Despite shortcomings, Muslims Most Civilised in the World
- Despite shortcomings, Muslims Most Civilised in the World -2
Dr Javed Jamil
As discussed in the previous chapter, only certain forms of violence attract the attention of the world media. We will first discuss the issue of homicides. Certain kinds of murders receive immediate attention of the international organisations and media. Obviously these murders are related to the practices that Westernism accepts or promotes or are a threat to Western interests. If the murder happens to be related to illicit relationships including honour killings, killings of sexual perverts like gays, or murders related to religion will be highlighted in the media. There will be huge hue and cry and the international institutions will come into picture with condemnation and call for severe punishment to the culprits. If a rapist or murderer is punished with death sentence by any court, again the international condemnation will be severe and every effort will be made to stop the death sentence. Of course if the culprit happens to be a Saddam or Osama, his execution will be hailed as"triumphs" of peace and justice.
If the murdered is neither a gay nor a lesbian nor a person having sexual relationships unacceptable to particular societies, he will have no sympathy at all. But the truth remains that while the categories of murders related to "high profile" category are not more than hundreds a year, the number of ordinary, straightforward victims of murderous assaults is in millions. These huge numbers of murders are of course the direct effect of the judicial and social system that New World Order has established.
More than 2 million murders take place worldwide everywhere. In US alone, more than 200,000 people are assaulted with murderous intents every year (more than 18,000 are killed).
Top fifty countries in terms of the rate of murders:
1. Colombia 0.63 per 1000 people
2. South Africa 0.51 per 1000 people
3. Jamaica 0.32 per 1000 people
4. Venezuela 0.32 per 1000 people
5. Russia 0.19 per 1000 people
6. Mexico 0.13 per 1000 people
7. Lithuania 0.10 per 1000 people
8. Estonia 0.10 per 1000 people
9. Latvia 0.10 per 1000 people
10. Belarus 0.09 per 1000 people
11. Ukraine 0.09 per 1000 people
12. Papua New Guinea 0.08 per 1000 people
13. Kyrgyzstan 0.08 per 1000 people
14. Thailand 0.07 per 1000 people
15. Moldova 0.07 per 1000 people
16. Zambia 0.07 per 1000 people
17. Seychelles 0.07 per 1000 people
18. Zimbabwe 0.07 per 1000 people
19. Costa Rica 0.06 per 1000 people
20. Poland 0.05 per 1000 people
21. Georgia 0.04 per 1000 people
22. Uruguay 0.04 per 1000 people
23. Bulgaria 0.04 per 1000 people
24. United States 0.04 per 1000 people
25. Armenia 0.03 per 1000 people
26. Yemen 0.03 per 1000 people
27. India 0.03 per 1000 people
28. Azerbaijan 0.02 per 1000 people
29. Dominica 0.02 per 1000 people
30. Finland 0.02 per 1000 people
31. Slovakia 0.02 per 1000 people
32. Romania 0.02 per 1000 people
33. Portugal 0.02 per 1000 people
34. Malaysia 0.02 per 1000 people
35. Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of 0.02 per 1000 people
36. Mauritius 0.02 per 1000 people
37. Hungary 0.02 per 1000 people
38. Korea, South 0.01 per 1000 people
39. Slovenia 0.01 per 1000 people
40. Iceland 0.01 per 1000 people
41. France 0.01 per 1000 people
42. Czech Republic 0.01 per 1000 people
43. Australia 0.01 per 1000 people
44. Canada 0.01 per 1000 people
45. Chile 0.01 per 1000 people
46. United Kingdom 0.01 per 1000 people
47. Italy 0.01 per 1000 people
48. Spain 0.01 per 1000 people
49. Germany 0.01 per 1000 people
50. New Zealand 0.01 per 1000 people
Source: Seventh United Nations Survey of Crime Trends and Operations of Criminal Justice Systems (United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime, Centre for International Crime Prevention)
The list tells that most of the countries listed are predominantly Christian countries including the bastions of the Western World: US, UK, France, Germany, South Africa, Canada and Australia. Though Muslim countries form one third of the total number of countries, only three Muslim countries, Yemen, Malaysia and Azerbaijan (that has more of a communist than Islamic history) appear in the list. There are no Saudi Arabia, Iran, Pakistan, Turkey, Egypt and Indonesia, the countries that are supposed to be the biggest representatives of the Islamic world. Malaysia appears at the lower end. Obviously the murder rates in these countries as well as other Islamic countries are extraordinarily low. Most of the 60 odd Muslim countries occupy places in the last eighty countries. Kuwait and Saudi Arabia have traditionally been the lowest crime prone countries though the latter has witnessed some rise in crime rate recently. Not only the US has one of the highest crime rates among the major countries, Washington and New York alternately continue to earn the epithets of "the crime capital" of the world. This is despite the fact that the US has the most developed legal machinery with maximum number of policemen and lawyers per 1000 population. A US website copyrighted by The Father's Manifesto makes mockery of the legal system of the US by citing several important statistics. Some of its observations are worth reproducing here:
" We have 60 times as many lawyers as Japan, which has 4 times as many engineers as us .. one of the most incredible accomplishments of American lawyers was to attain the undisputed world's highest incarceration rate at the very same time that they attained the world's third highest murder rate, something that an effective justice system would have a difficult time justifying. If incarceration is an effective deterrent to crime, then why should both our incarceration and murder rates have increased more than ten fold in parallel with each other during the 20th Century? If we had a high incarceration rate but a low murder rate, then the high incarceration rate would be justified. Or if we had a low incarceration rate but a high murder rate, then it could be argued that the high murder rate was the direct result of our low incarceration rate. But when both rates increased in parallel from one of the world's lowest to one of the world's highest all within one century, you have to question the efficacy of feeding this many lawyers, and you have to wonder what it is about having so many lawyers that we also have so many criminals and prison inmates. And you have to question why the number of all three (criminals, inmates, and lawyers) increased so dramatically at the same time . Many of the Muslim countries that we're intent on bombing into oblivion so that we can "improve" their lives by imposing our "solutions" upon them also have lower crime rates than us. The UN data for Turkey, which is available on the Internet shows that if we had had a crime rate equivalent to Turkey's, then just last year we would have had:
1. 543,860 fewer assaults at $124 each = $67 million.
2. 116,440 fewer rapes at $234 each = $27 million.
3. 670,808 fewer robberies at $89 each = $60 million.
4. 14,806,908 fewer thefts at $55 each = $814 million.
5. 305,300 fewer frauds at $210 each = $64 million.
6. 648,372 fewer drug arrests at $50 each = $32 million.
7. 2,599,736 fewer juvenile delinquents at $100 each = $260 million.
8. 29,820 fewer judges at $140,000 each = $4,175 million.
9. 41,180 fewer prosecutors at $110,000 each = $4,530 million."
The following table also proves the fact that there is high incarceration rate in America and other "developed" nations:
In the above table, Russia and the US occupy the top positions. The first major Muslim country appearing in that table is listed at No. 33, which has an incarceration rate about one seventh of that of the US. The crimes against women show similar results, but this will be discussed a little later. The fact that the US has one of the highest murder rates and the second highest incarceration rate can be regarded as ample proof of the rising criminal tendencies of the American people. But more than that it is the proof of the total failure of American judicial system, and still more the proof of the negative impact of social, political and economic policies, which ultimately branch out from the root of economic fundamentalism. (People of any country are not inherently bad. It is the system that grooms them into good and bad.) In America, more than 18000 people are murdered on average every year, according to the statistics. Compare this with about 600 murders per year in Saudi Arabia, and it leads to the conclusion that the former has at least three times the murder rate than the later. The situation in most of the other Muslim countries is even batter. The more Islamic a society and its laws the lesser are the rates of almost all crimes.
The crime situation is in fact far worse in Western countries than what is represented by the statistics related to murders. With highly improved medical techniques and emergency measures, the victims have now much lesser chances of succumbing to their injuries than was the case about 40 years back. A study done by U Mass Amherst sociologists Anthony R. Harris and Gene A. Fisher, Dr. Stephen H. Thomas of the Harvard Medical School and David J. Hirsh of the University of Massachusetts Medical School says:
"The level of violence from assaults in America has risen dramatically over the past 40 to 50 years at the same time that guns have become more lethal and available .But because of the vast improvements in the nation's access to and quality of emergency medical care particularly since the Vietnam War the outcome of these assaults is far less likely to be lethal ..People who would have ended up in morgues 20 years ago are now simply treated and released by a hospital, often in a matter of a few days . And people who would have faced the death penalty 20 years ago are now simply guilty of felonious assault, treated and released by prisons, often in a matter of a few years."
It was concluded that the primary reason for the dropping lethality rate is a set of medical variables. The report adds:
"Against a baseline of 1960, we estimate that without this technology, the U.S. would presently be experiencing 45,000 to 70,000 homicides a year instead of an actual 15,000 to 20,000." (Findings are from May 2002 issue of Homicide Studies)
It can be safely argued that the rate of murderous assaults in USA is more than 10 times that of major Muslim countries. It can also be seen from the list that the rate of murders in Muslim countries is lesser than that of the other important systems like Russia, China, India, African countries.
WORLD VIEW NEWS SERVICE
To subscribe to this group, send an email to:
To leave this list, send an email to:
NEWS ARCHIVE IS OPEN TO PUBLIC VIEW
Please consider contributing to WVNS today.
Email ummyakoub@... !