WUHU Question

  • Rick
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 19 1:19 PM
      Any Idea Why my 24 hour history is saved as a video cd movie opens
      with Nero show but its not a movie?? I can open the log file which
      also is saving as a movie but Note pad opens that correctly, Note pad
      and anything else will not open the data in the history file correctly

      Rick
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 19 1:26 PM
        Rick,

        Apparently the Nero software has associated itself with the .dat file
        extension. That was a strange move on their part. No program should be
        assocating itself with .dat. It is really not a video file.

        The 24 hour history file is a binary encoded file. This means you
        cannot open it in an editor or display the contents. This file is used
        internally by WUHU. Similarly, HW Pro writes the file history.dat. It
        is also a binary encoded file that cannot be viewed. It is for use with
        the HW Pro application only.

        > Any Idea Why my 24 hour history is saved as a video cd movie opens
        > with Nero show but its not a movie?? I can open the log file which
        > also is saving as a movie but Note pad opens that correctly, Note pad
        > and anything else will not open the data in the history file correctly
        >
        > Rick

      • Rick
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 19 1:34 PM
          ok that explains that!