Al-Qaida wins a battle

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 6, 2003
      Al-Qaida wins a battle
      Goordan Prather

      08/02/03: (WorldNetDaily) Although Islamic terrorists may eventually
      lose the War on Terrorism, they have clearly won the most recent
      battle: Operation Iraqi Freedom.

      Howzat?

      By 1995, Saddam Hussein's multibillion-dollar nuke-related uranium
      enrichment infrastructure had been discovered and destroyed by the
      International Atomic Energy Agency. As of this writing, there is no
      evidence that Saddam has ever attempted to reconstruct it.

      But, in late 1998, allowing as how he wouldn't take the IAEA
      inspectors word for anything, Bill Clinton bombed the gee-whiz out of
      what he "suspected" were nuke-related sites the IAEA had missed.

      Now, this trashing of the IAEA by Clinton in 1998 was noted around
      the world, especially in Pyongyang, the Democratic Peoples Republic
      of Korea.

      Because, when the IAEA inspectors finished destroying Saddam's nuke-
      related infrastructure in the early 1990s, they had gone to DPRK to
      place thousands of "spent" fuel-elements - containing considerable
      weapons-grade plutonium - under IAEA Safeguards.

      The IAEA inspectors soon suspected the Koreans had produced plutonium
      they had not "declared." So, the IAEA threatened DPRK with sanctions.

      The Koreans promptly announced they were withdrawing from the Nuclear
      Non-Proliferation Treaty and the IAEA-NPT Safeguards regime.

      Well, that would never do. Clinton's goal was to achieve universal
      nuke disarmament. Every nation-state had to be made subject to the
      NPT. DPRK could not be allowed to withdraw.

      So, in 1994, Clinton offered Kim Jong-Il a zillion dollar bribe to
      not withdraw from the NPT, to "freeze" his plutonium production
      reactors and spent-fuel separation plants, and to subject them to
      IAEA Safeguards.

      Kim accepted the bribe, but, rats! In May 1998, Pakistan - never a
      NPT signatory - demonstrated to a shocked world that it had a
      stockpile of sophisticated highly enriched uranium nukes.

      What did Clinton do? Well, he bombed Baghdad.

      What did Kim Jong-Il do? He set about trading ballistic missiles for
      Pakistani nuke-related technology. Since Clinton had got DPRK
      to "freeze" its withdrawal from the NPT, Kim Jong-Il was obligated to
      tell the IAEA - which Clinton was busily trashing - about this. He
      didn't.

      Pakistan was not obligated to tell the IAEA but eventually did tell
      Bill Clinton. What did Clinton do? He passed the intelligence along
      to Dubya.

      What did Dubya do? Well, nothing until last September. Then he bombed
      Baghdad.

      You hadn't heard? Last September the U.S. and UK began bombing the
      gee-whiz out of central Iraq, flying more than 20,000 sorties,
      hitting command, control and communication centers in preparation to
      invading and occupying Iraq. This bombing was, of course, a flagrant
      violation of the Gulf War ceasefire resolution. Almost all members of
      the U.N. General Assembly sitting there last September - being
      berated by President Bush for not invading Iraq and forcibly
      disarming Saddam Hussein - knew that.

      Bush told the U.N. - and later told us - we had to invade because he
      had intelligence that Saddam was reconstructing his nuke-related
      infrastructure, could have nukes within a year and would likely give
      them to terrorists.

      Dubya had already characterized Iraq, Iran and North Korea as
      comprising an "axis of evil." He would never allow such evil regimes
      to possess nukes or chem-bio weapons. If he suspected they were close
      to having them, he would launch preemptive strikes to "take them
      out."

      Dubya had begun striking Iraq. Was DPRK next?

      What was Kim to do? Well, he threw the IAEA inspectors out of the
      country, un-froze his withdrawal from the NPT and ripped the IAEA
      seals and padlocks off his plutonium production reactor and spent-
      fuel reprocessing plant. By the time Gulf War II - Operation Iraqi
      Freedom - officially began six months later, Kim was already
      recovering weapons-grade plutonium.

      Is DPRK next? Here are excerpts from the official DPRK news agency
      release of July 29:
      "Information" used by the United States for justifying the Iraqi War
      has proved totally false, creating a great furor.

      It was a war of aggression and state terrorism [that] the U.S.
      unilaterally committed, ignoring international law and the United
      Nations, to meet its political purpose and economic interests.

      The U.S. intends to apply the same methods to the DPRK as it did in
      the Iraqi War.

      If the U.S., which seems to be upbeat after the Iraqi War, goes on
      with its policy to stifle the DPRK without discretion, it will only
      precipitate its self-destruction.

      So, it appears the principal result of our great victory in Iraq -
      ostensibly launched to keep terrorists from acquiring nukes - may be
      to virtually guarantee that terrorists do acquire nukes. Kim's nukes.

      We can't afford many great victories like that.

      Physicist James Gordon Prather has served as a policy implementing
      official for national security-related technical matters in the
      Federal Energy Agency, the Energy Research and Development
      Administration, the Department of Energy, the Office of the Secretary
      of Defense and the Department of the Army. Dr. Prather also served as
      legislative assistant for national security affairs to U.S. Sen.
      Henry Bellmon, R-Okla. -- ranking member of the Senate Budget
      Committee and member of the Senate Energy Committee and
      Appropriations Committee. Dr. Prather had earlier worked as a nuclear
      weapons physicist at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory in
      California and Sandia National Laboratory in New Mexico.

      ----------

      BRING THEM HOME NOW!

      http://www.bringthemhomenow.org/

      Statement of Purpose

      BRING THEM HOME NOW! is a coordinating committee of military
      families, veterans, active duty personnel, reservists and others
      opposed to the ongoing war in Iraq and galvanized to action by George
      W. Bush's inane and reckless challenge to armed Iraqis resisting
      occupation to "Bring 'em on."

      Our mission is to mobilize military families, veterans, and GIs
      themselves to demand: an end to the occupation of Iraq and other
      misguided military adventures; and an immediate return of all US
      troops to their home duty stations.

      The truth is coming out. The American public was deceived by the Bush
      administration about the motivation for and intent of the invasion of
      Iraq. It is equally apparent that the administration is stubbornly
      and incompetently adhering to a destructive course. Many Americans do
      not want our troops there. Many military families do not want our
      troops there. Many troops themselves do not want to be there. The
      overwhelming majority of Iraqis do not want US troops there.

      Our troops are embroiled in a regional quagmire largely of our own
      government's making. These military actions are not perceived as
      liberations, but as occupations, and our troops are now subject to
      daily attacks. Meanwhile, without a clear mission, they are living in
      conditions of relentless austerity and hardship. At home, their
      families are forced to endure extended separations and ongoing
      uncertainty.

      As military veterans and families, we understand that hardship is
      sometimes part of the job. But there has to be an honest and
      compelling reason to impose these hardships and risks on our troops,
      our families, and our communities. The reasons given for the
      occupation of Iraq does not rise to this standard.

      Without just cause for war, we say bring the troops home now!

      Not one more troop killed in action. Not one more troop wounded in
      action. Not one more troop psychologically damaged by the act of
      terrifying, humiliating, injuring or killing innocent people. Not one
      more troop spending one more day inhaling depleted uranium. Not one
      more troop separated from spouse and children. This is the only way
      to truly support these troops, and the families who are just as much
      part of the military as they are.

      Bush says "Bring 'em on." We say "BRING THEM HOME NOW!"

      http://www.bringthemhomenow.org/

      ----------

      that is in God's hands now
      we can only weep and pray

      every minute of every day
      we beg for God to bring you
      home to us, un-harmed, my beloved

      and that you have not caused
      the death of another human being
      gentle and loving one that you are

      for if you die you will not
      be a hero
      you will not be lionized

      you will be dead and my
      heart will break at the loss
      of such a magnificent spirit

      BRING OUR TROOPS HOME NOW!! PRESIDENT BUSH

      http://www.mfso.org/
      http://www.bringthemhomenow.org/

      Bush says "Bring 'em on." We say "BRING THEM HOME NOW!"

      cdlr.net