Re: New WU Forecast page ehancements.

  • jtorsitano
    Message 1 of 29 , Feb 1, 2008
      I was just pointing out weatherforyou.com still leaves the links and
      credit to personal weather stations right with the data instead of
      keeping them on a separate page.

      --
      Joe Torsitano
      weatherforyou.com

      > Not sure I understand what your talking about Joe? weatherforyou
      > seems to be fine here
      >
      > Rick
      > KOHWAPAK1
      >

      > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "jtorsitano"
      > <jtorsitano@> wrote:
      > >
      > > They moved the links to our web sites down another page level. :(
      > > weatherforyou.com still keeps them with the data at the top of the
      > > local forecast pages. But we appear to have different goals and
      > > purposes for personal weather station data.
      > >

      > > --
      > > Joe Torsitano
      > > weatherforyou.com

      > > <wuhu_software@> wrote:
      > > >

      > > > If you have not checked out your WU forecast page, take a look.
      > > >
      > > > There is a new radar/webcam tab that allows you to see the current
      > > > radar image or you can cycle through the webcam snapshots in the
      area.

      > > > There are new weather icons and a new station list format at the
      > bottom.
      > > >
      > > > Looks good!
      > > >
      > > > Thanks WU.

    • jtorsitano
      Message 2 of 29 , Feb 1, 2008
        weatherforyou.com would also appreciate CONSTRUCTIVE criticism. I
        think many underestimate the capabilities of the programmers we have
        at our disposal so think other sites can do things we can't. All I'll
        say is we have a number of things in the works and in a few months
        we'll be proving otherwise. ;)

        --
        Joe Torsitano
        jtorsitano@...

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Alan Steremberg"
        <alans@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > The city page redesign has taken a lot of work and time. There are a
        > number of things that didn't make it into the redesign yet.
        >
        > One example being to change the hide / show button image into text so
        > it can be translated. Another will let people choose the smiley icons.
        >
        > Todd is planning to add a small icon with the link to the table. Our
        > main design concern was trying to get each station to fit on one line
        > to make the table more usable.
        >
        > Please continue to email us with constructive criticism.
        >
        > Alan
        > > ---------
        > > Alan Steremberg
        > > Weather Underground
        > >

        > > On Jan 31, 2008, at 11:15 PM, "jtorsitano" <jtorsitano@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > > They moved the links to our web sites down another page level. :(
        > > > weatherforyou.com still keeps them with the data at the top of the
        > > > local forecast pages. But we appear to have different goals and
        > > > purposes for personal weather station data.
        > > >
        > > > --
        > > > Joe Torsitano
        > > > weatherforyou.com

        > > > area.

        > > > bottom.

        > --
        > Alan Steremberg
        > Weather Underground
        > 415-543-5022 x 103
        > http://www.wunderground.com

      • wunderyakuza
        Message 3 of 29 , Feb 1, 2008
          Hi Michael,

          Right now the only way we're ingesting web cams is if you'll upload
          them to us via FTP. If your camera can upload to us, you can sign up
          here: http://www.wunderground.com/webcams/signup.html

          Be sure to associate your station with the camera on that signup page.
          If you can't FTP but have you camera uploading somewhere on the web,
          you'll just have to be patient. We're working out other methods to
          ingest cam images at the moment.

          Thanks!
          Aaron Cowdin
          Developer
          Weather Underground

          --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Michael Detwiler
          <cookevilleweatherguy@...> wrote:

          > Wondering how we could ADD a current webcam site to the list of
          WebCams on Wunderground.

          > Check out my Weather Blog exclusively at:
          >
          > www.cookevilleweatherguy.com
          >
          > Grab this Headline Animator

        • John Celenza
          Message 4 of 29 , Feb 1, 2008
            Hello,

            Thanks for pointing out the missing personal web site links from the
            PWS station list at the bottom of Wunderground city pages.
            We added the personal links when available to the right column of the
            PWS list :-)

            Thanks again, this list is extremely helpful when we launch new products.

            -John

            On Feb 1, 2008 10:13 AM, jtorsitano <jtorsitano@...> wrote:

            > I was just pointing out weatherforyou.com still leaves the links and
            > credit to personal weather stations right with the data instead of
            > keeping them on a separate page.
            >
            > --
            > Joe Torsitano
            > weatherforyou.com
            >

            > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Rick" <cfr301@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Not sure I understand what your talking about Joe? weatherforyou
            > > seems to be fine here
            > >
            > > Rick
            > > KOHWAPAK1
            > >

            > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "jtorsitano"
            > > <jtorsitano@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > They moved the links to our web sites down another page level. :(
            > > > weatherforyou.com still keeps them with the data at the top of the
            > > > local forecast pages. But we appear to have different goals and
            > > > purposes for personal weather station data.
            > > >

            > > > --
            > > > Joe Torsitano
            > > > weatherforyou.com

            > area.

            > > bottom.

            John Celenza
            Director of Weather Technology
            Phone (415) 543-5022 x105
            FAX (415) 543-5044
            john@...
            Message 5 of 29 , Feb 1, 2008
              WOW, that was fast. Thanks for adding the website link, checked it
              out and works great.

              Steve

              --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "John Celenza"
              <john.celenza@...> wrote:

              > Hello,
              >
              > Thanks for pointing out the missing personal web site links from
              the
              > PWS station list at the bottom of Wunderground city pages.
              > We added the personal links when available to the right column of
              the
              > PWS list :-)
              >
              > Thanks again, this list is extremely helpful when we launch new
              products.

              > -John
              >
              > On Feb 1, 2008 10:13 AM, jtorsitano <jtorsitano@...> wrote:
              > >

              > > I was just pointing out weatherforyou.com still leaves the links
              and
              > > credit to personal weather stations right with the data instead
              of
              > > keeping them on a separate page.
              > >
              > > --
              > > Joe Torsitano
              > > weatherforyou.com
              > >

              > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Rick" <cfr301@>
              wrote:

              > > > Not sure I understand what your talking about Joe?
              weatherforyou
              > > > seems to be fine here
              > > >
              > > > Rick
              > > > KOHWAPAK1
              > > >

              > > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "jtorsitano"

              > > area.

              > > > bottom.

              > --
              > John Celenza
              > Director of Weather Technology
              > Phone (415) 543-5022 x105
              > FAX (415) 543-5044
              > john@...

            • Rick
              Message 6 of 29 , Feb 1, 2008
                Ditto here too!

                Rick
                KOHWAPAK1

                http://www.bright.net/~cfr301/weather.htm

                <steve_03222@...> wrote:

                > WOW, that was fast. Thanks for adding the website link, checked it
                > out and works great.
                >
                > Steve
                >

                > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "John Celenza"
                > <john.celenza@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Hello,
                > >
                > > Thanks for pointing out the missing personal web site links from
                > the
                > > PWS station list at the bottom of Wunderground city pages.
                > > We added the personal links when available to the right column of
                > the
                > > PWS list :-)
                > >
                > > Thanks again, this list is extremely helpful when we launch new
                > products.
                > >
                > > -John
                > >
                > > On Feb 1, 2008 10:13 AM, jtorsitano <jtorsitano@> wrote:
                > > >

                > > > I was just pointing out weatherforyou.com still leaves the links
                > and
                > > > credit to personal weather stations right with the data instead
                > of
                > > > keeping them on a separate page.
                > > >
                > > > --
                > > > Joe Torsitano
                > > > weatherforyou.com
                > > >

                > > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Rick" <cfr301@>

                > weatherforyou

                > level. :(
                > of the
                > and

                > look.

                > the current
                > in the
                > > > area.

                > at the

                > > --
                > > John Celenza
                > > Director of Weather Technology
                > > Phone (415) 543-5022 x105
                > > FAX (415) 543-5044
                > > john@

              • jtorsitano
                Message 7 of 29 , Feb 1, 2008
                  Steve,

                  You're welcome that I pointed it out. :P

                  Still waiting to hear what your beef is with me.

                  --
                  Joe Torsitano
                  jtorsitano@...

                  <steve_03222@...> wrote:

                  > WOW, that was fast. Thanks for adding the website link, checked it
                  > out and works great.
                  >
                  > Steve
                  >

                  > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "John Celenza"
                  > <john.celenza@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Hello,
                  > >
                  > > Thanks for pointing out the missing personal web site links from
                  > the
                  > > PWS station list at the bottom of Wunderground city pages.
                  > > We added the personal links when available to the right column of
                  > the
                  > > PWS list :-)
                  > >
                  > > Thanks again, this list is extremely helpful when we launch new
                  > products.
                  > >
                  > > -John
                  > >
                  > > On Feb 1, 2008 10:13 AM, jtorsitano <jtorsitano@> wrote:
                  > > >

                  > > > I was just pointing out weatherforyou.com still leaves the links
                  > and
                  > > > credit to personal weather stations right with the data instead
                  > of
                  > > > keeping them on a separate page.
                  > > >
                  > > > --
                  > > > Joe Torsitano
                  > > > weatherforyou.com
                  > > >

                  > > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Rick" <cfr301@>

                  > weatherforyou

                  > level. :(
                  > of the
                  > and

                  > look.

                  > the current
                  > in the
                  > > > area.

                  > at the

                  > > --
                  > > John Celenza
                  > > Director of Weather Technology
                  > > Phone (415) 543-5022 x105
                  > > FAX (415) 543-5044
                  > > john@

                • RS Moreland
                  Message 8 of 29 , Feb 1, 2008
                    Hi Joe,
                    Any chance you can say more about some of the things in the works. As
                    I recall there was something from you about more pws data being on the
                    W4Y webpage for an individuals' weather site.
                    Can you share?
                    Regards, Bob

                    <jtorsitano@...> wrote:

                    > weatherforyou.com would also appreciate CONSTRUCTIVE criticism. I
                    > think many underestimate the capabilities of the programmers we have
                    > at our disposal so think other sites can do things we can't. All I'll
                    > say is we have a number of things in the works and in a few months
                    > we'll be proving otherwise. ;)
                    >

                    > --
                    > Joe Torsitano
                    > jtorsitano@...
                    > weatherforyou.com
                    >

                    > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Alan Steremberg"
                    > <alans@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Hi,
                    > >
                    > > The city page redesign has taken a lot of work and time. There are a
                    > > number of things that didn't make it into the redesign yet.
                    > >
                    > > One example being to change the hide / show button image into text so
                    > > it can be translated. Another will let people choose the smiley icons.
                    > >
                    > > Todd is planning to add a small icon with the link to the table. Our
                    > > main design concern was trying to get each station to fit on one line
                    > > to make the table more usable.
                    > >
                    > > Please continue to email us with constructive criticism.
                    > >
                    > > Alan
                    > > > ---------
                    > > > Alan Steremberg
                    > > > Weather Underground

                    > > --
                    > > Alan Steremberg
                    > > Weather Underground
                    > > 415-543-5022 x 103
                    > > http://www.wunderground.com

                  • Rick
                    Message 9 of 29 , Feb 1, 2008
                      Please give it a rest, this list isn't a forum for different weather
                      data vendors to snipe at one and other.

                      I for one am here to learn from everyone.

                      <jtorsitano@...> wrote:

                      > Steve,
                      >
                      > You're welcome that I pointed it out. :P
                      >
                      > Still waiting to hear what your beef is with me.
                      >

                      > --
                      > Joe Torsitano
                      > jtorsitano@...
                      > weatherforyou.com

                      > <steve_03222@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > WOW, that was fast. Thanks for adding the website link, checked it
                      > > out and works great.
                      > >
                      > > Steve
                      > >

                      > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "John Celenza"
                      > > <john.celenza@> wrote:
                      > > >
                      > > > Hello,
                      > > >
                      > > > Thanks for pointing out the missing personal web site links from
                      > > the
                      > > > PWS station list at the bottom of Wunderground city pages.
                      > > > We added the personal links when available to the right column of
                      > > the
                      > > > PWS list :-)
                      > > >
                      > > > Thanks again, this list is extremely helpful when we launch new
                      > > products.
                      > > >
                      > > > -John

                      > > and
                      > > of

                      > > weatherforyou

                      > > level. :(
                      > > of the
                      > > and

                      > > look.

                      > > the current
                      > > in the

                      > > at the

                      > > > --
                      > > > ============================================================
                      > > > John Celenza
                      > > > Director of Weather Technology
                      > > > Phone (415) 543-5022 x105
                      > > > FAX (415) 543-5044
                      > > > john@
                      > > > ============================================================

                    • Bunnee
                      Message 10 of 29 , Feb 1, 2008
                        Amen

                        <jtorsitano@ ...> wrote:

                        > Steve,
                        >
                        > You're welcome that I pointed it out. :P
                        >
                        > Still waiting to hear what your beef is with me.
                        >

                        > --
                        > Joe Torsitano
                        > jtorsitano@. ..
                        > weatherforyou. com
                        >
                        > --- In wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com, "steve_03222"
                        > <steve_03222@ > wrote:
                        > >
                        > > WOW, that was fast. Thanks for adding the website link, checked it
                        > > out and works great.
                        > >
                        > > Steve
                        > >

                        > > --- In wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com, "John Celenza"
                        > > <john.celenza@ > wrote:
                        > > >
                        > > > Hello,
                        > > >
                        > > > Thanks for pointing out the missing personal web site links from
                        > > the
                        > > > PWS station list at the bottom of Wunderground city pages.
                        > > > We added the personal links when available to the right column of
                        > > the
                        > > > PWS list :-)
                        > > >
                        > > > Thanks again, this list is extremely helpful when we launch new
                        > > products.
                        > > >
                        > > > -John

                        > > and
                        > > of

                        > > weatherforyou

                        > > level. :(
                        > > of the
                        > > and

                        > > look.

                        > > the current
                        > > in the

                        > > at the

                        > > > --
                        > > > ============ ========= ========= ========= ========= ========= ===
                        > > > John Celenza
                        > > > Director of Weather Technology
                        > > > Phone (415) 543-5022 x105
                        > > > FAX (415) 543-5044
                        > > > john@
                        > > > ============ ========= ========= ========= ========= ========= ===

                      • utahweatherbear
                        Message 11 of 29 , Feb 1, 2008
                          Billary vs. Obama
                          McCain vs. Mitt
                          Steve vs. Joe

                          Lovely! ;-)

                          > Please give it a rest, this list isn't a forum for different weather
                          > data vendors to snipe at one and other.
                          >
                          > I for one am here to learn from everyone.
                          >
                          > Rick
                          > KOHWAPAK1
                          >
                          > http://www.bright.net/~cfr301/weather.htm
                          >

                          > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "jtorsitano"
                          > <jtorsitano@> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > Steve,
                          > >
                          > > You're welcome that I pointed it out. :P
                          > >
                          > > Still waiting to hear what your beef is with me.
                          > >

                          > > --
                          > > Joe Torsitano
                          > > jtorsitano@
                          > > weatherforyou.com
                          > >
                          > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "steve_03222"
                          > > <steve_03222@> wrote:
                          > > >
                          > > > WOW, that was fast. Thanks for adding the website link, checked
                          it
                          > > > out and works great.
                          > > >
                          > > > Steve
                          > > >

                          > > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "John Celenza"

                          > > > the
                          > > > the

                          > > > products.

                          > > > and
                          > > > of

                          > > > weatherforyou

                          > > > level. :(
                          > > > of the
                          > > > and

                          wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "wuhu_software"

                          > > > look.

                          > > > the current
                          > > > in the

                          > > > at the

                        • jtorsitano
                          Message 12 of 29 , Feb 1, 2008
                            Hi Bob,

                            weatherforyou.com committed over nine years ago when it started that
                            all the proceeds from pages with personal weather station data and a
                            percentage of the net income would be put into the support of personal
                            weather stations (especially those who actively promote and support
                            weatherforyou.com). We also committed to NEVER operate with ANY debt.
                            I'm pleased to say that December was a very good month, giving us the
                            necessary resources to contract with a number of excellent programmers
                            for enhancements we've been wanting to do for quite some time.

                            Some of it are things that people said "WU does this, why don't you?"
                            There will be pages with data presented in a more "enhanced" format.
                            It will include graphs and other items. The data with the local
                            forecasts will link to these pages if the contributor doesn't have a
                            web site or if they'd prefer not to have their data linked to their
                            web site. The priority will still be to direct people to a
                            contributor's web site, but this will give an option for the growing
                            number of people who don't have a web site and for those using the new
                            IP devices.

                            The sign-up pages will be improved with more guidance about
                            registering, adding a station (or add multiple stations under one
                            login) and sending data.

                            In conjunction with the co-operated domain pwsweather.com we'll have
                            archive data available in a number of different ways. We've been
                            storing data back to at least 2003 for every station that sends data.

                            We're going to make available a number of different maps for people to
                            use on their own web sites.

                            There will be new maps displaying the location of stations that send
                            data, including state level maps. We may get rid of the current PWS
                            map because there seems to be more confusion about it's purpose than
                            when it first appeared nine years ago. I hate to leave out those
                            stations that have web sites but cannot send data, but I know it was
                            the source of a great amount of "is that all your site is?" when some
                            people here first visited weatherforyou.com.

                            Other things I'll have to wait until they're introduced because we're
                            still determining the usability and feasability of certain things, and
                            I don't want other sites with more resources to get any ideas. ;)

                            This is a good time to let us know of what you think we should add,
                            too. Please e-mail me directly, though.

                            Probably a lot more detail than you wanted to hear, but there it is.

                            --
                            Joe Torsitano
                            jtorsitano@...

                            --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "RS Moreland"
                            <bobmoreland@...> wrote:

                            > Hi Joe,
                            > Any chance you can say more about some of the things in the works. As
                            > I recall there was something from you about more pws data being on the
                            > W4Y webpage for an individuals' weather site.
                            > Can you share?
                            > Regards, Bob
                            >

                            > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "jtorsitano"
                            > <jtorsitano@> wrote:
                            > >
                            > > weatherforyou.com would also appreciate CONSTRUCTIVE criticism. I
                            > > think many underestimate the capabilities of the programmers we have
                            > > at our disposal so think other sites can do things we can't. All I'll
                            > > say is we have a number of things in the works and in a few months
                            > > we'll be proving otherwise. ;)
                            > >

                            > > --
                            > > Joe Torsitano
                            > > jtorsitano@
                            > > weatherforyou.com
                            > >

                            > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Alan Steremberg"
                            > > <alans@> wrote:
                            > > >
                            > > > Hi,
                            > > >
                            > > > The city page redesign has taken a lot of work and time. There are a
                            > > > number of things that didn't make it into the redesign yet.
                            > > >
                            > > > One example being to change the hide / show button image into
                            text so
                            > > > it can be translated. Another will let people choose the smiley
                            icons.

                            > > > Todd is planning to add a small icon with the link to the table. Our
                            > > > main design concern was trying to get each station to fit on one
                            line
                            > > > to make the table more usable.
                            > > >
                            > > > Please continue to email us with constructive criticism.
                            > > >
                            > > > Alan

                            > current

                            > > > --
                            > > > Alan Steremberg
                            > > > Weather Underground
                            > > > 415-543-5022 x 103
                            > > > http://www.wunderground.com

                          • jtorsitano
                            Message 13 of 29 , Feb 1, 2008
                              Sheesh... can't anyone around here take a joke? I haven't seen WU
                              doing any sniping, just their extremely dedicated fan. And I'm just
                              trying to find out, OFF LIST, why there is such extreme bias against
                              weatherforyou.com and a fellow weather enthusiast by a moderator.

                              I'd love to, and probably will, "give it a rest." I didn't want this
                              to happen. As a new WUHU user once I became more familiar with the
                              program I wanted to be able to contribute more and help others as I do
                              elsewhere. But out of all the forums I actively participate in this
                              is the only one where I can be certain anything I say will be
                              criticized in some way by one particular person that won't even tell
                              me why they have something against the company I represent or me.
                              There is a serious bias against weatherforyou.com for some reason.
                              I'm a weather enthusiast, too. I contribute to CWOP. I contribute to
                              AWEKAS. I contribute to WU. I can't say what I think is a problem
                              with them as a weather station owner that participates in their
                              program? I can't say what I like better about weatherforyou.com as
                              someone that sends data there? Yet a moderator can point out what's
                              wrong with weatherforyou.com in a non-constructive way?

                              I made a similar comment in another forum and was told that
                              weatherforyou.com is probably not recognized enough for their
                              contributions but they are greatly appreciated. Here they get slapped
                              by a moderator. I did get an encouraging PM from someone here who
                              said they didn't know what the problem was.

                              For those who need help with sending their data to
                              weatherforyou.com/HAMweather feel free to e-mail me at
                              jtorsitano[at]weatherforyou.com. Other contact information is
                              available on the web site.

                              --
                              Joe Torsitano
                              weatherforyou.com

                              > Please give it a rest, this list isn't a forum for different weather
                              > data vendors to snipe at one and other.
                              >
                              > I for one am here to learn from everyone.
                              >
                              > Rick
                              > KOHWAPAK1
                              >
                              > http://www.bright.net/~cfr301/weather.htm
                              >

                              > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "jtorsitano"
                              > <jtorsitano@> wrote:
                              > >
                              > > Steve,
                              > >
                              > > You're welcome that I pointed it out. :P
                              > >
                              > > Still waiting to hear what your beef is with me.
                              > >

                              > > --
                              > > Joe Torsitano
                              > > jtorsitano@
                              > > weatherforyou.com
                              > >
                              > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "steve_03222"
                              > > <steve_03222@> wrote:
                              > > >
                              > > > WOW, that was fast. Thanks for adding the website link, checked it
                              > > > out and works great.
                              > > >
                              > > > Steve
                              > > >

                              > > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "John Celenza"

                              > > > the
                              > > > the

                              > > > products.

                              > > > and
                              > > > of

                              > > > weatherforyou

                              > > > level. :(
                              > > > of the
                              > > > and

                              > > > look.

                              > > > the current
                              > > > in the

                              > > > at the

                            • D Doty
                              Message 14 of 29 , Feb 1, 2008
                                Joe,
                                If you don't stop trying to PUSH your site here, I will stop uploading my data to your site.
                                If you want to advertise, please do so on your own forum. That's not what we do here.
                                Dennis
                                IZAMBALE1

> [...]

                                --- In wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com, "Rick" <cfr301@...> wrote:

                                > Please give it a rest, this list isn't a forum for different weather
                                > data vendors to snipe at one and other.
                                >
                                > I for one am here to learn from everyone.
                                >
                                > Rick
                                > KOHWAPAK1
                                >
                                > http://www.bright. net/~cfr301/ weather.htm
                                >

                                > --- In wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com, "jtorsitano"
                                > <jtorsitano@ > wrote:
                                > >
                                > > Steve,
                                > >
                                > > You're welcome that I pointed it out. :P
                                > >
                                > > Still waiting to hear what your beef is with me.
                                > >

                                > > --
                                > > Joe Torsitano
                                > > jtorsitano@
                                > > weatherforyou. com
                                > >
                                > > --- In wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com, "steve_03222"
                                > > <steve_03222@ > wrote:
                                > > >
                                > > > WOW, that was fast. Thanks for adding the website link, checked it

                              • Joe Torsitano
                                Message 15 of 29 , Feb 1, 2008
                                  So others can praise WU for their enhancements and additions but I can't say what we offer?  Fine.  Hardly seems fair.  If I came across as pushing I apologize.  It was only my intention to inform.  I haven't done anything different here than on all the other forums I participate in and have never been accused of improper behavior.

                                  Whether you send your data or not is your choice.  It really is no more or less work for us.  Our site was created specifically to serve personal weather stations when others were saying they "weren't relevant to (their) content."  While it would be my pleasure to continue to serve you, if you choose not to send data and have people see your contributions is up to you.

                                  --
                                   Joe Torsitano
                                   weatherforyou.com

> [...]

                                  --- In wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com, "Rick" <cfr301@...> wrote:

                                  > Please give it a rest, this list isn't a forum for different weather
                                  > data vendors to snipe at one and other.
                                  >
                                  > I for one am here to learn from everyone.
                                  >
                                  > Rick
                                  > KOHWAPAK1
                                  >
                                  > http://www.bright. net/~cfr301/ weather.htm
                                  >

                                  > --- In wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com, "jtorsitano"
                                  > <jtorsitano@ > wrote:
                                  > >
                                  > > Steve,
                                  > >
                                  > > You're welcome that I pointed it out. :P
                                  > >
                                  > > Still waiting to hear what your beef is with me.
                                  > >

                                  > > --
                                  > > Joe Torsitano
                                  > > jtorsitano@
                                  > > weatherforyou. com
                                  > >
                                  > > --- In wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com, "steve_03222"
                                  > > <steve_03222@ > wrote:
                                  > > >
                                  > > > WOW, that was fast. Thanks for adding the website link, checked it

                                • Joe Torsitano
                                  Message 16 of 29 , Feb 1, 2008
                                    BTW... I was ASKED by a member of this group to outline the new services that are going to be offered on that site I can't talk about.

                                    --
                                     Joe Torsitano

> [...]

                                    --- In wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com, "Rick" <cfr301@...> wrote:

                                    > Please give it a rest, this list isn't a forum for different weather
                                    > data vendors to snipe at one and other.
                                    >
                                    > I for one am here to learn from everyone.
                                    >
                                    > Rick
                                    > KOHWAPAK1
                                    >
                                    > http://www.bright. net/~cfr301/ weather.htm
                                    >

                                    > --- In wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com, "jtorsitano"
                                    > <jtorsitano@ > wrote:
                                    > >
                                    > > Steve,
                                    > >
                                    > > You're welcome that I pointed it out. :P
                                    > >
                                    > > Still waiting to hear what your beef is with me.
                                    > >

                                    > > --
                                    > > Joe Torsitano
                                    > > jtorsitano@
                                    > > weatherforyou. com
                                    > >
                                    > > --- In wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com, "steve_03222"
                                    > > <steve_03222@ > wrote:
                                    > > >
                                    > > > WOW, that was fast. Thanks for adding the website link, checked it

                                  • Michael Detwiler
                                    Message 17 of 29 , Feb 2, 2008
                                      Joe:

                                      On behalf of the people who are level-headed on this forum, I think what you offer is very, very good and for the life of me, I cannot begin to imagine why some people seem to have a problem with you.

                                      My advice would be to just ignore them.  Thanks for your product and website.

                                      Sincerely,
                                      Michael D.

                                      Joe Torsitano <jtorsitano@...> wrote:
> [...]

                                      > > weatherforyou. com
                                      > >
                                      > > --- In wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com, "steve_03222"
                                      > > <steve_03222@ > wrote:
                                      > > >
                                      > > > WOW, that was fast. Thanks for adding the website link, checked it
                                      > > > out and works great.
                                      > > >
                                      > > > Steve
                                      > > >

                                      > > > --- In wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com, "John Celenza"

                                      > > > the
                                      > > > the

                                      > > > products.

                                      > > > and
                                      > > > of

                                      > > > weatherforyou

                                      > > > level. :(
                                      > > > of the
                                      > > > and

                                      > > > look.

                                      > > > the current
                                      > > > in the

                                      > > > at the

                                      Check out my Weather Blog exclusively at:

                                      The Weather Guy

                                      Message 18 of 29 , Feb 3, 2008
                                        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Michael Detwiler
                                        <cookevilleweatherguy@...> wrote:

                                        > Joe:
                                        >
                                        > On behalf of the people who are level-headed on this forum, I
                                        think what you offer is very, very good and for the life of me, I
                                        cannot begin to imagine why some people seem to have a problem with you.

                                        > My advice would be to just ignore them. Thanks for your product
                                        and website.

                                        > Sincerely,
                                        > Michael D.

                                        I agree Michael. Well said.

                                        Regards, Bob

                                        > Joe Torsitano <jtorsitano@...> wrote:
                                        > So others can praise WU for their enhancements and
                                        additions but I can't say what we offer? Fine. Hardly seems fair.
                                        If I came across as pushing I apologize. It was only my intention to
                                        inform. I haven't done anything different here than on all the other
                                        forums I participate in and have never been accused of improper behavior.

                                        > Whether you send your data or not is your choice. It really is no
                                        more or less work for us. Our site was created specifically to serve
                                        personal weather stations when others were saying they "weren't
                                        relevant to (their) content." While it would be my pleasure to
                                        continue to serve you, if you choose not to send data and have people
                                        see your contributions is up to you.

                                        > --
                                        > Joe Torsitano
                                        > weatherforyou.com

                                        Search.

                                        > ---------------------------------
                                        Search.

                                        > Check out my Weather Blog exclusively at:
                                        >

                                        > www.cookevilleweatherguy.com
                                        >

                                        > Grab this Headline Animator
                                        >

                                        > ---------------------------------
                                        Search.

                                      • michrina1
                                        Message 19 of 29 , Feb 3, 2008
                                          I agree with Michael and Bob.

                                          Just ignore them, Joe. You were asked a question and gave an answer
                                          that was articulate and complete.

                                          Tom

                                          <bobmoreland@...> wrote:

                                          > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Michael Detwiler
                                          > <cookevilleweatherguy@> wrote:
                                          > >
                                          > > Joe:
                                          > >
                                          > > On behalf of the people who are level-headed on this forum, I
                                          > think what you offer is very, very good and for the life of me, I
                                          > cannot begin to imagine why some people seem to have a problem with
                                          you.

                                          > > My advice would be to just ignore them. Thanks for your product
                                          > and website.
                                          > >
                                          > > Sincerely,
                                          > > Michael D.
                                          >
                                          > I agree Michael. Well said.
                                          >
                                          > Regards, Bob
                                          >

                                          > > Joe Torsitano <jtorsitano@> wrote:
                                          > > So others can praise WU for their enhancements and
                                          > additions but I can't say what we offer? Fine. Hardly seems fair.
                                          > If I came across as pushing I apologize. It was only my intention
                                          > inform. I haven't done anything different here than on all the
                                          other
                                          > forums I participate in and have never been accused of improper
                                          behavior.

                                          > > Whether you send your data or not is your choice. It really is no
                                          > more or less work for us. Our site was created specifically to
                                          serve
                                          > personal weather stations when others were saying they "weren't
                                          > relevant to (their) content." While it would be my pleasure to
                                          > continue to serve you, if you choose not to send data and have
                                          people
                                          > see your contributions is up to you.
                                          > >

                                          > > --
                                          > > Joe Torsitano