Re: Lacrosse 2310 Time Not Updating

  • RS Moreland
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1, 2008

      > Elton,
      >
      > It is possible that the power pack is inducing noise in to the
      > console's circuitry.
      >
      > As I recall, one of the leads runs to the console's ground plane and
      > is tied to one of the serial lines to the PC. It also runs all the
      > way out the the wind sensor (that is where the threat of lightning is
      > coming from).
      >

      > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "elton2861" <edkoehn@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > I know this isn't the Lacrosse solution center, but I'm gonna ask
      > for
      > > thoughts.
      > >
      > > I've had this Lacrosse 2310 WC fro a few year and have alway ran it
      > > wireless. The Anemometer quit and I got a new one for it. I have
      > > connected it and now run in wired mode. Still no problems. About a
      > > week ago I plugged it in to an external power supply and still
      > > everything is working OK. But there is one thing that is not
      > happening
      > > now.
      > >
      > > No atomic clock setting since I plugged into the wall. Has anyone
      > else
      > > had a similar experience or am I just special? (maybe short bus
      > special)
      > >
      > > Elton
      > > CW9423

      Mine has (almost) always updated in either mode but not last night. I
      noticed a 12 hour error and no update symbol on the display. At this
      point, I'm hoping for a one time clich. We'll see.

      Bob
    • elton2861
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 2, 2008
        I guess I'll have to try another power supply. I can't seem to find
        the one that came with the unit, so I went out to Radio Shack and got
        one that has adjustable voltage settings and up to 2.5 amps. Plenty of
        power to run this thing.

        The noise induction idea sound like a real good excuse, and it's
        plugged into my ups only inches from the thing. but that is all that
        has changed recently.

        Elton
        CW9423

        > It is possible that the power pack is inducing noise in to the
        > console's circuitry.
        >
        > As I recall, one of the leads runs to the console's ground plane and
        > is tied to one of the serial lines to the PC. It also runs all the
        > way out the the wind sensor (that is where the threat of lightning is
        > coming from).
        >

        > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "elton2861" <edkoehn@>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > I know this isn't the Lacrosse solution center, but I'm gonna ask
        > for
        > > thoughts.
        > >
        > > I've had this Lacrosse 2310 WC fro a few year and have alway ran it
        > > wireless. The Anemometer quit and I got a new one for it. I have
        > > connected it and now run in wired mode. Still no problems. About a
        > > week ago I plugged it in to an external power supply and still
        > > everything is working OK. But there is one thing that is not
        > happening
        > > now.
        > >
        > > No atomic clock setting since I plugged into the wall. Has anyone
        > else
        > > had a similar experience or am I just special? (maybe short bus
        > special)
        > >
        > > Elton
        > > CW9423

      • elton2861
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 3, 2008
          Last night I finally unplugged the replacement power supply and the
          time was updated as it usually did just after midnight.

          Tonight another experiment. I moved the plug in power supply down to
          the wall outlet and unwrap all the extra cord. I'll let you all know
          if it works again tonight or not.

          Elton
          CW9423