5248India is not your Cat's name!

    Mar 1, 2006
      Indian intellectuals greet President Bush as he comes to India.

      India is not your Cat's name!

      George Bush Jr.
      Would-be Emperor
      (Former Clown Prince)
      Currently US President

      Dear George 'WMD' Bush,

      It is with both great happiness and grave apprehension that we the
      people of India await your arrival in our country.

      Happiness because in the few hours you will be engaged in shaking
      hands with our country's leaders your fingers will be - at least for a
      little while - away from the nuclear doomsday button. Happiness also
      in the hope that the grease you put on the palms of your political
      underlings here will make the many triggers all of you control that
      much more slippery.

      There is a lot of apprehension too as your visit could become the
      latest source of pollution in our ancient land already poisoned over
      the years by your country's various multinationals- from Union Carbide
      of Bhopal gas notoriety to Monsanto of GM seeds infamy. Your own
      crimes against humanity in Iraq, Afghanistan and Guantanamo are of
      course far worse than that of these corporations and if the Ganges
      were not already as contaminated as it is unfortunately today - we
      would have happily recommended a long dip in its holy waters.

      We know you have friends- or shall we call them loyal subjects- in
      very high places in our country. Shri Manmohan Singh, misleadingly
      called 'Prime Minister of India' when he is really a CEO of your
      subsidiary company- will be there constantly at your beck and call.
      But then for this former civil savant turned international servant-
      whose soul and spine were stolen many moons ago by the IMF, World Bank
      and other dark forces you represent - it seems to make little
      difference what master he serves.

      You will also find the Congress that rules India even more pliant than
      the US Congress you control back home. Having buried Gandhi and Nehru
      in both body and spirit long, long ago this political party that once
      fought the British Empire has become the Trojan horse of American
      Imperialism in India.

      There are others too from our country that will welcome you ? captains
      of industry, merchants, bureaucrats and sections of the Indian media-
      who already think of themselves as junior partners in your vile
      Empire. Truth is they are as much in awe of the weapons of war you so
      wantonly wield as they are mesmerized by the petty commercial carrots
      you dangle before their eyes.

      But make no mistake 'Mr Wannabe President of the World' - India is far
      more than the name of your pet cat on the lawns of the White House.
      And though our leaders lovingly wag their tails at you it is not a
      domesticated dog either.

      Instead it is a full-blooded country of over a billion people who have
      seen through many tyrants of your type several times over in their
      long history. We packed off the British Raj just over half a century
      ago and have no intentions of letting its illegitimate American
      offspring sit on our heads instead.

      And we are not alone in our struggle against Imperialism on this globe
      either. From Vietnam to Venezuela and Iraq to Indonesia we have had
      and continue to have deep ties with people everywhere from around the
      world who have stood up in defence of their national dignity,
      sovereignty and the right to conduct their affairs in whatever manner
      they see fit. We have long historical memories too of the US
      establishment's atrocities and massacres around the globe? Hiroshima,
      Haiti, Greece, Guatemala. Cambodia, Chile - the sacrifices of
      countless brave citizens will not go in vain.

      Your regime's latest attempts to bully or bribe the Indian government
      to join your machinations against Iran will also go nowhere because
      the people of this country will forever resist your immoral attempts
      to capture the assets of weaker nations by force. By tempting the
      foolish Indian government with a dubious nuclear pact you have
      attempted to divide and rule the developing world but we can see
      through your imperial politics and have the means to unravel it too.
      Your concern for the `national interest' of India in striking a
      nuclear deal is going to make our country powerful to the point of

      Mr 'Emperor' not only do you not have no clothes on you are trying to
      pull some non-existent textile over our eyes too!

      So Mr 'Emperor' when you soon land in India remember - irrespective of
      what your weather 'experts' tell you- the temperature on the ground
      will be several degrees hotter than anybody can predict. True, this
      will be partly due to the general rise in global temperatures your
      regime has so wantonly contributed to plus the hot air you have such a
      talent for - but much of the heat will really be due to the burning
      anger aroused by your presence in our midst.

      Believe us we promise a very warm welcome to you and all in your
      entourage and hope to make your trip as memorable as possible. This
      collection of films on the crimes of your country's various regimes we
      are showing the Indian public around the country is just the first of
      many salvoes we are firing.

      It is still not too late to turn your jets back to Washington where
      Uncle Dick 'Shotgun' Cheney eagerly awaits your presence on a long and
      exciting safari somewhere. Happy hunting and watch your back.

      Yours very, very warmly
      Films for Peace, India

      Films for Peace is a team of citizens in India with a concern for
      human dignity. It comprises filmmakers, fisherfolk, students,
      environmentalists, rights activists, media and software professionals,
      humanitarian workers and movie buffs.

      email: films4peace @ gmail.com