Lacrosse 2310 Time Not Updating

  • elton2861
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1, 2008
      I know this isn't the Lacrosse solution center, but I'm gonna ask for
      thoughts.

      I've had this Lacrosse 2310 WC fro a few year and have alway ran it
      wireless. The Anemometer quit and I got a new one for it. I have
      connected it and now run in wired mode. Still no problems. About a
      week ago I plugged it in to an external power supply and still
      everything is working OK. But there is one thing that is not happening
      now.

      No atomic clock setting since I plugged into the wall. Has anyone else
      had a similar experience or am I just special? (maybe short bus special)

      Elton
      CW9423
    • Rich Brunnworth
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 1, 2008
        You're special. LOL

        My 2310 runs off the power supply all the time, and in wired mode, and
        it updates the time each night around midnight or so.

        Rich

        --
        Rich
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 1, 2008
          Elton,

          It is possible that the power pack is inducing noise in to the
          console's circuitry.

          As I recall, one of the leads runs to the console's ground plane and
          is tied to one of the serial lines to the PC. It also runs all the
          way out the the wind sensor (that is where the threat of lightning is
          coming from).

          --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "elton2861" <edkoehn@...>
          wrote:

          > I know this isn't the Lacrosse solution center, but I'm gonna ask
          for
          > thoughts.
          >
          > I've had this Lacrosse 2310 WC fro a few year and have alway ran it
          > wireless. The Anemometer quit and I got a new one for it. I have
          > connected it and now run in wired mode. Still no problems. About a
          > week ago I plugged it in to an external power supply and still
          > everything is working OK. But there is one thing that is not
          happening
          > now.
          >
          > No atomic clock setting since I plugged into the wall. Has anyone
          else
          > had a similar experience or am I just special? (maybe short bus
          special)

          > Elton
          > CW9423

        • RS Moreland
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 1, 2008

            > Elton,
            >
            > It is possible that the power pack is inducing noise in to the
            > console's circuitry.
            >
            > As I recall, one of the leads runs to the console's ground plane and
            > is tied to one of the serial lines to the PC. It also runs all the
            > way out the the wind sensor (that is where the threat of lightning is
            > coming from).
            >

            > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "elton2861" <edkoehn@>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > I know this isn't the Lacrosse solution center, but I'm gonna ask
            > for
            > > thoughts.
            > >
            > > I've had this Lacrosse 2310 WC fro a few year and have alway ran it
            > > wireless. The Anemometer quit and I got a new one for it. I have
            > > connected it and now run in wired mode. Still no problems. About a
            > > week ago I plugged it in to an external power supply and still
            > > everything is working OK. But there is one thing that is not
            > happening
            > > now.
            > >
            > > No atomic clock setting since I plugged into the wall. Has anyone
            > else
            > > had a similar experience or am I just special? (maybe short bus
            > special)
            > >
            > > Elton
            > > CW9423

            Mine has (almost) always updated in either mode but not last night. I
            noticed a 12 hour error and no update symbol on the display. At this
            point, I'm hoping for a one time clich. We'll see.

            Bob
          • elton2861
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 2, 2008
              I guess I'll have to try another power supply. I can't seem to find
              the one that came with the unit, so I went out to Radio Shack and got
              one that has adjustable voltage settings and up to 2.5 amps. Plenty of
              power to run this thing.

              The noise induction idea sound like a real good excuse, and it's
              plugged into my ups only inches from the thing. but that is all that
              has changed recently.

              Elton
              CW9423

              > It is possible that the power pack is inducing noise in to the
              > console's circuitry.
              >
              > As I recall, one of the leads runs to the console's ground plane and
              > is tied to one of the serial lines to the PC. It also runs all the
              > way out the the wind sensor (that is where the threat of lightning is
              > coming from).
              >

              > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "elton2861" <edkoehn@>
              > wrote:
              > >
              > > I know this isn't the Lacrosse solution center, but I'm gonna ask
              > for
              > > thoughts.
              > >
              > > I've had this Lacrosse 2310 WC fro a few year and have alway ran it
              > > wireless. The Anemometer quit and I got a new one for it. I have
              > > connected it and now run in wired mode. Still no problems. About a
              > > week ago I plugged it in to an external power supply and still
              > > everything is working OK. But there is one thing that is not
              > happening
              > > now.
              > >
              > > No atomic clock setting since I plugged into the wall. Has anyone
              > else
              > > had a similar experience or am I just special? (maybe short bus
              > special)
              > >
              > > Elton
              > > CW9423

            • elton2861
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 3, 2008
                Last night I finally unplugged the replacement power supply and the
                time was updated as it usually did just after midnight.

                Tonight another experiment. I moved the plug in power supply down to
                the wall outlet and unwrap all the extra cord. I'll let you all know
                if it works again tonight or not.

                Elton
                CW9423