Re: New WU Forecast page ehancements.

  • Rick
    Message 1 of 29 , Feb 1, 2008
      Please give it a rest, this list isn't a forum for different weather
      data vendors to snipe at one and other.

      I for one am here to learn from everyone.

      Rick
      KOHWAPAK1

      http://www.bright.net/~cfr301/weather.htm

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "jtorsitano"
      <jtorsitano@...> wrote:

      > Steve,
      >
      > You're welcome that I pointed it out. :P
      >
      > Still waiting to hear what your beef is with me.
      >

      > --
      > Joe Torsitano
      > jtorsitano@...
      > weatherforyou.com

      > <steve_03222@> wrote:
      > >
      > > WOW, that was fast. Thanks for adding the website link, checked it
      > > out and works great.
      > >
      > > Steve
      > >

      > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "John Celenza"
      > > <john.celenza@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hello,
      > > >
      > > > Thanks for pointing out the missing personal web site links from
      > > the
      > > > PWS station list at the bottom of Wunderground city pages.
      > > > We added the personal links when available to the right column of
      > > the
      > > > PWS list :-)
      > > >
      > > > Thanks again, this list is extremely helpful when we launch new
      > > products.
      > > >
      > > > -John

      > > and
      > > of

      > > weatherforyou

      > > level. :(
      > > of the
      > > and

      > > look.

      > > the current
      > > in the

      > > at the

      > > > --
      > > > ============================================================
      > > > John Celenza
      > > > Director of Weather Technology
      > > > Phone (415) 543-5022 x105
      > > > FAX (415) 543-5044
      > > > john@
      > > > ============================================================

    • Bunnee
      Message 2 of 29 , Feb 1, 2008
        Amen

        <jtorsitano@ ...> wrote:

        > Steve,
        >
        > You're welcome that I pointed it out. :P
        >
        > Still waiting to hear what your beef is with me.
        >

        > --
        > Joe Torsitano
        > jtorsitano@. ..
        > weatherforyou. com
        >
        > --- In wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com, "steve_03222"
        > <steve_03222@ > wrote:
        > >
        > > WOW, that was fast. Thanks for adding the website link, checked it
        > > out and works great.
        > >
        > > Steve
        > >

        > > --- In wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com, "John Celenza"
        > > <john.celenza@ > wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Hello,
        > > >
        > > > Thanks for pointing out the missing personal web site links from
        > > the
        > > > PWS station list at the bottom of Wunderground city pages.
        > > > We added the personal links when available to the right column of
        > > the
        > > > PWS list :-)
        > > >
        > > > Thanks again, this list is extremely helpful when we launch new
        > > products.
        > > >
        > > > -John

        > > and
        > > of

        > > weatherforyou

        > > level. :(
        > > of the
        > > and

        > > look.

        > > the current
        > > in the

        > > at the

        > > > --
        > > > ============ ========= ========= ========= ========= ========= ===
        > > > John Celenza
        > > > Director of Weather Technology
        > > > Phone (415) 543-5022 x105
        > > > FAX (415) 543-5044
        > > > john@
        > > > ============ ========= ========= ========= ========= ========= ===

      • utahweatherbear
        Message 3 of 29 , Feb 1, 2008
          Billary vs. Obama
          McCain vs. Mitt
          Steve vs. Joe

          Lovely! ;-)

          > Please give it a rest, this list isn't a forum for different weather
          > data vendors to snipe at one and other.
          >
          > I for one am here to learn from everyone.
          >
          > Rick
          > KOHWAPAK1
          >
          > http://www.bright.net/~cfr301/weather.htm
          >

          > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "jtorsitano"
          > <jtorsitano@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Steve,
          > >
          > > You're welcome that I pointed it out. :P
          > >
          > > Still waiting to hear what your beef is with me.
          > >

          > > --
          > > Joe Torsitano
          > > jtorsitano@
          > > weatherforyou.com
          > >
          > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "steve_03222"
          > > <steve_03222@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > WOW, that was fast. Thanks for adding the website link, checked
          it
          > > > out and works great.
          > > >
          > > > Steve
          > > >

          > > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "John Celenza"

          > > > the
          > > > the

          > > > products.

          > > > and
          > > > of

          > > > weatherforyou

          > > > level. :(
          > > > of the
          > > > and

          wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "wuhu_software"

          > > > look.

          > > > the current
          > > > in the

          > > > at the

        • jtorsitano
          Message 4 of 29 , Feb 1, 2008
            Hi Bob,

            weatherforyou.com committed over nine years ago when it started that
            all the proceeds from pages with personal weather station data and a
            percentage of the net income would be put into the support of personal
            weather stations (especially those who actively promote and support
            weatherforyou.com). We also committed to NEVER operate with ANY debt.
            I'm pleased to say that December was a very good month, giving us the
            necessary resources to contract with a number of excellent programmers
            for enhancements we've been wanting to do for quite some time.

            Some of it are things that people said "WU does this, why don't you?"
            There will be pages with data presented in a more "enhanced" format.
            It will include graphs and other items. The data with the local
            forecasts will link to these pages if the contributor doesn't have a
            web site or if they'd prefer not to have their data linked to their
            web site. The priority will still be to direct people to a
            contributor's web site, but this will give an option for the growing
            number of people who don't have a web site and for those using the new
            IP devices.

            The sign-up pages will be improved with more guidance about
            registering, adding a station (or add multiple stations under one
            login) and sending data.

            In conjunction with the co-operated domain pwsweather.com we'll have
            archive data available in a number of different ways. We've been
            storing data back to at least 2003 for every station that sends data.

            We're going to make available a number of different maps for people to
            use on their own web sites.

            There will be new maps displaying the location of stations that send
            data, including state level maps. We may get rid of the current PWS
            map because there seems to be more confusion about it's purpose than
            when it first appeared nine years ago. I hate to leave out those
            stations that have web sites but cannot send data, but I know it was
            the source of a great amount of "is that all your site is?" when some
            people here first visited weatherforyou.com.

            Other things I'll have to wait until they're introduced because we're
            still determining the usability and feasability of certain things, and
            I don't want other sites with more resources to get any ideas. ;)

            This is a good time to let us know of what you think we should add,
            too. Please e-mail me directly, though.

            Probably a lot more detail than you wanted to hear, but there it is.

            --
            Joe Torsitano
            jtorsitano@...

            --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "RS Moreland"
            <bobmoreland@...> wrote:

            > Hi Joe,
            > Any chance you can say more about some of the things in the works. As
            > I recall there was something from you about more pws data being on the
            > W4Y webpage for an individuals' weather site.
            > Can you share?
            > Regards, Bob
            >

            > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "jtorsitano"
            > <jtorsitano@> wrote:
            > >
            > > weatherforyou.com would also appreciate CONSTRUCTIVE criticism. I
            > > think many underestimate the capabilities of the programmers we have
            > > at our disposal so think other sites can do things we can't. All I'll
            > > say is we have a number of things in the works and in a few months
            > > we'll be proving otherwise. ;)
            > >

            > > --
            > > Joe Torsitano
            > > jtorsitano@
            > > weatherforyou.com
            > >

            > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Alan Steremberg"
            > > <alans@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Hi,
            > > >
            > > > The city page redesign has taken a lot of work and time. There are a
            > > > number of things that didn't make it into the redesign yet.
            > > >
            > > > One example being to change the hide / show button image into
            text so
            > > > it can be translated. Another will let people choose the smiley
            icons.

            > > > Todd is planning to add a small icon with the link to the table. Our
            > > > main design concern was trying to get each station to fit on one
            line
            > > > to make the table more usable.
            > > >
            > > > Please continue to email us with constructive criticism.
            > > >
            > > > Alan

            > current

            > > > --
            > > > Alan Steremberg
            > > > Weather Underground
            > > > 415-543-5022 x 103
            > > > http://www.wunderground.com

          • jtorsitano
            Message 5 of 29 , Feb 1, 2008
              Sheesh... can't anyone around here take a joke? I haven't seen WU
              doing any sniping, just their extremely dedicated fan. And I'm just
              trying to find out, OFF LIST, why there is such extreme bias against
              weatherforyou.com and a fellow weather enthusiast by a moderator.

              I'd love to, and probably will, "give it a rest." I didn't want this
              to happen. As a new WUHU user once I became more familiar with the
              program I wanted to be able to contribute more and help others as I do
              elsewhere. But out of all the forums I actively participate in this
              is the only one where I can be certain anything I say will be
              criticized in some way by one particular person that won't even tell
              me why they have something against the company I represent or me.
              There is a serious bias against weatherforyou.com for some reason.
              I'm a weather enthusiast, too. I contribute to CWOP. I contribute to
              AWEKAS. I contribute to WU. I can't say what I think is a problem
              with them as a weather station owner that participates in their
              program? I can't say what I like better about weatherforyou.com as
              someone that sends data there? Yet a moderator can point out what's
              wrong with weatherforyou.com in a non-constructive way?

              I made a similar comment in another forum and was told that
              weatherforyou.com is probably not recognized enough for their
              contributions but they are greatly appreciated. Here they get slapped
              by a moderator. I did get an encouraging PM from someone here who
              said they didn't know what the problem was.

              For those who need help with sending their data to
              weatherforyou.com/HAMweather feel free to e-mail me at
              jtorsitano[at]weatherforyou.com. Other contact information is
              available on the web site.

              --
              Joe Torsitano
              weatherforyou.com

              > Please give it a rest, this list isn't a forum for different weather
              > data vendors to snipe at one and other.
              >
              > I for one am here to learn from everyone.
              >
              > Rick
              > KOHWAPAK1
              >
              > http://www.bright.net/~cfr301/weather.htm
              >

              > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "jtorsitano"
              > <jtorsitano@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Steve,
              > >
              > > You're welcome that I pointed it out. :P
              > >
              > > Still waiting to hear what your beef is with me.
              > >

              > > --
              > > Joe Torsitano
              > > jtorsitano@
              > > weatherforyou.com
              > >
              > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "steve_03222"
              > > <steve_03222@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > WOW, that was fast. Thanks for adding the website link, checked it
              > > > out and works great.
              > > >
              > > > Steve
              > > >

              > > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "John Celenza"

              > > > the
              > > > the

              > > > products.

              > > > and
              > > > of

              > > > weatherforyou

              > > > level. :(
              > > > of the
              > > > and

              > > > look.

              > > > the current
              > > > in the

              > > > at the

            • D Doty
              Message 6 of 29 , Feb 1, 2008
                Joe,
                If you don't stop trying to PUSH your site here, I will stop uploading my data to your site.
                If you want to advertise, please do so on your own forum. That's not what we do here.
                Dennis
                IZAMBALE1

> [...]

                --- In wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com, "Rick" <cfr301@...> wrote:

                > Please give it a rest, this list isn't a forum for different weather
                > data vendors to snipe at one and other.
                >
                > I for one am here to learn from everyone.
                >
                > Rick
                > KOHWAPAK1
                >
                > http://www.bright. net/~cfr301/ weather.htm
                >

                > --- In wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com, "jtorsitano"
                > <jtorsitano@ > wrote:
                > >
                > > Steve,
                > >
                > > You're welcome that I pointed it out. :P
                > >
                > > Still waiting to hear what your beef is with me.
                > >

                > > --
                > > Joe Torsitano
                > > jtorsitano@
                > > weatherforyou. com
                > >
                > > --- In wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com, "steve_03222"
                > > <steve_03222@ > wrote:
                > > >
                > > > WOW, that was fast. Thanks for adding the website link, checked it

              • Joe Torsitano
                Message 7 of 29 , Feb 1, 2008
                  So others can praise WU for their enhancements and additions but I can't say what we offer?  Fine.  Hardly seems fair.  If I came across as pushing I apologize.  It was only my intention to inform.  I haven't done anything different here than on all the other forums I participate in and have never been accused of improper behavior.

                  Whether you send your data or not is your choice.  It really is no more or less work for us.  Our site was created specifically to serve personal weather stations when others were saying they "weren't relevant to (their) content."  While it would be my pleasure to continue to serve you, if you choose not to send data and have people see your contributions is up to you.

                  --
                   Joe Torsitano
                   weatherforyou.com

> [...]

                  --- In wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com, "Rick" <cfr301@...> wrote:

                  > Please give it a rest, this list isn't a forum for different weather
                  > data vendors to snipe at one and other.
                  >
                  > I for one am here to learn from everyone.
                  >
                  > Rick
                  > KOHWAPAK1
                  >
                  > http://www.bright. net/~cfr301/ weather.htm
                  >

                  > --- In wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com, "jtorsitano"
                  > <jtorsitano@ > wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Steve,
                  > >
                  > > You're welcome that I pointed it out. :P
                  > >
                  > > Still waiting to hear what your beef is with me.
                  > >

                  > > --
                  > > Joe Torsitano
                  > > jtorsitano@
                  > > weatherforyou. com
                  > >
                  > > --- In wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com, "steve_03222"
                  > > <steve_03222@ > wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > WOW, that was fast. Thanks for adding the website link, checked it

                • Joe Torsitano
                  Message 8 of 29 , Feb 1, 2008
                    BTW... I was ASKED by a member of this group to outline the new services that are going to be offered on that site I can't talk about.

                    --
                     Joe Torsitano

> [...]

                    --- In wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com, "Rick" <cfr301@...> wrote:

                    > Please give it a rest, this list isn't a forum for different weather
                    > data vendors to snipe at one and other.
                    >
                    > I for one am here to learn from everyone.
                    >
                    > Rick
                    > KOHWAPAK1
                    >
                    > http://www.bright. net/~cfr301/ weather.htm
                    >

                    > --- In wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com, "jtorsitano"
                    > <jtorsitano@ > wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Steve,
                    > >
                    > > You're welcome that I pointed it out. :P
                    > >
                    > > Still waiting to hear what your beef is with me.
                    > >

                    > > --
                    > > Joe Torsitano
                    > > jtorsitano@
                    > > weatherforyou. com
                    > >
                    > > --- In wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com, "steve_03222"
                    > > <steve_03222@ > wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > WOW, that was fast. Thanks for adding the website link, checked it

                  • Michael Detwiler
                    Message 9 of 29 , Feb 2, 2008
                      Joe:

                      On behalf of the people who are level-headed on this forum, I think what you offer is very, very good and for the life of me, I cannot begin to imagine why some people seem to have a problem with you.

                      My advice would be to just ignore them.  Thanks for your product and website.

                      Sincerely,
                      Michael D.

                      Joe Torsitano <jtorsitano@...> wrote:
> [...]

                      --- In wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com, "Rick" <cfr301@...> wrote:

                      > Please give it a rest, this list isn't a forum for different weather
                      > data vendors to snipe at one and other.
                      >
                      > I for one am here to learn from everyone.
                      >
                      > Rick
                      > KOHWAPAK1
                      >
                      > http://www.bright. net/~cfr301/ weather.htm
                      >

                      > --- In wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com, "jtorsitano"
                      > <jtorsitano@ > wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Steve,
                      > >
                      > > You're welcome that I pointed it out. :P
                      > >
                      > > Still waiting to hear what your beef is with me.
                      > >

                      > > --
                      > > Joe Torsitano
                      > > jtorsitano@
                      > > weatherforyou. com
                      > >
                      > > --- In wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com, "steve_03222"
                      > > <steve_03222@ > wrote:
                      > > >
                      > > > WOW, that was fast. Thanks for adding the website link, checked it

                      Check out my Weather Blog exclusively at:

                      www.cookevilleweatherguy.com

                      The Weather Guy

                      Grab this Headline Animator

                    • RS Moreland
                      Message 10 of 29 , Feb 3, 2008
                        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Michael Detwiler
                        <cookevilleweatherguy@...> wrote:

                        > Joe:
                        >
                        > On behalf of the people who are level-headed on this forum, I
                        think what you offer is very, very good and for the life of me, I
                        cannot begin to imagine why some people seem to have a problem with you.

                        > My advice would be to just ignore them. Thanks for your product
                        and website.

                        > Sincerely,
                        > Michael D.

                        I agree Michael. Well said.

                        Regards, Bob

                        > Joe Torsitano <jtorsitano@...> wrote:
                        > So others can praise WU for their enhancements and
                        additions but I can't say what we offer? Fine. Hardly seems fair.
                        If I came across as pushing I apologize. It was only my intention to
                        inform. I haven't done anything different here than on all the other
                        forums I participate in and have never been accused of improper behavior.

                        > Whether you send your data or not is your choice. It really is no
                        more or less work for us. Our site was created specifically to serve
                        personal weather stations when others were saying they "weren't
                        relevant to (their) content." While it would be my pleasure to
                        continue to serve you, if you choose not to send data and have people
                        see your contributions is up to you.

                        > --
                        > Joe Torsitano
                        > weatherforyou.com

                        Search.

                        > ---------------------------------
                        Search.

                        > Check out my Weather Blog exclusively at:
                        >

                        > www.cookevilleweatherguy.com
                        >

                        > Grab this Headline Animator
                        >

                        > ---------------------------------
                        Search.

                      • michrina1
                        Message 11 of 29 , Feb 3, 2008
                          I agree with Michael and Bob.

                          Just ignore them, Joe. You were asked a question and gave an answer
                          that was articulate and complete.

                          Tom

                          <bobmoreland@...> wrote:

                          > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Michael Detwiler
                          > <cookevilleweatherguy@> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > Joe:
                          > >
                          > > On behalf of the people who are level-headed on this forum, I
                          > think what you offer is very, very good and for the life of me, I
                          > cannot begin to imagine why some people seem to have a problem with
                          you.

                          > > My advice would be to just ignore them. Thanks for your product
                          > and website.
                          > >
                          > > Sincerely,
                          > > Michael D.
                          >
                          > I agree Michael. Well said.
                          >
                          > Regards, Bob
                          >

                          > > Joe Torsitano <jtorsitano@> wrote:
                          > > So others can praise WU for their enhancements and
                          > additions but I can't say what we offer? Fine. Hardly seems fair.
                          > If I came across as pushing I apologize. It was only my intention
                          > inform. I haven't done anything different here than on all the
                          other
                          > forums I participate in and have never been accused of improper
                          behavior.

                          > > Whether you send your data or not is your choice. It really is no
                          > more or less work for us. Our site was created specifically to
                          serve
                          > personal weather stations when others were saying they "weren't
                          > relevant to (their) content." While it would be my pleasure to
                          > continue to serve you, if you choose not to send data and have
                          people
                          > see your contributions is up to you.
                          > >

                          > > --
                          > > Joe Torsitano