Why We Are Moving To Montana

  • WVNS
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 20 8:58 AM
      hy We Are Moving To Montana
      By Chuck Baldwin
      September 15, 2010
      http://chuckbaldwinlive.com/home/?p=2236

      By now, readers of this column should be aware of the decision my
      family and I made to leave the beautiful Gulf Coast beaches, and move
      to the majestic Rocky Mountains: the Flathead Valley of Montana, to be
      specific. Mind you, Pensacola, Florida, has been my wife's and my home
      for 35 years. It is the place where each of our children was born and
      raised, and still resides today. Rest assured, each of my family is
      aware of the cold weather climate to which we are headed. We are also
      very cognizant of the extremely difficult economic circumstances that
      exist. The truth is, if we were basing this move on things such as
      "practicality," or "job opportunity," or "a place to retire," we would
      either 1) stay where we are, or 2) move somewhere else (someplace
      warmer), because this move, in many ways, is impractical, financially
      challenging, and could bring personal discomfort to all of us during
      those harsh Montana winters. The fact is, none of that has any bearing
      on our decision to move.

      I know unbelievers and skeptics have a hard time when I say this,
      but, we are moving to the Flathead Valley of Montana for the same
      reason we moved to Pensacola, Florida, 35 years ago: we know it is
      God's perfect will for our lives. Period. Why else would we do it? Why
      would we leave the comfort and security of home, family, and friends?

      Why would we attempt such a major move in such an economically
      depressed housing and job market? Why would I walk away from the
      church that my wife and I started and have poured our hearts and souls
      into for over 35 years, and that took such very good care of us? On a
      human level, this move makes absolutely no sense. But as Christians,
      we are not supposed to live our lives on a purely human level, are we?

      So, instead of moving south (like most every preacher you ever knew
      over the age of 50), I feel God moving me north (about
      75-miles-south-of-the-Canadian-border kind of north!). And so does
      every man in my family. Count them: that's 5 households and 17 people
      ranging in ages from 3 months to the upper 70s (I am 58).

      I promise you, we have bathed this move in intense and prolonged
      prayer and meditation. This was not a quick decision. But why would
      God move us?

      For one thing, it became very plain to me that my ministry was over
      in Pensacola. The brook had dried up, to borrow from the life of
      Elijah. And I've known too many pastors who allowed their personal
      affections for a prolonged ministry to obfuscate the clear revelation
      and reality that their ministries had ended and it was time to move
      on. And in every such instance, the longer they stayed, the more the
      ministry declined. I had vowed many years ago to not let that happen
      to my wonderful church family. They deserved God's best, even if that
      meant my departure.

      For another thing, my family and I are ardent patriots. To us,
      freedom and liberty are much more valuable and desirable than wealth
      and riches--or even comfort and security. And we believe God has been
      showing us that if there is a place left in America where true freedom
      has an opportunity to experience a rebirth, it is in the Mountain
      States of America's great Northwest. I love the fact that Montana is
      often referred to as "The Last Best Place." And as far as freedom and
      liberty are concerned, it just might be.

      Now, we are not naïve. We realize that there are many Big-Government
      liberals and neocons in the Mountain States who will not be pleased to
      see us come. When compared to the rest of the country, however (and
      I've seen most all of it), I would dare say that there are more
      freedom lovers in the Mountain States (per capita and per square mile)
      than anywhere else in the country.

      Since the release of my last two columns announcing our move to
      Montana, I have received more emails than over the last several months
      combined. And believe me, I'm talking about hundreds and even
      thousands of emails. I have received more than 200 emails just from
      people living in Montana, and 99% of them were enthusiastically
      supportive. I can assure you, the response that my family and I have
      received from Montanans has made us feel at home even before getting
      there.

      Many Montanans are excited about the prospect of my starting a new
      ministry in the Flathead Valley, and once again being able to
      livestream my messages over the Internet. Others are excited about the
      prospect of us entering the freedom fight. But most seem excited about
      both!

      Furthermore, it is our studied opinion that America is headed for an
      almost certain cataclysm. As Christians, we suspect that this
      cataclysm could include the judgment of God. As students of history,
      we believe that this cataclysm will most certainly include a fight
      between Big-Government globalists and freedom-loving,
      independent-minded patriots. I would even argue that this fight has
      already started. And as this battle escalates (and it will most
      assuredly escalate), only those states that are willing to stand and
      fight for their independence and freedom will survive--at least in a
      state of freedom. And we believe that God has already put the love of
      liberty deep into the hearts of the people of the Mountain States; and
      we further believe that God is already calling (and will continue to
      call) many other freedom lovers to those states. One thing is for
      sure, we know He called us!

      We are not going to Montana to sunbathe (or even ski); we are not
      going to play games, or play politics; we are not going to "take it
      easy," or "hide," or hibernate. We are not going to "enjoy the
      climate." We are going to fight! We are going to work! We are going to
      help the freedom-minded people of Montana make their stand for
      liberty! In many ways, the Mountain States just might become The Alamo
      of the twenty-first century, with, hopefully, much better results. But
      if not, I would rather die fighting for freedom with liberty-loving
      patriots by my side than be shuttled off to some FEMA camp after
      having been rejected and betrayed by soft-living, comfort-seeking,
      materialistic statists who simply "don't get it" and have no desire to
      "get it," which seems to be pretty much standard practice for a
      sizeable majority of people today--Christian and non-Christian--around
      most of the country.

      The Mountain States are also attractive due to the distance
      separating them from the great regions of the country in which the
      tables are truly stacked against any growth and extension of the
      principles of federalism or limited government, namely, the Northeast,
      Southeast, and Southwest (with my apologies to freedomists in those
      areas). Big-city liberalism dominates most of the states in these
      regions. The federal government has invested billions of dollars and
      thousands of personnel establishing and oiling the Orwellian machine
      in these areas. There are exceptions, of course, but they are few and
      far between, and therefore, quite isolated should any kind of serious
      stand be required.

      Add to the intrinsically oppressive nature of big-city liberalism and
      UN-sponsored globalism the out-of-control illegal immigration problem
      along the Southern Border and one has a recipe for disaster! And that
      is exactly what is coming: a disaster!

      If I am correct in my analysis, and Montana (and surrounding states)
      really is in store for a FREEDOM RUSH, then it is certain that
      patriotic businessmen, laborers, tradesmen, professionals, clergymen,
      physicians, technicians, and people from virtually every walk of life
      will find themselves among the "gathering of eagles." From an economic
      and spiritual perspective alone, the prospect of such a rush could be
      not only exciting, but also historic!

      Therefore, let no more be said of hardship! Our Pilgrim forebears
      crossed the Atlantic Ocean without maps and with no one to greet them
      in their quest to find a land of liberty. Our Patriot forebears
      challenged the greatest military force in history (at that time) and
      stood on Lexington Green, Concord Bridge, and Bunker Hill to defend
      this land of liberty. And our Pioneer forebears traversed thousands of
      miles in covered wagons with no roads or bridges in their quest to
      carve a land of liberty out of the wilderness. Traveling 2,500 miles
      in trucks and cars across mostly an Interstate highway system,
      sleeping in hotels, and eating at restaurants seem like mighty puny
      sacrifices to make to find that land where this latter-day remnant can
      live and stand together.

      Yes, I realize the real work will only begin once we have arrived. I
      completely understand that Montana is not the Garden of Eden and that
      the Serpent is already there, waiting for us. I expect a fight. And I
      know I speak for the men of my family when I say, Bring it on! Freedom
      and liberty, along with the Natural Law principles of federalism and
      independence, are worth fighting for. In fact, they are worth dying
      for. So, living or dying, we intend to circle the wagons around the
      State of Montana and fight to our dying breath for the right of that
      State to live free! And while we are at it, we believe God will let us
      help many good, freedom-loving people of Montana find true inner
      freedom that comes from Christ alone. After all, any true student of
      American history knows that revival and revolution go hand in hand.

      To borrow from the Apostle Paul, "And now, behold, I go bound in the
      spirit unto , not knowing the things that shall befall me
      there." (Acts 20:22) But I also have faith in another Biblical
      principle, that God opens doors that no man can shut (Rev. 3:8). And
      for the Baldwin family, that open door is the Flathead Valley of
      Montana. And no recession, or ridicule, or opposition, or false
      accusation, or cold and snow can shut that door. Montana, here we
      come!

      *If you appreciate this column and want to help me distribute these
      editorial opinions to an ever-growing audience, donations may now be
      made by credit card, check, or Money Order. Use this link:

      http://chuckbaldwinlive.com/home/?page_id=19

      (c) Chuck Baldwin

      NOTE TO THE READER:

      Chuck Baldwin is a syndicated columnist, radio broadcaster, author, and pastor dedicated to preserving the historic principles upon which America was founded. He was the 2008 Presidential candidate for the Constitution Party. He and his wife, Connie, have been married for 37 years and have 3 children and 7 grandchildren. See Chuck's complete bio at:

      http://chuckbaldwinlive.com/home/?page_id=6

      Please consider contributing to WVNS today.
      Email ummyakoub@... !