Weather Underground

  • Ron Wayman
    Message 1 of 21 , Feb 24, 2006
      Is working now and seems to be back up to speed.

      Ron KFLTAMPA42
      Message 2 of 21 , Feb 24, 2006
        Working over here as well now.

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Ron Wayman"
        <jeffrondee@...> wrote:

        > Is working now and seems to be back up to speed.
        >
        > Ron KFLTAMPA42

      • Andrew B. Reese
        Message 3 of 21 , Apr 17, 2008
          I have noticed recent reports in the media stating one of Senator
          Obama's previous associates was a part of Weather Underground like it
          was a negative thing. I didn't think we were all that bad.

          Andy
        • CMOwen@att.net
          Message 4 of 21 , Apr 17, 2008
            They are referring to the 1960 radicals The Weathermen A.K.A. The Weather Underground. Thus, why the Obama association is considered a bad thing.

            Our (us fans) Weather Underground Inc. refers to this as follows "The growing Internet weather program was given the name "The Weather Underground", a tongue-in-cheek reference to the 1960's radical group that also originated at the University of Michigan." http://www.wunderground.com/about/background.asp

            Charles
            CW4870
            KTNMADIS2

            -------------- Original message from "Andrew B. Reese" <areesemd@...>: --------------

            I have noticed recent reports in the media stating one of Senator
            Obama's previous associates was a part of Weather Underground like it
            was a negative thing. I didn't think we were all that bad.

            Andy

          • Rich Brunnworth
            Message 5 of 21 , Apr 17, 2008
              Well....... Check this out

              <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weatherman_%28organization%29>

              and also this:

              <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Weather_Underground>

              maybe we are.... LOL

              Rich

              --
              Rich
            • Radu Eugen
              Message 6 of 21 , Apr 17, 2008

                Hi, so when we joined the Weather Underground we also signed up for a terrorist organisation we don 't know anything about ?! Since when the weather observation has become a terrorist act and sharing to everybody it means that we spread some bad things like how many degrees are outside ?! Weird point of view, probably he who said that didn't mean that all weather observations enthusiasts arel terrorists.

                At least I like to believe so. Eugen, Oradea, Romania

                Message 7 of 21 , Apr 17, 2008
                  Radu, et al,
                  Someone posted a Wikipedia link to the group known by that name stating it took "Weathermen" from a Dylan song. The democrats are talking about their candidates second-hand ties to the terrorist organization which has nothing to do with ACTUALLY BEING CIVIC MINDED AND REPORTING the weather. Their group is a corruption of 'knowing which way the wind blows' originally meaning politically 'knowing  the opinion of the masses' (also that phrase means 'knowledgeable of your surroundings' non-politically)

                  This is the dangers of adopting a "tongue-in-cheek" name, see http://www.wunderground.com/about/background.asp

                  Again, the Weather Underground Inc. we know and love refers to this as follows "The growing Internet weather program was given the name "The Weather Underground", a tongue-in-cheek reference to the 1960's radical group that also originated at the University of Michigan."

                  -------------- Original message from Radu Eugen <eugenraduoradea@...>: --------------

                  Hi, so when we joined the Weather Underground we also signed up for a terrorist organisation we don 't know anything about ?! Since when the weather observation has become a terrorist act and sharing to everybody it means that we spread some bad things like how many degrees are outside ?! Weird point of view, probably he who said that didn't mean that all weather observations enthusiasts arel terrorists.

                  At least I like to believe so. Eugen, Oradea, Romania

                  > I have noticed recent reports in the media stating one of Senator
                  > Obama's previous associates was a part of Weather Underground like it
                  > was a negative thing. I didn't think we were all that bad.

                  --
                  Rich

                • Alan Steremberg
                  Message 8 of 21 , Apr 18, 2008
                    Luckily almost all of the current 'members' of the Weather
                    Underground, Inc. are too young to be 60s radicals :-)

                    --
                    Alan Steremberg
                    Weather Underground
                    Message 9 of 21 , Apr 18, 2008

                      Isn't that the truth!!

                      Bunch of morons with the 'other' Weather Underground....I always use the name "Wunderground" to refer to our PWS on the internet at "Wunderground" dot com.

                      ~MD

                      Check Out My Weather Blog Exclusively At:
                      www.cookevilleweatherguy.com

                      Personal Weather Station Reporting To:

                      CoCoRaHS County Coordinator
                      SKYARN Trained Storm Spotter

                      --
                      Alan Steremberg
                      Weather Underground

                    • Jaye Ellen
                      Message 10 of 21 , Apr 18, 2008
                        Indeed?  In 1968 I crossed a picket line to help a San Francisco "hippie" radio station.... while I was Chief Engineer at my college radio station (KFJC-FM, 89.7 MHz) in Los Altos California....  OOOPS!  I just dated my self !!!  Not too awful radical though.
                        Jaye Ellen

                      • Jeff Le Doux
                        Message 11 of 21 , Apr 18, 2008

                          In 1969 I graduated from college, and should have in 1964.  Talk about being dated.  The radical Weather Underground was not active on our campus, since we were a small Church related liberal arts college in Virginia .  Talk about being dated.  I do appreciate the comments though, they bring back memories.  Keep up the public service to the internet so people can find out what the weather is doing, and may do.

                          KMEWILTO1

                          Indeed?  In 1968 I crossed a picket line to help a San Francisco "hippie" radio station.... while I was Chief Engineer at my college radio station (KFJC-FM, 89.7 MHz) in Los Altos California.. ..  OOOPS!  I just dated my self !!!  Not too awful radical though.
                          Jaye Ellen

                        • Chris R. Holt

                            Message 13 of 21 , Apr 18, 2008
                              Gee, Chris !!!

                              I bet things changed lots between 1968 and 1974  back then I had gone for my 3rd Class, found it too easy, and took all the tests for the 1st Phone ... granted July 5 1967, Radar Endorsement in November of the same year!  I joined the Air Force May of 1968, in a previous lifetime, but mahybe you remember the newspaper headlines on Feb 24 1969... I hit the big time then with a nasty accident on ... omg --- I forgot the street!  But back the it was the last exit off of I-280 Northbound ... Page Mill Road?  Anyway my brain got fried and the Air Force retired me medically most of 15 years later, May 9 1984.

                              Where are you living now, Chris?  I wandered around the world and have settled down in Tennessee.  I'm most anxious to hear about "Excedrin Headache Number 89.7" and what happpened in those bygone years!
                              Jaye Ellen  jaye.ellen@...

                            • Kris Olmstead, W2FLR
                              Message 14 of 21 , Jan 9, 2014
                                Curious.... is anyone else having an issue seeing their data at
                                wunderground? I couldn't get my site or the main wunderground site to
                                load this morning. And now, occasionally mine will pop but it shows
                                last nights data. Right now it's 6:47 PM EST and my site is displaying
                                info from last night at 7:53 PM, if and when it loads.

                                Thanks.

                                Kris Olmstead
                                KNYOTISC2
                                fingerlakesweather.com
                                And a happy user of WUHU software
                              • ronw72
                                Message 15 of 21 , Jan 9, 2014
                                  I haven't been able to access weather underground all day??

                                  Ron
                                • Jed Petrovich
                                  Message 16 of 21 , Jan 9, 2014
                                    Several entities report that the WU site is down.

                                    Jed

                                    Sent from Mailbox for iPhone

                                    Message 17 of 21 , Jan 9, 2014
                                      Thanks

                                      At least I'm not alone.  I tried accessing  earlier to day and it is still down here in Florida this evening.

                                      Ron
                                    • jimnbarbies
                                      Message 18 of 21 , Jan 9, 2014
                                        Worked this am, not this PM in KY
                                        Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                                        From: <1rondee@...>
                                        Sender: wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com
                                        Date: 09 Jan 2014 16:37:35 -0800
                                        To: <wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com>
                                        ReplyTo: wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com
                                        Subject: Re: [wuhu_software_group] RE: Weather Underground

                                        Thanks

                                        At least I'm not alone.  I tried accessing  earlier to day and it is still down here in Florida this evening.

                                        Ron

                                      • Chris Mattingly
                                        Message 19 of 21 , Jan 9, 2014

                                          I've noticed a huge increase in WU upload failures. Probably a correlation between that and the WU site itself being down?

                                          From: <1rondee@...>
                                          Date: 09 Jan 2014 16:37:35 -0800

                                          Thanks

                                          At least I'm not alone.  I tried accessing  earlier to day and it is still down here in Florida this evening.

                                          Ron

                                        • KNHBRIST1
                                          Message 20 of 21 , Jan 9, 2014
                                            Ya, they had a major issue around noon time and had 20+ people working on it.
                                            Looks like they got it back working a bit before 8PM.

                                            Steve

                                            --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Chris Mattingly <chris@...> wrote:

                                            > I've noticed a huge increase in WU upload failures. Probably a correlation
                                            > between that and the WU site itself being down?
                                            > On Jan 9, 2014 7:40 PM, <jimnbarbie@...> wrote:
                                            >

                                            > > Worked this am, not this PM in KY
                                            > > Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T
                                            > > ------------------------------
                                            > > *From: * <1rondee@...>
                                            > > *Sender: * wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com
                                            > > *Date: *09 Jan 2014 16:37:35 -0800
                                            > > *To: *<wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com>
                                            > > *ReplyTo: * wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com
                                            > > *Subject: *Re: [wuhu_software_group] RE: Weather Underground
                                            > >

                                            > > Thanks
                                            > >
                                            > > At least I'm not alone. I tried accessing earlier to day and it is still
                                            > > down here in Florida this evening.
                                            > >
                                            > > Ron

                                          • Chris Mattingly
                                            Message 21 of 21 , Jan 9, 2014
                                              Just got home and checked WUHU... no WU upload errors since 19:22 ET.  Glad they got it fixed!