Coup In Eucador!

  • WVNS
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2010
      Coup In Eucador! Call the State Department
      Alliance for Global Justice

      We have just received early reports that a military coup is taking place in Ecuador. President Rafael Correa has been kidnapped by the military and all the airports are closed.

      Please call the State Department and the White House Comment line and demand that the US government immediately cut off all military, police and development aid to Ecuador and that it take no action to give aid and comfort to the coup plotters. This coup in Ecuador, the second ALBA country now to suffer a coup, is the direct result of the US government support for the June 28, 2010 coup in Honduras. We cannot allow our government to again support anti-democratic forces in Latin America.

      Contacts
      Click here to contact Senators and Representatives.
      To contact the State Department:
      Fax: 202-647-8947, Voice: 202 647-8947, or Email:
      Maria Otero, Under Secretary for Democracy and Global Affairs; c/o Laura Pena, Assistant: PenaL@...
      Dr. Arturo Valenzuela: ValenzuelaAA@...
      Ambassador Craig Kelly, Principal Deputy Asst./ Secretary, Western
      Office of Hemisphere Affairs:
      KellyC@... (Fax: 202-647-0834)
      Dan Restrepo, Special Asst. to the President, Western Hemisphere Affairs, drestreop@...
      Paul Monteiro, Office of Public Engagement, Darron_P._Monteiro@...
      To contact White House:
      http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact and White House Comment
      Line 202-456-1414.

      Please consider contributing to WVNS today.
      Email ummyakoub@... !