greater threat than Iraq has for the past decade and is gaining
      nuclear expertise more quickly than the US estimates.

      "Iran has a clandestine [nuclear] program that is very ambitious,"
      says Uzi Arad, director of the Institute of Policy and Strategy in
      Herzilya. "That country thinks big and fast and ... poses a threat
      that is very real. Should it acquire nuclear weapons or even come
      close, it would completely alter the Middle East. It's a very ominous
      threat."

      Analysts here argue that the prospect of a nuclear Iran would:

      . Threaten Israeli, US, and European security.

      *. Harden Arab positions in any future peace negotiations.

      . Increase militancy and embolden hard-liners.

      . Destabilize the Gulf area.

      . And encourage other countries, such as Saudi Arabia and Libya, to
      follow suit. History of Iranian concealmentThe US, Britain, France,
      and Germany say that Iran has been concealing nuclear research for
      the past 18 years in pursuit of nuclear weapons, despite signing the
      Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty (NPT) in 1970.

      On Monday, the four nations agreed on a strongly worded IAEA
      resolution promoted by the US that threatens the possibility of UN
      sanctions should Iran continue to violate its agreements.

      The US charges that Iran is also developing chemical and biological
      weapons, though the country is party to conventions curbing them.
      Furthermore, both the US and Israel say that Iran is trying to extend
      the range of its missiles, which could be used to develop such
      weapons.

      Already, the 810-mile reach of Iran's Shahab-3 missile puts Israel
      and US forces in the region in striking range. The US charges that
      Iran will probably try to develop missiles capable of hitting Western
      Europe or the US itself.

      Iran has admitted to concealing aspects of its atomic energy program,
      but says it is pursuing alternate energy sources, a claim the State
      Department dismissed as "simply not credible."

      In testimony to the US-Israeli Joint Parliamentary Committee in
      September, State Department official Paula DeSutter said, "The impact
      of a nuclear-armed Iran in an already volatile region cannot be
      underestimated. As President Bush had made clear, that cannot be
      allowed to happen."

      Israeli officials have echoed that declaration. In November, Israeli
      media reported that Defense Minister Shaul Mofaz, on a trip to
      Washington, told US officials that "under no circumstances would
      Israel be able to abide by nuclear weapons in Iranian possession."

      'Existential threat' to Israel?

      Meir Dagan, director of Israel's external intelligence agency, the
      Mossad, told a parliamentary committee this month that Iran posed
      an "existential threat" to Israel, according to the Yedioth Ahronoth
      newspaper. He reportedly assured committee members that Israel could
      deal with this threat.

      Like the US, Israel estimates that Iran is three to four years away
      from building a nuclear bomb. But Israel believes that in 2004, Iran
      will reach the point at which their nuclear program cannot be stopped.

      On the same US trip, Mr. Mofaz told a pro-Israeli lobby group that a
      nuclear Iran was "intolerable."

      "The implicit message of his statements was that if the Iranian
      nuclear program is not stopped in the next number of months, Israel
      will have to take action of its own - perhaps even to attack - to
      prevent nuclear weapons from falling into Iranian hands," analyst
      Amir Rappaport wrote in the Ma'ariv newspaper.

      It would not be the first time Israel has taken preemptive action
      against a perceived threat. In 1981, Israeli fighter jets launched a
      successful surprise attack on Iraq's Osirak reactor, destroying it.A
      push against Iran on all frontsIn the meantime, Israeli Prime
      Minister Ariel Sharon has upgraded Israel's efforts against Iran's
      nuclear program by putting all related committees under Mr. Dagan's
      command. Mr. Sharon himself will head a ministerial committee.

      In this multipronged effort, Israel's foreign ministry will launch a
      diplomatic campaign to persuade other countries to work against Iran's
      nuclear program. The Mossad will work with foreign intelligence
      agencies, the National Security Council will work with the US-Israeli
      Joint Committee, and Israel's atomic energy body will focus on
      technical aspects of Iran's program and work with the IAEA.

      Israel's concern about Iran stems from the country's proximity, its
      longstanding hostility to Israel, and its support for groups like
      Lebanese Hizbullah, Hamas, and Islamic Jihad.

      While these groups launch attacks on Israel and its citizens with
      Iranian support, some analysts here say there remains the potential
      for direct confrontation between the nations of Iran and Israel.

      Zeev Maghen, a senior research associate at Bar Ilan University near
      Tel Aviv who studies Iran, disagrees, but he acknowledges, "The
      amount of hostility that has built up in the world in general, and
      the Islamic world in particular, against my country might push
      someone over the edge."

      "We're the pariah country," Mr. Maghen adds.

      A nuclear Iran would also erode Israel's strategic edge. Israel's
      military, the world's 14th largest by budget, according to the Center
      for Defense Information, is vastly superior to any of its Middle East
      counterparts. Israel is also widely understood to have an arsenal of
      nuclear and other weapons, though officials deny this. It is not a
      signatory to the NPT.

      "Israel has kept an ambiguous posture about this," says Mr. Arad, "but
      clearly, should Iran become nuclear, it would clearly be an adverse
      development. The country supports terrorism, has taken a militant line
      against the peace process, is hostile to the US, and is active in
      anti-American attacks [in Iraq]. It clearly poses a very serious
      threat to everybody."