Obama's Iraq Speech

  • WVNS
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 4, 2010
      Obama's Iraq Speech
      An Exercise in Cowardice and Deceit

      By Bill Van Auken

      The most chilling passage came at the end of the 19-minute speech, when Obama declared, "Our troops are the steel in our ship of state," adding, "And though our nation may be traveling through rough waters, they give us confidence that our course is true."

      The Audacity of Cynicism

      By Elise Hendrick

      Barack Obama's Iraq speech - is an impressive entry in the annals of war propaganda. In it, he glosses over a criminal war as 'a remarkable chapter' in US history, and creates the false impression that the occupation of Iraq is over. He places the responsibility rebuilding a society out of the rubble we created on the shoulders of the Iraqi people.

      The True Cost of the War

      By Paul Craig Roberts

      Obama's "end of Iraq war" speech must have shattered any remaining belief in him. Forced to appease both his supporters and the warmonger right-wing, who denounce him as a Muslim and a Marxist, Obama resorted to Orwellian DoubleSpeak.

      Flying the Flag, Faking the News

      By John Pilger

      Loud noises from Washington about a US pull-out from Iraq are a poor disguise for America's determination to keep waging war. And the same sort of spin is at work here in Britain

      Vomiting Perfidy

      By Layla Anwar

      I have over the past 20 years or so, developed a high intolerance to perfidy and you throughout your history have excelled in perfecting what I am most allergic to... You literally make me sick.

      Please consider contributing to WVNS today.
      Email ummyakoub@... !